Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: A couple big things: the power outage and the 4th & Goal no-holding call

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreravengirl View Post
    No offense, but this statement is laughable coming from a Pats fan.
    I don't cry about officiating because I know we get calls our way. However, everytime I try to listen to talk radio after a Ravens game, it's fans complaining about refs cheating them.

There were so many blatant calls that didn't get called. That PI that didn't get called aside, the most blatant one was this. That 49er was getting mugged right at the point of attack:

^ What exactly are we supposed to see here?

And by the way, "you seemed to get all the calls your way on this run" is the bitterest congrats I have heard yet. Not sure if I should have expected better.

Please name all the pro-Ravens egregious calls that gave us this Super Bowl win.

Please tell us how sitting in a dark stadium for 30 minutes after we had gained all momentum was a call that went our way.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    ^ What exactly are we supposed to see here?

And by the way, "you seemed to get all the calls your way on this run" is the bitterest congrats I have heard yet. Not sure if I should have expected better.

Please name all the pro-Ravens egregious calls that gave us this Super Bowl win.

Please tell us how sitting in a dark stadium for 30 minutes after we had gained all momentum was a call that went our way.
    You don't see the two Raven holding the 49er player? One guys' arms are wrapped around him. It was evident on live tv.

Noting bittersweet about the congrats. When the Pats won in 2001, we got all the calls our way and got away with mugging the crap out of the Rams in the SB.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan in MD View Post
    YOu guys were definitely a team of destiny. You guys seemed to get all the calls your way on this run.
    If you can't admit that the Ravens won because they played better football, you're just another Masshole, even if you live in MD.

About the officiating

Most of the analyst agreed that during the Super Bowl certain calls that get called during the season don't get called in the Super Bowl because the refs want as little of the game decided by them as possible.

Marshall Faulk brought up a good point that the officiating was consistent, they let the DB's from both teams get physical and as a WR it's your job to make an adjustment to being touched for the first time seemingly all year.

A holding on a kick return......really? It's like calling a holding on the OL, you could call one every play if you wanted.

When the Pats won in 2001, we got all the calls our way and got away with mugging the crap out of the Rams in the SB.
    I again ask you to name all the egregious pro-Ravens calls that got us this Super Bowl win. Since you keep harping on this, you must be able to name a few off the top of your head. They sound fresh in your mind. And yes, you sound bitterly eager to downplay/smirk at the win in any way you can.

And that looks like a front-and-side block to me on the kickoff.

Blog Entries

I'll say this, Cary Williams was hella lucky to be on that field the whole game. Should have been booted after pushing the ref.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    If you can't admit that the Ravens won because they played better football, you're just another Masshole, even if you live in MD.
    Never said you guys didn't play great football though.

Never said you guys didn't play great football though.
    You didn't actually say it either. You came in and smirked at the win with some side-jab about "calls."

Blog Entries

Take a hike Patsfan or hop on the Ravens bandwagon like you folk know all about doing, your team hasn't won a SB since filing defensive hand signals, cheats.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Take a hike Patsfan or hop on the Ravens bandwagon like you folk know all about doing, your team hasn't won a SB since filing defensive hand signals, cheats.
    LOL. Don't get defensive man. You should be happy your team just won.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    You didn't actually say it either. You came in and smirked at the win with some side-jab about "calls."
    You guys did play great football. Flacco was the best QB this postseason and it's not even close.