Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Coaches Changes

Re: Coaches Changes

Quote Originally Posted by adude View Post
    I just think that John H. hitched a ride on a train that was already ROLLIN hard man. Circumstance and his bad ideas are where we are at right now. EXPOSED. His good friends Cam Moron and Cam Stillo Cam Pees , his ideas. This is now HIS team , the way that HE wants it ( last year this was still Ray and Ed's team ). He is doing a fantastic job right ? How you liken it ?
    The train that was rollin hard coming off of a 5-11 season? That doesn't really sound like a train that was rollin' hard. How people can actually consider the idea that the last 5 years were left over from Billick is absolutely beyond me. The culture of this team totally changed once Harbaugh came.

The talent was already established we just needed a quaterback which also happened that year right ?

Ya know, on the one hand it's certainly true that Harbaugh deserves some substantial amount of leash given the overall level of success he's had since taking the team over, and that there are a lot of things going on with this team (offensive line injuries, young defensive players, etc.) that aren't really his (or anyone's) fault. On the other hand, at some point doesn't he have to get in some sort of trouble over the fact that all of his guys that get brought in to be coaches/coordinators (with maybe the exception of Pees based on some real personnel challenges) have been whopping failures? A head coach who continually makes bad decisions w/r/t his coaching staff because he's looking out for his friends first and foremost is a huge liability for a team.

The talent was already established we just needed a quaterback which also happened that year right ?
    Yeah, because rookie Flacco set the world on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by BSHU View Post
    The train that was rollin hard coming off of a 5-11 season? That doesn't really sound like a train that was rollin' hard. How people can actually consider the idea that the last 5 years were left over from Billick is absolutely beyond me. The culture of this team totally changed once Harbaugh came.
    You know , those Billick years... we lost more often than not. But unlike today you NEVER felt like guys just didn't show up. No team walked away from a Ravens game like nothing even happened back then.

I was a HUGE Billick guy, but he absolutely lost the team 2007. He was done. They didn't show up at all that season.

Quote Originally Posted by Brien Jackson View Post
    Ya know, on the one hand it's certainly true that Harbaugh deserves some substantial amount of leash given the overall level of success he's had since taking the team over, and that there are a lot of things going on with this team (offensive line injuries, young defensive players, etc.) that aren't really his (or anyone's) fault. On the other hand, at some point doesn't he have to get in some sort of trouble over the fact that all of his guys that get brought in to be coaches/coordinators (with maybe the exception of Pees based on some real personnel challenges) have been whopping failures? A head coach who continually makes bad decisions w/r/t his coaching staff because he's looking out for his friends first and foremost is a huge liability for a team.
    Just like any management job, football coaches are more comfortable hiring people they know because they already have a connection with them. He's not looking out for his friends he's doing what he thinks is best for the team. What people are saying isn't that Harbaugh shouldn't be held accountable for anything it's that Harbaugh has done a very, very good job since he's been here and that anyone even considering his release at this point is being ridiculous.

You know , those Billick years... we lost more often than not. But unlike today you NEVER felt like guys just didn't show up. No team walked away from a Ravens game like nothing even happened back then.
    This is a beyond ridiculous statement. How short fans' memories can be.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    I was a HUGE Billick guy, but he absolutely lost the team 2007. He was done. They didn't show up at all that season.
    Indeed. The catastrophe at Heinz Field comes to mind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BSHU View Post
    Indeed. The catastrophe at Heinz Field comes to mind.
    Or the one in Detroit where they set a record for the most penalties in a game iirc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

He is stubborn and lacks vision. He has gotten alot of credit from the sweat of others. He has brought unqualified coaches on board and refuses to take any grief regarding his poor choices. He is not the worst out there but neither was Billick.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Or the one in Detroit where they set a record for the most penalties in a game iirc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'll never forget that game. I was embarrassed as a Ravens fan. Billick totally lost that team.