Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: "Seven Nation" chant & Ravens: is this our intangible "cheesehead", our "terrible towel"?

The 7 Raven Nation Army song is great. I think it will continue for another year or more but eventually it will get sporadic. Other teams use it and it's based on a popular song - popular songs fade away and so will this one, just like "Who Let The Dogs Out?!!!"

As far as a something that's clearly 'RAVENS' i'm not sure, but i do know something that historically has been traditional in Baltimore. The Cheerleaders and a well known Fan named Big Wheel led "C-O-L-T-S Colts" Cheers all over Memorial Stadium for 15 plus years. In an effort to continue that tradition we've led "R-A-V-E-N-S Ravens" cheers after every score since 1998. Several thousand people join in every game.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Re: "Seven Nation" chant & Ravens: is this our intangible "cheesehead", our "terrible towel"?

I think I'm over the chant. So many people use it. Retire it.

I was not a fan of it at first, but it's grown on me. And I have to admit, I absolutely LOVE hearing it over the TV during away games. Hearing it in Denver, NE, and then NOLA was, with apologies to Joe Flacco:respect, fucking awesome!:happyanim

And for those that don't like it, we always have the "Bullshit" chant from Week 3.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I was not a fan of it at first, but it's grown on me. And I have to admit, I absolutely LOVE hearing it over the TV during away games.
    This. Just like when teams hate seeing piss-colored towels in their own stadium, teams hate to hear the Ravens invasion from the chant. ... Don't really get all the hate for it. We have an awesome original song already, the Colts-->Ravens fight song.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

It was good to hear over this superbowl run-
    But by the end of the week I was really tired of it.

I hope that they retire it and whip it out whenever they honor those players from this superbowl run.
    It not original and colleges sing it all of the time...
    And we werent the first to do this chant-
    Retire it!!

6. Re: "Seven Nation" chant & Ravens: is this our intangible "cheesehead", our "terrible towel"?

I hate it and hope we stop doing it

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    And for those that don't like it, we always have the "Bullshit" chant from Week 3.
    Also known as "Baltimore giving voice to a nation" frustrated with the replacement refs.

Nobody does the BS chant better than Baltimore...I think it goes back to Weaver's days in Memorial Stadium.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    This. Just like when teams hate seeing piss-colored towels in their own stadium, teams hate to hear the Ravens invasion from the chant. ... Don't really get all the hate for it. We have an awesome original song already, the Colts-->Ravens fight song.
    btw...They were playing that when we scored in the Superdome, half the stadium singing along then the loud "FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT" was awsome.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    btw...They were playing that when we scored in the Superdome, half the stadium singing along then the loud "FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT" was awsome.
    That's good to hear. When the rewrittten Baltimore Fight Song was introduced a few years ago, it caught alot of grief from folks who said it was outdated, etc. I've noticed that the number of people chanting "Fight, etc..." has grown more and more at M&T. This year i noticed that the number of Fans who actually know most or all the words really increased. Very cool that it was sung at the Super Bowl.

It's all about having fun. If Fans have a good time doing it - so be it.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Being a fan of European soccer, college basketball, as well as liking the song when it first came out, I compare the Seven Nation Army chant by Ravens fans to watching your Great Aunt do the Macarena at a Bar Mitzvah...she's oblivious to how played out it is, but she sure seems to have a good time doing it.

I sing the fight song every morning before a big game, especially if I'm going to it. Maybe because it's so old-school is the reason it gets to me. The melody and the lyrics (even adjusted for the Ravens) just sound classic, kinda like the phrase "Put that bull across the line."
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    But that has become the goto for like EVERYTHING....and folks, when people do that without a large crowd or music there, it JUST SOUNDS STUPID. Our thing is "OOOOO, ooo, OO, oo, oo, ooooo, oooooo...."?
    It's now overused to the point of irritating. People with no rhythm, sense of beat, or musical ear trying to chant it incessantly makes for a ridiculous noise. Inside the stadium is okay, but at every single activity in New Orleans was stupid-sounding.