Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Two Minutes Left, 80 yards to go. Who Do you Trust More?

We're down by four with two minutes left in the AFCCG. Joe Flacco and the offense take the field to attempt to make history. Has Joe Flacco shown you his ability to be clutch enough? Are you comfortable with him out there? Do you believe in him but have a feeling that his teammates are going to drop the ball (literally)? Of course we've seen him drive longer against a much better D to win a huge game but this is the second biggest stage of all.

We're up by four with two minutes left in the AFCCG. Ray Lewis and the defense take the field to attempt to make history. Has Pagano made you believe in our D's ability to close out games? Are you having flashbacks to Atlanta? Do you believe that Tom Brady can be stopped from getting ten yards in four plays, or will we have to force a turnover somehow? Do defenses really win championships?

Who do you trust more? What would you feel more comfortable with or have less nerves watching? For me, this is actually a really tough question. You would want to be in the lead because that means you obviously have a better chance at winning but the NFL is now built for game winning drives to be rarely thwarted (See last weeks 3 game winning drives in the SF/NO game). I am actually really confident in Flacco's ability to run the offense in a two minute situation. I've seen him run it pretty successfully over the years (2010 @ PIT, 2009 @ NE, 2010 @ ATL, 2011 @ PIT). On the other hand, I really do have a hard time trusting that guys like Dickson and Torrey can hold onto the ball in the biggest moments. In the end, I have to say I would feel more comfortable with the offense taking the field with a chance to win because the Pats D is obviously their weak link and the league has been skewed for offenses to succeed.

What's your take?

Re: Two Minutes Left, 80 yards to go. Who Do you Trust More?

Really good question. Obviously I would rather have the lead but, I actually believe that the offense would have an easier time driving the feild on New Englands defense than the Ravens defense stopping Brady in that situation.

Blog Entries

Personally I'd rather be up because I think there is a lot more room for error when you're on offense.

I mean, a receiver could just flat out drop a game winning TD pass.

I'd rather be up and have the D on the field.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I was talking to my son about this last night and I told him I think in today's NFL, it may be an advantage to be behind in this situation rather than having the lead. As crazy as that sounds, it just seems easier for teams to score in the final minute of a game as opposed to holding the lead.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I also think it depends on the situation.

If you're behind by a FG or less, then I'd say I would probably rather give the ball to Joe because he has proven that he can drive the field when the game is on the line and the Pats' D isn't the Steelers' D.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I was talking to my son about this last night and I told him I think in today's NFL, it may be an advantage to be behind in this situation rather than having the lead. As crazy as that sounds, it just seems easier for teams to score in the final minute of a game as opposed to holding the lead.
    That is my thinking. Although we all would like the lead.

7. Re: Two Minutes Left, 80 yards to go. Who Do you Trust More?

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    We're down by four with two minutes left in the AFCCG. Joe Flacco and the offense take the field to attempt to make history. Has Joe Flacco shown you his ability to be clutch enough? Are you comfortable with him out there? Do you believe in him but have a feeling that his teammates are going to drop the ball (literally)? Of course we've seen him drive longer against a much better D to win a huge game but this is the second biggest stage of all.

We're up by four with two minutes left in the AFCCG. Ray Lewis and the defense take the field to attempt to make history. Has Pagano made you believe in our D's ability to close out games? Are you having flashbacks to Atlanta? Do you believe that Tom Brady can be stopped from getting ten yards in four plays, or will we have to force a turnover somehow? Do defenses really win championships?

Who do you trust more? What would you feel more comfortable with or have less nerves watching? For me, this is actually a really tough question. You would want to be in the lead because that means you obviously have a better chance at winning but the NFL is now built for game winning drives to be rarely thwarted (See last weeks 3 game winning drives in the SF/NO game). I am actually really confident in Flacco's ability to run the offense in a two minute situation. I've seen him run it pretty successfully over the years (2010 @ PIT, 2009 @ NE, 2010 @ ATL, 2011 @ PIT). On the other hand, I really do have a hard time trusting that guys like Dickson and Torrey can hold onto the ball in the biggest moments. In the end, I have to say I would feel more comfortable with the offense taking the field with a chance to win because the Pats D is obviously their weak link and the league has been skewed for offenses to succeed.

What's your take?
    I couldn't agree with you more! I like Flacco's command of the offense during the hurry-up/two minute drill. I have wished we'd run the two minute drill more often during the game when we are down by a TD..

If the difference is by 3 or 2 I think it's a no brainer that you want the offense on the field, but it really is a tricky question when you need a TD.

Not trolling here, but I'm suprised this isn't a no brainer.....with everything on the line you wouldn't rather have it in the hands of Ray Lewis, Ed Reed and the D ? They are the backbone and heart of this team.

What's your take?
    Great question! I've not thought about this before. But you know what? I love our D and we are stacked with Pro Bowlers and future HOF's, but I give the ball to Flacco and tell him to go get us 6!

Quote Originally Posted by DBK11 View Post
    Not trolling here, but I'm suprised this isn't a no brainer.....with everything on the line you wouldn't rather have it in the hands of Ray Lewis, Ed Reed and the D ? They are the backbone and heart of this team.
    I think the responses more reflect the degree of difficulty for each situation in respect to the NFL game nowadays. Of course our Defense has more talented players, but it's nearly impossible to stop an offense from at least getting down to the red zone with four downs to work with. It's even harder when the other team's QB is arguably the best of all time.

I think the responses more reflect the degree of difficulty for each situation in respect to the NFL game nowadays. Of course our Defense has more talented players, but it's nearly impossible to stop an offense from at least getting down to the red zone with four downs to work with. It's even harder when the other team's QB is arguably the best of all time.
    Fair enough.....I can see that side, but in the end I think I would want my best players in control of things.