Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: Suggs on Track for Return This Season

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Yeah, it's gotten uglier than a Gebco commercial.
    Oh don't worry. He's ready to get his ugly on in another Joe Flacco versus Matt Ryan thread he started last night

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Oh don't worry. He's ready to get his ugly on in another Joe Flacco versus Matt Ryan thread he started last night
    It's coming back to me why I left Sunspot.

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    It's coming back to me why I left Sunspot.
    So he is from the sunspot. I knew he was a familiar name:)

Blog Entries

I would love to see Suggs be able to come back sooner rather than later, but the main thing is that he should be back and in good playing shape by late December at the latest. The Ravens are probably going to get into the playoffs, and might even win the AFC North even without Suggs. The Ravens are going to really need him against some of the better OL in the playoffs though. I am sure that Suggs wants to try and come back Week 7, but the Ravens will most likely be very cautious with him. The Ravens are pretty good about not rushing players back from injury too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    II am sure that Suggs wants to try and come back Week 7, but the Ravens will most likely be very cautious with him. The Ravens are pretty good about not rushing players back from injury too soon.
    Even if healthy enough to do so, I highly doubt he will be ready - football ready - to play at that point. I would expect that he'll take the full 3 weeks to get in shape and into "football" shape.

It may even take a little longer, in which case, they will have to release somone in order to make room on the 53-man roster. He may be there for a couple of weeks, even though he may not yet be ready to play.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Much like the arguing in the politics forum about electoral polling (which doesn't make any sense to me because you'll find out who wins when they hold the election), I don't understand why people are arguing about the time-frame for Suggs' return. He returns when he returns, in the meantime it's all speculation which seems completely asinine and beside the actual points.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Much like the arguing in the politics forum about electoral polling (which doesn't make any sense to me because you'll find out who wins when they hold the election), I don't understand why people are arguing about the time-frame for Suggs' return. He returns when he returns, in the meantime it's all speculation which seems completely asinine and beside the actual points.
    Really? Why be a fan then? I mean if the team wins, it wins, if it loses, they lose. Part of the fun is talking about it. I think his return timetable is a HUGE thing in terms of what it would mean to the team's defense. There are 50 threads on here I don't chime in on because I am not interested.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Really? Why be a fan then? I mean if the team wins, it wins, if it loses, they lose. Part of the fun is talking about it. I think his return timetable is a HUGE thing in terms of what it would mean to the team's defense. There are 50 threads on here I don't chime in on because I am not interested.
    Why be a fan if you don't want to argue over speculative viewpoints about how long a player's achilles injury will hold him out? Really? None of you now how long he'll be out, yet people are making statements and arguing about a timetable for return. He's out. It'll be great when he gets back. Yay. Woo. Yet here people are arguing like they know a truth. It's comical.

If a team wins it wins or if a team loses then it loses. Nothing we do or say changes that, so I fail to understand how you made the leap to 'Why be a fan'.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Why be a fan if you don't want to argue over speculative viewpoints about how long a player's achilles injury will hold him out? Really? None of you now how long he'll be out, yet people are making statements and arguing about a timetable for return. He's out. It'll be great when he gets back. Yay. Woo. Yet here people are arguing like they know a truth. It's comical.

If a team wins it wins or if a team loses then it loses. Nothing we do or say changes that, so I fail to understand how you made the leap to 'Why be a fan'.
    :grbac:

Maybe his question should have been why even talk about how they won or lost and what they can do next time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    For you and everyone else too lazy to read the entire thread...

6.5 months would be a minor miracle, especially with a pass rusher who has to push off on that leg to create pressure. How many soccer or hockey players need to drive through a 350lb tackle?
    No offense but you've obviously never played either. Both of which are far far more exerting than the 4 seconds Suggs is rushing the passer, even pushing a 350lb OT for that 4 seconds, which he doesn't. Football is really a hair above baseball as far as physical effort. Put them on the ice and Ovechkin and Co would make them look retarded. Even the mighty god that is Ray Lewis, if he could skate which I dunno if he can or not would be smoked even going through "drills".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    :grbac:

Maybe his question should have been why even talk about how they won or lost and what they can do next time.
    :word

I find it hard to believe that the recovery time for a partial tear vs a full rupture, surgery or no surgery, would be the same. There is no way that the procedure is the same for both injuries.

If I'm wrong, somebody please correct me and post a link to the information.