Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. OT-Sect 513/514 incident

Did anyone else see the girl in 513/514 that needed the medical attention early in the game? BOMBED...They had to carry her down on the stretcher and she obviously had no idea where she was. Just curious...she seemed to be on her own. How does a so called "friend" let their other "friend" have that happen to them and then leave her sitting on her own...and...I'm no saint but drinking/tailgate is all good but the money for tickets, etc. is it worth not remembering the day/game/getting taken out of the stadium on a stretcher???? Sorry about the non-football topic but that troubled me yesterday.

Re: OT-Sect 513/514 incident

We were going back to the tailgate lot last night, lot J, and these 2 girls were walking arm and arm and the one gets her flip flop caught in the railroad track and face plants herself, lays in the middle of the tracks laughing, her friend pulls her up and they stagger into the police officer directing traffic, smart mouth him and stagger on their way. The poor cop just shook his head and said he could not imagine people getting themselves that drunk in public.

Blog Entries

he should've cited them for public drunkedness then. Mess with the cops and you should be outta there.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    he should've cited them for public drunkedness then. Mess with the cops and you should be outta there.
    You'd have to cite 3/4 of the people leaving the stadium then. City cops have to choose when to pick their battles. One drunken girl is not worth the trouble.

5. Re: OT-Sect 513/514 incident

I really don't understand the mentality some people have of getting so drunk they don't even remember the game.

I know it will never happen, but I would have no problem if beer sales were prohibited during games. You have plenty of time to get your beer during your tailgate party. In fact, for those of us who like to drink before the game, a "dry" game gives us time to get a clear head before heading home that evening.

Colleges have been doing it this way for decades, and the fans at those games tend to be entirely less hostile (and more conscious) than those at pro games.

Quote Originally Posted by Fletchterps View Post
    I know it will never happen, but I would have no problem if beer sales were prohibited during games.
    Would you also have no problem when the Ravens raise ticket prices to make up for the lost concession money from beer sales?

I'm on the other side of the stadium in section 543 and there was a girl being taken out on a stretcher. She was completely and totally out cold. I looked at a guy next to me and said "she must be really tired". We both laughed, but also could not believe how drunk people will get in public.

There was a guy in our bathroom throwing up all over...I guess its the first time some of the fans drink.
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

I am actually friends with the girl who had to be taken out of the game on the stretcher. It was an unfortunate situation that basically boiled down to drinking WAY too much at the tailgate that morning. I was not there, and apparently no one was paying close enough attention to realize that she had drank so much beforehand.

In case anyone's curious, she spent a majority of the day at the hospital but has just about completely recovered today. She has also sworn off of alcohol indefinitely, and is seeking treatment as a result of yesterday's ordeal. She was lucky that she didn't do serious damage to herself, and she realizes it.

I couldn't imagine drinking that much at a football game. I'll drink beer while tailgating, but I'm there to see the game. I'll get a buzz going and have maybe 2 beers inside the stadium. Hopefully that girl will be ok, and get help if she needs it.

I saw it as I sit in 513. Unfortunate to ruin a great game like that by drinking too much. I am glad she is getting help. I love alcohol and could never give it up, but then again I have never been and never plan on being as drunk as she was.

I saw a drunk guy trip coming down the stairs, stumble a few times then face plant into the concrete up around section 551. His friend was laughing at picked him up, I think he was so drunk he didn't even feel it.