Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Average Joe

Average Joe

Are they seriously gonna give this guy 100 million? I just don't see it. He is a good game manager but like Alex Smith,I don't see him being able to take this team to the next level. It's been five years and he just can't deliver...unfortunately for us we don't have a Kapernick on the bench. Before anyone brings up the afccg last year, he threw a terrible int to Brandon Spikes on the play before Jimmy Smith picked off Brady. We couldv put them away there but people wanna talk about the Lee aevans drop...that wouldnt have mattered if he had at least gotten a FG.

Blog Entries

Re: Average Joe

Joe also had Leach wide open for the potential winning TD on one of the drives, we had to settle for a FG, don't forget about the under throw to Torrey as well. That was the worst passing defense in the league, I still have reservations about Joe when it comes to contract talk.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Are they seriously gonna give this guy 100 million? I just don't see it. He is a good game manager but like Alex Smith,I don't see him being able to take this team to the next level. It's been five years in Cam's offense and he just can't deliver...unfortunately for us we don't have a Kapernick on the bench. Before anyone brings up the afccg last year, he threw a terrible int to Brandon Spikes on the play before Jimmy Smith picked off Brady. We couldv put them away there but people wanna talk about the Lee aevans drop...that wouldnt have mattered if he had at least gotten a FG.
    Fixed that for ya. No thanks necessary.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Are they seriously gonna give this guy 100 million?
    most likely, he and his apologists will point out how many times hes been to the playoff and how many game he has won. not because the talented defense.

Blog Entries

You can blame Cam all you want, and he deserves a lot of it, but it still doesn't explain Flaccos TERRIBLE pocket poise at times, and his total mental lapses, like throwing an inexplicable interception as we saw in the first half.

As I've said for 3 years now, what you see is what you get. Average Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    You can blame Cam all you want, and he deserves a lot of it, but it still doesn't explain Flaccos TERRIBLE pocket poise at times, and his total mental lapses, like throwing an inexplicable interception as we saw in the first half.
    The interception was inexcusable as was the strip sack, although maybe that guy James Harrison deserves at least SOME credit for making the play.

Even so, Flacco got no help whatsoever from his offense. Rice had a bad game outside of one run; minimum 7 drops by his WRs, none of whom got an arm's length of separation the entire game; the OL totally fell apart in the 2nd half; Pitta did absolutely nothing outside of one play; and of course the OC was inexplicable.

I know we're going to hear "Ray Rice needed to get the ball more." But I am VERY tired of watching Rice run into Birk's back and flop on his face for 1 yard 8 or 9 times a game, while no-name backs from Pittsburgh bounce around and break tackles for real games. Rice is a HUGE talent and I don't think he's being coached up and utilized to his potential far too often.

another knock is he has the worst play action fakes in the league, just barely turns his shoulder and does not show the ball...ya that is really going to fool the D

Blog Entries
    I still think we will never know how good Flacco can be until he is in another offensive scheme.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    The interception was inexcusable as was the strip sack, although maybe that guy James Harrison deserves at least SOME credit for making the play.

Even so, Flacco got no help whatsoever from his offense. Rice had a bad game outside of one run; minimum 7 drops by his WRs, none of whom got an arm's length of separation the entire game; the OL totally fell apart in the 2nd half; Pitta did absolutely nothing outside of one play; and of course the OC was inexplicable.

I know we're going to hear "Ray Rice needed to get the ball more." But I am VERY tired of watching Rice run into Birk's back and flop on his face for 1 yard 8 or 9 times a game, while no-name backs from Pittsburgh bounce around and break tackles for real games. Rice is a HUGE talent and I don't think he's being coached up and utilized to his potential far too often.
    Rice came up big when it mattered, Flacco didn't, stop trying to blame everyone else, he under threw pretty much every time he went deep.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bengtc View Post
    another knock is he has the worst play action fakes in the league, just barely turns his shoulder and does not show the ball...ya that is really going to fool the D
    It does when they can actually run the ball effectively.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

Rice came up big when it mattered, Flacco didn't, stop trying to blame everyone else, he under threw pretty much every time he went deep.
    What about that one pass that hit Torrey in the hands in the end zone?