Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Overpaying Flacco could sink the Ravens

My approach would be to franchise Joe and fire Cam. You might have to blow up the team a little to afford the tag but I think most of us would be fine if it meant that we would move past being a bridesmaid every year.

You work with Joe in the offseason to see what kind of system he would be most effective in (just about any other) and hire a coach who can compliment him. I would use the next year to judge him for long term purpose - which, although it may seem unfair to judge him on one year, I feel as though he's eroded my confidence with these kind of numbers:

12th Yards
    18th Yards/Attempt
    19th Touchdowns
    19th Passer Rating
    23rd Completion Pct.
    6th Most Sacked

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I think the franchise tag is the best option. It is a lot of money, but it buys time and a team could offer Flacco a contract and they'd have to give the Ravens 2 1st round picks.
    Washington gave up more than that to get Robert Griffin III, a guy who had never even taken an NFL snap, much less led his team within a dropped pass of the Super Bowl. (Obviously they don't regret it now because RGIII certainly appears to be a franchise QB.)

Buffalo, New York (Jets), Kansas City, Arizona, and Jacksonville would all give up 2 first rounders in a heartbeat to acquire Flacco, and he would probably instantly make Arizona the favorite to win their division in 2013.

It doesn't matter though, because if Flacco gets tagged, he will get the EXCLUSIVE tag and no other team would be able to sign him to an offer sheet.

The one thing that is SINKING this team right now is Managment!!!

From top to bottom.

From the Biscuit to the lowest coach on the totem pole.

The whole thing about Harbs almost losing the team and having the meeting that put it all back together.....

The real question is how did it get to that point?

It was so interesting that 1 Winning Drive showed Q telling CAM that the middle of the field is wide open. CAM with the befuddled look and saying Really?!?!

I wish I could have been there to say. Yeah fuckwad just like every other game this year, last year, etc etc etc.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I don't think anyone could really argue against this. I mean Manning might make a few better decisions here and there, like choosing not to throw a deep ball, but everytime I see Joe chuck one deep, no one is really open underneath.
    Did Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers look like shit under Cameron when they had the Chargers offense ranked #3, #5, and #1 in the league from 2004-2006?

Just think about that. As recently as 2006, Cameron's so called "ancient" offense was the top offense in the league and scored nearly 70 points more than the next closest team. Are we really sure that Cameron (and Joe, for that matter) are the problem and not the man at the top...?
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

A column from Brian detailing the cap ramifications of franchising Joe next year would be most appreciated. I assume Boldin is a goner. Ed Reed too?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Did Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers look like shit under Cameron when they had the Chargers offense ranked #3, #5, and #1 in the league from 2004-2006?

Just think about that. As recently as 2006, Cameron's so called "ancient" offense was the top offense in the league and scored nearly 70 points more than the next closest team. Are we really sure that Cameron (and Joe, for that matter) are the problem and not the man at the top...?
    That's a good point. But I think the problem is both or a combination of Harbs conservative approach and Cam's style of offense.

You could have more success (IMO) with a different offense that wasn't too risky (AKA conservative Harbaugh approach) then we do now.

For example, look at New England, 3 - 5 step drops quick slants etc. OR a game plan like the Steelers did to us Wide receiver screens, fake WR screens TE up the middle.

My point is I think Harbaugh's approach with Cam's style offense is whats hindered this offense/ Joe from really taking the next step.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    That's a good point. But I think the problem is both or a combination of Harbs conservative approach and Cam's style of offense.

You could have more success (IMO) with a different offense that wasn't too risky (AKA conservative Harbaugh approach) then we do now.

For example, look at New England, 3 - 5 step drops quick slants etc. OR a game plan like the Steelers did to us Wide receiver screens, fake WR screens TE up the middle.

My point is I think Harbaugh's approach with Cam's style offense is whats hindered this offense/ Joe from really taking the next step.
    Thank you... though it is hard to believe we are on the same page! LOL

Blog Entries

Be careful spewing that bullshit. 2006 is also the year that LT rushed for over 1800 yards and 28 rushing TD's.

Rivers stats in 06

92 QBR, 61.7 completion percentage, 3388 yards, 22 tds and 9 interceptions. Those are not exactly top flight numbers. In fact those numbers look eerily similar to Flacco's numbers his entire career.

None of the above is an endorsement for Cam's ability to develop a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I believe Al Davis died last year.
    They also fired Hue Jackson :p
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    A column from Brian detailing the cap ramifications of franchising Joe next year would be most appreciated. I assume Boldin is a goner. Ed Reed too?
    Part of the motivation behind the subject column was to set Brian up to deliver the hammer...

The hammer arrives before the day is out.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Be careful spewing that bullshit. 2006 is also the year that LT rushed for over 1800 yards and 28 rushing TD's.

Rivers stats in 06

92 QBR, 61.7 completion percentage, 3388 yards, 22 tds and 9 interceptions. Those are not exactly top flight numbers. In fact those numbers look eerily similar to Flacco's numbers his entire career.

None of the above is an endorsement for Cam's ability to develop a QB.
    Boom! Roasted. Good reply. Nobody disputes that Cam Cameron can execute a successful RUSHING offense, particularly when handed the best RB of the past decade and the monster OL the Chargers had in 2006 (McNeill, Dielman, Hardwick, and Goff were all amazing that year, 2 of them were Pro Bowlers and Dielman is one of the most underrated players of the past few years.)

You might want to go back and actually look at Brees' and Rivers' passing statistics under Cam. Prolific, highly efficient passing attacks are just not Cam's thing--never have been, never will be.

Blog Entries

I would not be shocked to see Flacco franchised and a QB drafted in the first 3 rounds. Then in 2014 they look at all the players they have at the position and pick 1.