Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: America's Game? - If we win.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I doubt Ray is an option as they don't have players doing it twice...and Ray obviously was the prime guy on the 2000 one.
    Manning, Brady, and Coughlin have all been in it a couple times.

Er, sorry, not Brady. I misread.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Manning, Brady, and Coughlin have all been in it a couple times.

Er, sorry, not Brady. I misread.
    I stand corrected.

You are correct.

Maybe they do ask Ray.

Honestly though, I'd rather hear Flacco, Harbaugh and let Reed get some notoriety...he's given a lot of himself here and Ray's story has been told so many times it would be nice to let another person get some airtime.
    Last edited by Raveninwoodlawn; 01-28-2013 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Edit...maybe they do 4 guys and we can include Ray too?
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

3. Re: America's Game? - If we win.

What I think it'll be: Joe Flacco, Ray Rice, Ray Lewis, John Harbaugh

Reasoning: After they allowed Eli and Coughlin on twice last year and expanded to 4...it opened to door for Ray Lewis to come back on. Ray Rice needs to be on because of 4th and 29, plus he'll talk about how much Ray meant to the team and himself going into the final playoff ride. Flacco and Harbaugh are obvious.

What I want it to be: Joe Flacco, Ray Rice, Terrell Suggs, John Harbaugh

Why has no one mentioned ...

BRENDAN AYANBADEJO!!!
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

I'd bet...

Harbaugh - Would have to be the coaching representative
    Ray or Reed or Suggs - Ray more likely because "the last ride", but since he was out for half the season, I could see Reed or Suggs being the spokesperson for the D
    Flacco or Rice - Who else is more qualified to narrate what happened on offense? Leach? Anquan?
    SB MVP - Unless it's a "random" guy like Jacoby Jones or something, it'll likely be a key member of our whole season
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

This may be a long shot because he wasnt instrumental down the stretch of regular season but Torrey Smith?

Its been a long season and I dont blame anyone who forgot about his brother, Tevin's passing in the morning of a very important game against the Patriots. Would be an interesting story for Torrey to recount especially how he dealt with it and managed to play probably his best game of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_Raven View Post
    This may be a long shot because he wasnt instrumental down the stretch of regular season but Torrey Smith?

Its been a long season and I dont blame anyone who forgot about his brother, Tevin's passing in the morning of a very important game against the Patriots. Would be an interesting story for Torrey to recount especially how he dealt with it and managed to play probably his best game of the season.
    How wasn't he instrumental?

I think Torrey would be a great candidate, but Boldin would probably get the nod .
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Blog Entries

On the other hand...Trent Dilfer wasn't the biggest part of the offense in 2000. Sharpe or Jamal would've been bigger, but he had the most unique perspective on it.

Torrey could be a unique perspective, but I'd have to think Anquan or Joe, simply because they could comment more on the change between Cam and Caldwell.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    How wasn't he instrumental?

I think Torrey would be a great candidate, but Boldin would probably get the nod .
    He wasnt spectacular, but he has gotten the job done when his numbers been called. The losing stretch didnt help either, then again the whole team played terrible except the Giants game.

Blog Entries

He wasnt spectacular, but he has gotten the job done when his numbers been called. The losing stretch didnt help either, then again the whole team played terrible except the Giants game.
    Remember, the 2000 Ravens had 5 games without scoring a TD...

Again, key is going to be finding the person who can really "narrate" the story of the offense for the year. Someone who has a unique, but encompassing perspective.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Remember, the 2000 Ravens had 5 games without scoring a TD...

Again, key is going to be finding the person who can really "narrate" the story of the offense for the year. Someone who has a unique, but encompassing perspective.
    birk?

No one was spectacular down the stretch.

However Torrey has been awesome in the playoffs.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold