Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: I am a sports fan in general

I don't think Ram is trolling he is just silly on his arguments.

The suggestion that the league is weak because a rookie QB has taken a really good team to the AFC Championship doesn't hold water. There is no truth to the idea that because you are a rookie, you can't be good. Also there is no truth to the idea that one position out of 22 on a team would have enough bearing on the quality of a team to diagnose the quality of an overall league. That is neophyte.

The other suggestion that if the Ravens win next week it means the league is weak is also lame. The Ravens have veterans on both side of the ball and are loaded with Pro-Bowl caliber players. There is nothing to suggest that this should be nothing but a good team regardless of the caliber of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    about the ravens jersey- I was just letting you know I am sports fan who owns sports stuff
    Good for you, I'm a human being that owns human being stuff.

Seems kind of idiotic to me that you choose to want to display a piece of merchandise that represents an entity of a league that you don't think deserves to be considered as a good thing in said league.

Of course with all the rest of this dumb shit you've put up here today I'm not surprised.

as far as the rest. all you did was sling insults for each quote. You havent proven or disproven anything.
    Ahh, no...
    Me calling you a complete moron who needs to remove his head from his ass would be an insult, but I'm not going there.

And yes, I have proven that you're a complete moron who needs to remove his head from his ass.

I dont put the Rams in a seperate category. Warner having talent has nothing to do with wether the league is weak due to parity. I am a Ram fan- that doesnt mean I wont challenge the quality of the product.
    OK, so now we've established that in your opinion a defensive based team with a quality QB in his first season isn't good for the league, nor is a highly offensive based team being led by a guy who fought his way into the league and was given a chance.

So tell us then, exactly what would be your ideal team, and ideal way for this league to meet what you would call good standards?

Apparently good competition league wide offering every team a chance to be successful is the wrong way to go.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

you keep grinding on the non-issues. you say I have no proof yet you cant prove anything yourself. Parity by definition means everything is weaker ie spread too thinly. A rookie QB winning would prove the league is watered down it already has. all the worst to 1st turn arounds are an example. youre just a bunch of sports fans afraid to think beyond rah rah Ravens. you cant prove me wrong cause you never even pondered the possibility. but to have a rookie QB do this in front of your eyes and you dont question it makes you look pretty simplistic- the Ravens will lose next week- and if I am wrong , who cares- its just sports banter and than your life goes on-

you keep grinding on the non-issues. you say I have no proof yet you cant prove anything yourself. Parity by definition means everything is weaker ie spread too thinly
    Wrong. Parity is the equality of status. The word has no negative connotation yet you seem to want to apply it as a negative to fit your argument. You're the simplistic one -- throwing out a theory, having it totally rebuffed and you turn to insults.

A rookie QB winning would prove the league is watered down it already has
    How? You keep saying this and provided NOTHING in the way of evidence, proof, etc.

all the worst to 1st turn arounds are an example. youre just a bunch of sports fans afraid to think beyond rah rah Ravens
    Maybe, but you cant make your argument so you turn to ad hominim attacks to deflect the lack of evidence in your claims.

you cant prove me wrong cause you never even pondered the possibility. but to have a rookie QB do this in front of your eyes and you dont question it makes you look pretty simplistic
    See above.

the Ravens will lose next week- and if I am wrong , who cares- its just sports banter and than your life goes on-
    So why did you start the thread? Nice to see you finally start to admit you might be wrong.

Parity by definition means everything is weaker ie spread too thinly.
    Per Meriiam Webster

Parity:
    the quality or state of being equal or equivalent

This board has the most knowledge and understanding football fans that I've seen. Yes were all Ravens fan but for the most part we look at the league and our team objectively. If you dont like it get off our board.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

you keep grinding on the non-issues. you say I have no proof yet you cant prove anything yourself. Parity by definition means everything is weaker ie spread too thinly. A rookie QB winning would prove the league is watered down it already has. all the worst to 1st turn arounds are an example. youre just a bunch of sports fans afraid to think beyond rah rah Ravens. you cant prove me wrong cause you never even pondered the possibility. but to have a rookie QB do this in front of your eyes and you dont question it makes you look pretty simplistic- the Ravens will lose next week- and if I am wrong , who cares- its just sports banter and than your life goes on-
    Yeah, starting to abandon traditional sentence structure, goodbye capital letters.

Come on meltdown. . .

We don't have to prove anything, noob. You made the argument. *You* prove it. We just get to sit here and point out how you fail. That's how arguments work.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

parity is equality through everything being weakened

Blog Entries

Thats just not true. Thats your wrong understanding of the word. Google the word.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Yeah, starting to abandon traditional sentence structure, goodbye capital letters.

Come on meltdown. . .

We don't have to prove anything, noob. You made the argument. *You* prove it. We just get to sit here and point out how you fail. That's how arguments work.

posting on a site is the equivlant of writing a note on a fridge. I dont worry about what I dont have to turn in as a official assignmet of some sort. this is just quick conversational banter/ sports fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Thats just not true. Thats your wrong understanding of the word. Google the word.
    no, its my ability to interpret what it really means. the league is weaker because of free agency.
    a rookie QB in the afc championship is proof enough. I dont care how good he is.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson
    I have no idea why you are hung up on this parity issue, but you don't appear to even know what it means. Have you checked the standings for this season? We had an 0-16 team (for the first time ever), bottom dwellers like the Chiefs and the Rams, and teams like the Titans and Giants that ran up 12 or 13 wins. That is not anyone's definition of parity -- not anyone who knows what it means, anyway.