Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2014 Mock Draft - Wicked's Second Edition (Lots of Changes)

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Barrett Jones was listed as the Rams 3rd string center on the depth chart on their official website.

He may turn out to be a solid player, but I can't remember too many more hyped players by casual fans than he was.

There was a fan here who was insisting on us taking him in the first round because there was no way in his opinion that he'd have lasted until our 2nd round pick.

He's an athletically limited player. I never understood the notion that some had of him playing LT either...college awards have zero bearing on NFL potential.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Thats what Alabama does for you.

Greg Cosell compared him to Marshall Yanda, so who knows? Personally, I didn't see the nasty streak in Jones that Yanda has.

FWIW, I always thought Jones would be a solid/average center in this league which is better than what we got here this year so he definitely has a spot in this league.

I just thought some of the hype was a little over the top in the spring...not only did some posters suggest that we pick him in the first round, but some were really buying into the "he can play LT" talk based on his Remington award.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Oh, and I appreciate the second round mock Wicked.

It's hard enough to do the first! Lmao

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I am a huge fan of Yankey.
    I wouldn't be a Yankee fan if you paid me! Oh, what's that? Yeah wicked I gotcha now. I do like the two offensive players you've mocked. The Ravens do need a top-notch WR and Oline help. Aside : thanks for putting in so much time into making a mock draft so early. I usually don't get deeply involved until March. Your effort is appreciated... Bc

Cool Re: 2014 Mock Draft - Wicked's Second Edition (Lots of Changes)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I am a huge fan of Yankey. I think he is someone the a Ravens would gravitate towards as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like Yankey a great deal too. I just don't know if he'll last that late in the 2nd round. However, if he does not, a consolation prize of either Gabe Jackson or Greg Robinson (the OT from Auburn who's name I couldn't remember) would work just fine for me. Any of these 3 in the 2nd round would add some serious run blocking and nasty attitude that the OL definitely needs!

And if Evans is gone when we pick, we can always go for a OT/G in the 1st instead and go for either Matthews or Robinson in the 2nd.

This draft will have some incredible offensive talent this year. It's going to be fun!

Nice, Wicked.
    Thoughts about the kid from Marshall, Gator Hoskins? Listed as a TE, but only 6'2" 245lb. He did, however, lead the NCAA TE's in TD catches, I believe.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee414 View Post
    Nice, Wicked.
    Thoughts about the kid from Marshall, Gator Hoskins? Listed as a TE, but only 6'2" 245lb. He did, however, lead the NCAA TE's in TD catches, I believe.
    Maybe as a late rounder. Believe it or not, I actually know who this guy is and caught a few Marshall games this year. Their QB is pretty good, but he is very small.

His skill set is similar to Jusczyzck...not sure they'd go for another tweeter when they can't even figure out how to use the one already on the team.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

2014 Mock Draft - Wicked's Second Edition (Lots of Changes)

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    I like Yankey a great deal too. I just don't know if he'll last that late in the 2nd round. However, if he does not, a consolation prize of either Gabe Jackson or Greg Robinson (the OT from Auburn who's name I couldn't remember) would work just fine for me. Any of these 3 in the 2nd round would add some serious run blocking and nasty attitude that the OL definitely needs!

And if Evans is gone when we pick, we can always go for a OT/G in the 1st instead and go for either Matthews or Robinson in the 2nd.

This draft will have some incredible offensive talent this year. It's going to be fun!
    This draft is pretty much all offensive talent. Couldnt have come at a better time for Baltimore.

Last edited by wickedsolo; 12-28-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Did you mean to say couldn't have come at a better time for Baltimore?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Did you mean to say couldn't have come at a better time for Baltimore?
    Yes.

Cool mock draft but If Lee and Evans were both available during the time the ravens pick then Lee would be a better choice in my opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    Cool mock draft but If Lee and Evans were both available during the time the ravens pick then Lee would be a better choice in my opinion.
    Lee is a hell of a player. His knee injury concerns me.

That said, you can't coach size. Evans knows how to use his body. I don't see Lee turning into a legitimate #1 in the NFL (though I think he will be very good). I see Evans having that upside to be a Julio Jones or a Marques Colston type of player.