Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Another loss in the conference title game; who to fire now?

Oline coach

We can steal the coach from the Texans

Special teams went backwards this year. I'm not saying fire Rosburg but I don't know what's happened
    Last season David Reed, Cundiff and Koch were great and no big issues with the coverage. Koch gets in this thread too, he's had a poor year by his standards

I seriously question the decision to take the FG on 4th and 1/2 a yard yet go for it on 4th and 6 when they could have punted inside the 10 and maybe had better field position when we stopped them on their possession. I think we were more likely to get the 1/2 yard than the 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens825 View Post
    I seriously question the decision to take the FG on 4th and 1/2 a yard yet go for it on 4th and 6 when they could have punted inside the 10 and maybe had better field position when we stopped them on their possession. I think we were more likely to get the 1/2 yard than the 6.
    We had no points on the board at the time. While the 4 and 6 call was questionable, the FG would probably have been missed (why they went for a pass) and the 4 and 1 call was correct. Those points got the O going. Would they have done the same if they botched the 4th down?

We need a revamp of the offensive staff. Rosburg I'm not sure - I think Bmore is cursed at times with the HC's normal sector - Offense, Billick's area, screws up in 06 and ST, Harbs' area, screws up in 11. Despite yesterday, STs is the easiest to sacrifice. Please never get a defensive HC.

I think today showed that we can win with our aerial attack. Flacco can be the hero we need. His receivers let him down.

They need to go and blow a lot of money on offensive weapons in free agency. I don't trust our ability to draft receivers, just get a proven commodity. Throw a bathtub full of gold at Vincent Jackson and/or Marques Colston. Get a speedster RB to compliment Rice and Ricky.

I think our defense is fine for a while, although we do need to look towards the future at ILB and Safety.

I hate to panic after going to the playoffs four years in a row, getting to the AFC championship game twice, but I'm all for getting rid of Cameron. For all the talk about Evans' drop and Cundiff's miss, people still forget that we only put up 20 points on a mediocre Patriots defense, even after forcing three turnovers. That doesn't cut it in today's league.

I think the ST coach is in trouble we were 31st in covering kick offs and in the bottom 10 in returning kick offs not to mention all the missed FG's which is on the kicker too but still, Cundiff will be lucky to be back unless there's an upgrade out there, Cam will stay he started to call very good game at the back end of the season and hopefully he and Joe will be even better next season.
    Go Ravens!!!!!

Rosenberg (sp), or whatever the ST coach name is MUST BE GONE; but like Billick with Cavanaugh I don't see Harbs giving up on his buddy till way after the fact. Cameron and his unimaginative offensive style must go too, as well as the receivers coach and O-line coach. I really hope we can find a replacement for Birk. He's the Clay Morrow of the oline, old and not much punch left.

Dickson.
    Ellerbe
    Evans
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

I dont really like this thread...they were a split second from winning the game if Evans holds on to that pass just a a fraction of a second longer. I don't see why there needs to be a firing spree...the team, players, etc, can say it is a team game and no one player loses the game all they want, but in reality two players lost this game and they are the only two that can never play in Baltimore again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I hate to panic after going to the playoffs four years in a row, getting to the AFC championship game twice, but I'm all for getting rid of Cameron. For all the talk about Evans' drop and Cundiff's miss, people still forget that we only put up 20 points on a mediocre Patriots defense, even after forcing three turnovers. That doesn't cut it in today's league.

Cameron wasn't the main reason we lost and if Evans could catch we'd have scored 27 not 20, but this was one of the NFL's worst defenses and we won the turnover battle. 20 (or 27) points given that favorable situation is an underachievement. And Flacco personally played a good game. If Joe had been merely OK, we'd have scored a lot less.

Plus we have to look at the entirety of Cameron's work here. He's been dependably unimaginative in the important games. Our offense comes up short too often, and the schemes we run are too basic, too predictable, and don't mesh well enough with the strengths of our players.

With all that said... is there anyone out there who is not just better than Cam but also available? We shouldn't change just for the sake of change.