Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Ravens Rumormill: R. Lewis campaigning for T. Smith? This and more from Westminster

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Some of you folks just need to keep living in "Imaginationland". It's probably best if you don't look at what's really going on with this team. The inmates run the asylum and they have for the past few years now. This team will not win another championship until that changes.
    And I happen to notice your utter lack of any sort of back up to your claim ... once again.

The "if you dont believe it, you're nuts" defense never works.

Re: Ravens Rumormill: R. Lewis campaigning for T. Smith? This and more from Westminster

Bisciotti admitted the players had influence in a television interview a couple months ago. I'm sure there is thread about it on here somewhere.

"Imaginationland, Imagggggggiiiiinaaaaattiiioooon Land"

Bisciotti admitted the players had influence in a television interview a couple months ago. I'm sure there is thread about it on here somewhere
    Then you should have no problem what so ever finding it .... I'll wait.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Let me save him the search, Bisciotti commented that he interviewed the players in regard to Billick.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Let me save him the search, Bisciotti commented that he interviewed the players in regard to Billick.
    That's common knowledge. It was debated over and over again on these boards.

Getting feedback is a lot different then doing the will of the players. It's the later I have serious doubts about until I see something other then rumor.

Some of you folks just need to keep living in "Imaginationland".

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    That's common knowledge. It was debated over and over again on these boards.

Getting feedback is a lot different then doing the will of the players. It's the later I have serious doubts about until I see something other then rumor.

SB first denied he got any input from the players. Then it was reported that indeed he did and he admitted it later in that interview.

Can you not connect the dots? He told Billick he was coming back in November. Then he did his "research" and changed his mind.

How you can sit here and think that the players didn't have a major influence in his decision is beyond me.

People on both sides of the firing acknowledge it.

Some don't care because they wanted Billick gone no matter what. Others see it as a red flag.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Can you not connect the dots? He told Billick he was coming back in November. Then he did his "research" and changed his mind.

How you can sit here and think that the players didn't have a major influence in his decision is beyond me.

Two things you or I do not know are ....

1. What the players told SB. You're assuming the majority wanted him gone. Yet I was able to find an article in The Sun (written by a pretty level-headed reporter) to the contrary.

2. That he made his decision based on the players input. Nothing in what I have read, other then people here and the afore mentioned ratings-strapped WNST, that tells me this happened.

You talk about connecting the dots -- and thats exactly what I am asking the nay sayers to do. You jumped to a huge conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Two things you or I do not know are ....

1. What the players told SB. You're assuming the majority wanted him gone. Yet I was able to find an article in The Sun (written by a pretty level-headed reporter) to the contrary.

2. That he made his decision based on the players input. Nothing in what I have read, other then people here and the afore mentioned ratings-strapped WNST, that tells me this happened.

You talk about connecting the dots -- and thats exactly what I am asking the nay sayers to do. You jumped to a huge conclusion.
    Houston.

Do you really think you're gonna find a nice tidy article saying which players told SB to get rid of Billick?

Of course you won't.

I dunno why you think you would. Sometimes you gotta read between the lines and come to conclusions on your own. IMO it's pretty damn obvious that the players had a major role in the dismissal of Brian Billick.

Sorry you think that's some ridiculous notion.

PP

Houston.

Do you really think you're gonna find a nice tidy article saying which players told SB to get rid of Billick?

Of course you won't.

I dunno why you think you would. Sometimes you gotta read between the lines and come to conclusions on your own. IMO it's pretty damn obvious that the players had a major role in the dismissal of Brian Billick.

Sorry you think that's some ridiculous notion.

PP
    PP

Do you really think someone with the uber-ego and uber success of Bisciotti would make a multi million dollar decision based solely on what his subordinates have to say?

Yes, sometimes you have to read between the lines. And yes, there will never be a smoking gun article that says this indeed happened.

Like any shrewed businessman, he got input from everyone -- players, other FO peeps, Modell, other owners etc -- and THEN made is decision.

You make the conclusion that he polled the players and then canned BB. Period.

Sorry, that dog dont hunt.

SB first denied he got any input from the players. Then it was reported that indeed he did and he admitted it later in that interview.

Some don't care because they wanted Billick gone no matter what. Others see it as a red flag.

PP
    Agreed.

It is common knowledge now that Bisciotti going back on his vote of confidence in Billick was related to a poll he did of players and coaches.

I don't necessarily see anything wrong with that, except that its part of an overall trend / team culture that has players overstepping their bounds.

Ray shouldn't be trying to play GM.

Oh, and on a funny note, the irony of player having input is that while they all mostly wanted Billick gone, a bunch of them (cough cough Ed Reed) aren't really happy with Harbaugh so far.

Really, its better for players to understand their place in the team's hierachy.

Right now the inmates, especially the superstar inmates, are running the assylum and thats a BIG problem.

If it isn't in the Byrne Identity Houston won't believe it.

So people think Brian Billick acquired the talent (or is it just offensive players?), Biscotti hires and fires the coaches.....just what does Ozzie Newsome do at 1 winning drive?
    Last edited by RavinDonnie; 08-12-2008 at 06:42 PM.