Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: WIndow of opportunity closing....

The Steelers are in a lot worse shape than us. I think we have a lot of young studs, some we don't even know about.

Re: WIndow of opportunity closing....

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    The Steelers are in a lot worse shape than us. I think we have a lot of young studs, some we don't even know about.
    Exactly my thinking man. I think our offense can be explosive with a new offensive coordinator and a talent at receiver. Flacco, Rice, Torrey, Boldin, Pitta and another really solid receiver? Sky's the limit for this team I think.

How many times have we ravens fans counted out the Steelers. We should all learn not to underestimate them.

4. Re: WIndow of opportunity closing....

Maybe our new OC will have the sense to use Pitta #2 (Doss). Guy has amazing hands and personally I feel like were gonna see him take off next year similar to Pitta this year. Plus we have guys like Michael McAdoo who is a freak of nature and Kindle, who I think is a beast in waiting. They just got his feet a little wet this year, but he's going to be a force IMO. Add Kruger, McPhee, Cody, and Jones and a new, young, mean, tackling machine at ILB (Burfict?) and we're A ok. Our CB's are great, Gorrer is another guy waiting in the wings and we are about to save a good amount of $ by cutting Foxworth. So all in all, I think we are ok. Add to that OL, get a new OC, and get ILB's to learn from Ray. Bam, we're right back here next year (hopefully a nice win next time!).

5. Re: WIndow of opportunity closing....

I know what you mean and I expect them to be good, but that D is ancient and it's not like they have young guys to step in. They're in cap trouble and their OL still blows. A lot of holes, not much $, and Ben seems like he's an ankle hit away from retirement. IDK, plus Mendenhall is coming off of a torn ACL and they're in bad shape all the way around. I still expect them to be tough, but their D has to concern them.

We have 19 of 21 draft picks from the last 3 years on this roster right now, if you think our window is closing you are a complete idiot and probably have the mental capacity of a 5 year old.

Oh what is that what the media is saying? I rest my case.

We have 2 or 3 guys past their prime, and about 15-20 not even in their prime yet but about to be. We were stacked this year and we will be next year.

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    We have 19 of 21 draft picks from the last 3 years on this roster right now, if you think our window is closing you are a complete idiot and probably have the mental capacity of a 5 year old.

Oh what is that what the media is saying? I rest my case.

We have 2 or 3 guys past their prime, and about 15-20 not even in their prime yet but about to be. We were stacked this year and we will be next year.
    EXACTLY!!! I'm very excited for our future, especially if what Ed and Ray have said really sinks into these younger guys.

8. Re: WIndow of opportunity closing....

The way the offense has developed this season. I have no worries about this team getting to the AFCCG again this time next year. With the young, brewing talent on defense..I think it kinda helps take the pressure off of Lewis and Reed a bit. Secondary is getting a lot better and with guys like McPhee and Kruger, I don't think Ed Reed will be without a ring for long.

Lightbulb Re: WIndow of opportunity closing....

Window closing? Nobody knows the future. You only get so many chances in life. Take it from me I'm old. Seen times with promise fizzle and times where things looked bleak blossom. You only get so many chances so you better cash them in.

Injuries are always the great leveller. Yes, the Packers survived it in 2010, but that is rare. We've been very lucky in the last two years, but have fallen short.

If we're lucky with that for another year, there's no reason not to be optimistic. Teams have been successful consistently for longer than five years. Ray, Ed and Ray Rice are the only main worries going forward (age x2 and then the contract - Suggs and Ngata have not played well the year of their contract and you hope that will not happen to Rice as well). Aside that, we're looking good. Most of the key players are young and have room for improvement. It's amazing how the rookies stepped up this year and will only be better next year.

Ravens do need to find an area they're excellent at, I think as they don't have one. Good to great at everything, excellent at nothing. Find a real strength or cultivate one that scares the rest of the league. Top teams all have that one strength (usually pass attack or pass rush). Right now, you'd think it could actually be the secondary (funny, considering what it was like in 2009). If Webbie continues to play at this level and improves to a shutdown corner and we've got Jimmy playing to his talent level, that's one hell of a tandem going forward.

True, at the same time I feel like they will keep on competing and the Bengals will definetly be a harsh competitor if they have another good draft and the Browns have an abundance of picks... The AFC North will be a tough, but fun, division to be a part of for the next few years.

Blog Entries

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/B...ip-Game-012212

This type of horrible writing is why people even say theres a window. This team will be a perennial playoff team because we have the type of front office and coaching staff to make that happen. I truly believe well be better next year than this, and i feel that way almost every year with this team. There is no window, except for getting Ed and Ray a superbowl before they retire, but well be contending still long after theyre gone.
    -JAB