Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: Is there ANYTHING Joe Flacco can do to convince the world he's a truly great player?

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    It's clear to me that people just hate on Flacco for no apparent reason. I had an argument before the Denver game in my office about Flacco. I stated that he's a clutch QB and just wins while citing all his playoff stats from the past 2 years. People basically laughed at me. Then, Flacco goes on this historic record breaking playoff run culminating with a SB MVP trophy. I don't get what Flacco has to do to prove that he's a really good QB.
    I get the impression that Joe could throw 40 TD's on 20 attempts and some people on this board and around town would want Troy Smith or Tyrod Taylor to be the starter.

Re: Is there ANYTHING Joe Flacco can do to convince the world he's a truly great player?

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Listening to the Norris and Davis show this morning made me ill. People actually were calling in saying take the 2 1st round picks because Flacco isn't that good, and put Tyrod Taylor in there and run the pistol. I'm dead serious.

It is amazing to me that after over a decade of absolute suck at the QB position, we have our long term WINNING franchise QB who should have had two rings by now, and people are ready to ditch him because he hasn't thrown for 4,000 yards yet.
    LMFAO! Do fans really think Super Bowl MVP QBs grow on trees?!? I have one word for these Ravens fans who say Let Joe Walk:

Scottmitchellstoneycasetonybankstrentdilferelvisgrbacchrisredmankylebolleranthonywrightjeffblakestevemcnairtroysmith

Please to be identifying the Super Bowl MVPs among that dung heap. I'll wait....

Quote Originally Posted by BMann View Post
    LMFAO! Do fans really think Super Bowl MVP QBs grow on trees?!? I have one word for these Ravens fans who say Let Joe Walk:

Scottmitchellstoneycasetonybankstrentdilferelvisgrbacchrisredmankylebolleranthonywrightjeffblakestevemcnairtroysmith

Please to be identifying the Super Bowl MVPs among that dung heap. I'll wait....
    Let's not forget before them:

vinnytesteverdeericzeirjimharbaugh

I don't know about everybody else in Baltimore, but this is the QB we have been wishing for for the past 17 years. The only way to get people to realize how good he is, is for him to play somewhere else. What I mean is that so many national media reporters don't acknowledge any success that Baltimore teams exhibit. There were media people that didn't like Cal Ripken breaking 2131 consecutive games. Ray Lewis has a great career in Baltimore and all a lot of these media types focus on is over a decade old, but never mention anything that Roethlisberger did within 5 years. Donte Stallworth wasn't even with the team with the tragedy he caused, but the Ravens give him a second chance and we're the bad guys, he plays in Washington the next year and not even a peep. It's not right, but it is what it is. Ray Rice should take his anti-bullying campaign to ESPN.

As for the local people who want Joe out the door, they don't remember when the Ravens drafted Derek Anderson then cut him and he signs with the Browns and goes to the Pro-Bowl. That was like someone ripping your arm off and then beating you with it. Derek didn't do anything the next year, but if he had we all would be bitching about how we had our QB and let him slip through our fingers. Well, that is what we will be doing for the next 10 years if we let Joe slip away. We have a SB winning QB, why would you want to give him the bum's rush out of town? I know the Ravens did that with Trent Dilfer, but Joe Flacco is a much better QB.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I think you're confusing two issues.

e.

Let's say Joe says he wants $22 Million a year and won't budge. I'd fly to Bmore and pack his bags for him. Not because I think he's a bad QB, but because such a deal would cash strap the team to mediocrity.
    You're operating under the assumption that paying $22 million a year will drive this team into mediocrity, which I don't see as the case. I see not paying him and having to go in 2013 with a Ryan Fitzpatrick/Alex Smith/rookie as far more likely to push in that direction. This 2013 team is already shaping up to be offense-driven. Expecting our defense to be the dominating type of the past---one that could still produce great results even with an Alex Smith type QB---is unrealistic given the imminent turnover on D.

Quote Originally Posted by BMann View Post

True, true. You know, Joe Flacco is just the 20th quarterback ever to win the Super Bowl MVP award. The list is as follows (* denotes Hall of Fame, # in parentheses means they won it multiple times):

1. Bart Starr* (2)
    2. Joe Namath*
    3. Len Dawson*
    4. Roger Staubach*
    5. Terry Bradshaw* (2)
    6. Jim Plunkett
    7. Joe Montana* (3)
    8. Phil Simms
    9. Doug Williams
    10. Mark Rypien
    11. Troy Aikman*
    12. Steve Young*
    13. John Elway*
    14. Kurt Warner
    15. Tom Brady (2)
    16. Peyton Manning
    17. Eli Manning (2)
    18. Drew Brees
    19. Aaron Rodgers
    20. Joe Flacco

Almost all of these guys are Hall of Famers, with the exception of Jim Plunkett, Phil Simms, Doug Williams, and Mark Rypien. Kurt Warner, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees are absolute 100% locks once they're eligible. Aaron Rodgers will almost certainly be if he has even just a few more years with the kind of success he has had so far. Eli Manning is certainly in the conversation. I believe he's already cemented himself, but not everybody agrees. Point being, any QB who earns a Super Bowl MVP award is in some extremely pleasant and exclusive company!

Listening to the Norris and Davis show this morning made me ill. People actually were calling in saying take the 2 1st round picks because Flacco isn't that good, and put Tyrod Taylor in there and run the pistol. I'm dead serious.

It is amazing to me that after over a decade of absolute suck at the QB position, we have our long term WINNING franchise QB who should have had two rings by now, and people are ready to ditch him because he hasn't thrown for 4,000 yards yet.
    Ppl are flat out idiots. That's all I can say. I filter them out of my consciousness.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Don't let 'em get to ya. These are probably the same people planning on winning the lottery as their retirement plan.

Blog Entries

Steve Bisciotti already referred to this idea that paying Joe Flacco mega-bucks will cripple their ability to build a team around him, a "crock". What evidence is there that paying Joe Flacco 20 million per year would hinder them significantly?

Did it stop the Patriots from winning division title after division title, even after they got caught cheating? Did it stop Peyton Manning from all of those consecutive 12 win seasons? Would the Saints have even won the Super Bowl without Drew Brees?

You aren't winning a SB in this era without a high quality QB. Pay him. Draft well, that's what Ozzie does. Keep it moving.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

People calling in to voice their opinions, wonder what they really know and who spends the day calling in to radio shows. How many people on Russell Street Report do that? I don't listen to any sports show or even know who has a sports show. People making money doing sports shows are like rush limbaugh aren't they. Rating and people voicing crazy statements make those shows popular I guess. Joe's going to get paid big by the Ravens and then the haters will have more shit to spew. I love it. Joe has earned his money and the haters are in denial because they wanted him to fail. Didn't happen , Ravens win the SB behind Flacco and have a very bright future with Flacco. Haters also hate that,knowing the Ravens wil be dominate for years to come.

Blog Entries

this is why when people point me to 105.7 instead of ESPN radio i just laugh. ESPN is horrible, but theres something worse to me about actual fans throwing out this nonsense.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I flipped on 105.7 yesterday on my way home from work (dumb move I know). The first thing I hear is some idiot caller saying to sign Flacco to a deal (only smart comment he made), but then he wanted to sit Flacco on obvious run downs and have another QB who just came in the game for run plays. Then, bring Flacco in for passes. It was quite possibly the dumbest thing I've heard.