Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Billick:12th man needed

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Ok - I promise to go hoarse again, although I will also pace myself to have something left for the 4th quarter.

... but I don't get your thread title. 6th man
    My fault,I fixed it,I guess I had my mind on basketball for some reason when I made the title,I was reading some Iverson article before so I guess that is what it was.

Edit: looks like it isnt saving the change,if a mod can fix this go ahead.
    Last edited by 52decleetzu; 12-12-2006 at 03:46 PM.

Re: Billick:12th man needed

Quote Originally Posted by AZRAVEN View Post
    That kind of irks me with Billick, this calling the fans out all the time. If the team did it's job as well as the fans for all four quarters we'd probably be undefeated. He lets them coast for half a game and then get going. Just concentrate on the team Brian the fans know what the hell they are supposed to do and they do it very well!

He isnt "calling the fans out" he just wants us to make sure we are as loud as possible,what is so hard to comprehend about that?
    Last edited by 52decleetzu; 12-12-2006 at 03:47 PM.

Re: Billick:6th man needed

I'm not 1 of the fans he's "calling out" & I have been a fan who has backed Billick thru good & bad. I'm not reading too much into it, I'm just calling it like I read it. Billick doesn't do anything without a purpose behind it. I will be there on Sunday, cheering for my team & going home hoarse as always. Hopefully the idiots who tell me to sit down won't be acting stupid this week.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Billick, perhaps wisely, might see this as a classic trap game and wants the fans to get into it from the start. I certainly don't have a problem with that message. The more noise the crowd makes, the more the team will get into the game, and the less likely the team will overlook a bad Browns team at home.

I agree, I'm not trying to be negative, although a few of my friends here seem to think so. If you read my 1st post, I said Billick is probably worried about the fans taking it easy since we're playing the Browns & he wants it loud. I have no problem with that, but I already know what my job is on Sunday. I think the fans are ready, I know my group is.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hurting View Post
    First Billick did not call us out. Did you hear the entire conversation? During the first minute of the interview he praised our fans and said he thinks we are just as loud and passionate as the almighty Cheifs fans.

He also said the Stealers game this year was the loudest he has ever heard it. He then went on to say that he hopes it is that loud for the rest of the season. So, if you think him saying that he wants it that loud for the rest of the season is calling us out, then so be it. He was also asked if there are times when it is not as loud as he would like and he answered truthfully yes. He said something to the effect of "One fan in the stand says to himself ‘I am a little spent now let the guy next to me cheer now’" and the level goes down. He also said there are sometimes ebbs and flows to the volume, and that it is a crowd mentality, but that is expected.

I will tell you this. There was a huge difference between the Falcons game and the Ravens game this year. The stadium was very subdued during the Falcons game.

Billick said he is very pleased with the fans and he expects us to keep it up. He was just reiterating what we all already know. The fans when loud can have an impact on the game. He credit the fans with all of the sacks the team had on Big Ben and wants to see more of that in the final home games.

I think our fans have come a long way in the past 8 years in the stadium, but I think they need to be reminded every once in a while.

For example you should try to be quiet when the Ravens are on offense. That way the line can hear the calls and the snap count. There are times when the fans forget that. Also you don’t have to wait for 3rd down to yell. You should yell the entire time the opponent is on offense. (just my opinion and I know what they say about opinions)

Well said!!

If I can find the right tickets to the Browns game, I'll certainly be screaming my head off.

Billick probably remembers last season when the Ravens played Cleveland at home week 3 and a lot of the "great" Ravens fans stayed home for some reason.

Wait a minute!!! I also heard Billick today but it was on 1300AM. He was in no way, shape or form calling out the fans. The story he told was that his daughter came up to him after the game and said that we were louder at the Steelers game then the Chief fans were against us. He said we were unbelievably loud the last couple of home games and wants us, the fans, to continue that for the rest of the year so people start saying that they don't want to go into Baltimore to play the Ravens because it is too damn loud.

You Billick bashers on this thread are just amazing! AZRAVEN is being critical to the coach of a 10-3 playoff bound team. Wow...hate to be your kids if they bring home a B or something!

My first question would be, "How does AZRAVEN get irked by Billick's request when he doesn't attend home games?":grbac:

I personally will be there Sunday and I'm gonna scream until my lungs bleed if necessary...I love it when the coach of my beloved Ravens challenges me to be better than I was the last game...

Lord Billick isn't some cupcake creampuff like Marchiabroda...He acknowledges us as a part of the team and expects us to perform according to the parameters and schematics of the defense...:D

He's a coach and wants to control his environment and get any possible advantage. That is why he reminds us to be loud, Just as he reminds his players of the fundamentals, he reminds the fans of their "fundamentals" as well. Because when M&T gets loud, it gets LOUD!

Putting a team at first and 15 because of a false start gives Rex and our D an unfair edge. Even though it is near impossible to sustain that level of noise the whole game I don't fault Billick for encouraging the fans to try.

Billick is just getting all of us ready. He know how to talk and to get things started.