Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: RSR Mock Draft 2.0 - Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Cant say Joeckel would be a wasted pick. He is arguably the best player in this draft.

I like Floyd. Dont know that he is a great fit for a 3-4 defense, but he has to be better than Jackson.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Should have worded it better. Not a 'wasted pick', but I don't think drafting a RT with the 1st overall pick is the best decision
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Titans looking to trade back... PM for details.

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Should have worded it better. Not a 'wasted pick', but I don't think drafting a RT with the 1st overall pick is the best decision
    Well, I think the expectation is that Joeckel would play RT in 2013 only, and kick over to LT in 2014. Given Albert's injury history he may be called on to fill in at LT at times in 2013 as well. Locking down LT long-term is always a good idea and the Chiefs may feel that Joeckel may need a year at RT before he kicks over to the other side.

I really think the Chiefs are hoping to trade down, though. They're hoping that someone covets Joeckel, Floyd, or Dion Jordan enough to jump up to #1 overall. I'm not really sure who would do that, so I don't know how good of a strategy that is... but then, I really don't know what the Chiefs are doing at all. They're going to be very bad next year.

Blog Entries

Perspective is everything in this instance.

Yes, Joeckel would probably be a RT this season. Branden Albert has made it quite clear that he plans on being a LT and that's that. If the Chiefs were to move him to the right side, they would potentially have a major locker room/attitude issue on their hands and I don't think that is something Andy Reid wants in his first season with KC.

However, after this season, I think they will know enough about Joeckel to determine whether or not he can be their LT for the future, or if they need to keep Albert. I can't see any way why they would need to keep Albert over Joeckel in 2014 to play LT. So, in that regard I think Joeckel is the best option for them. If - and only if - because their QB situation (even with Alex Smith) is going to be shaky for a few seasons. They might as well solidify their OL while they can.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Titans looking to trade back... PM for details.
    Are we doing trades?

Are we doing trades?
    As long as we can have a way to assess the value I'm fine with it
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Are we doing trades?
    Idk, I figured we could. If not, not a big deal.

Blog Entries

As long as we can have a way to assess the value I'm fine with it
    So basically trades are ok as long as it is equivalent value...i.e. no trading a top 10 pick in round 1 for a 5th rounder and a 6-pack of rolling rock.

I would also like to suggest no trades with yourself...

So basically trades are ok as long as it is equivalent value...i.e. no trading a top 10 pick in round 1 for a 5th rounder and a 6-pack of rolling rock.

I would also like to suggest no trades with yourself...

We could agree to go off the points system (can't remember the name). It's just a systematic way of doing it
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

I picked Dee Milliner for Jax because of a number of reasons, and you may frown at choosing a CB that high.

This draft class is not very top heavy, and Jax had the one of the worst core of CBs in the league last season. They need serious help back there, and Gus as we all know loves his big physical corners which is what Milliner is. IMO Milliner is the best player in this draft class, so it also counts as BPA.

Blog Entries

I am confident trades can work in this one with the guys we have running it.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I picked Dee Milliner for Jax because of a number of reasons, and you may frown at choosing a CB that high.

This draft class is not very top heavy, and Jax had the one of the worst core of CBs in the league last season. They need serious help back there, and Gus as we all know loves his big physical corners which is what Milliner is. IMO Milliner is the best player in this draft class, so it also counts as BPA.
    Dee Milliner is a pretty good pick. I would say it's between Milliner and Joeckel for the Jags. Shariff Floyd was probably #1 on their big board but he's gone, so either of those two make sense. If they didn't have Eugene Monroe playing at a pretty high level at LT Joeckel would be a no-brainer, and he could still be an option as Monroe is a FA in 2014.

The Jaguars have a really bad roster. They have no CBs at all, their OL is garbage outside of Monroe, they have no QB, and they had the least sacks in the NFL last year. What a miserable team.