Page 24 of 333 FirstFirst ... 2223242526 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    We don't have Jim Harbaugh him to design an O that Alex Smith can run efficiently.
    I would love to get Chip Kelly as the new HC.

2. Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Yes, I agree. Flacco isn't even worth the tag, it'll just screw us for next season. I don't think you're going to get much more out of Flacco, the guy will be 28 in January. I don't know what they do, it's very disheartening. The defense has gone to hell and a lot of the guys that are getting these big pay days are either over the hill or not playing up to it. I truly believe they have many tough decisions. The front 7 lacks speed, that HAS to change. Cary Williams should be gone. Today sealed it for me, he's just average and gets owned by precise route runners and he gave up on a play today which he's done throughout the season. Ellerbe and Kruger are two players I like, but I'd only bring them back for a deal that is worth their value. The OL is in shambles too...

Going to be a long offseason...

You can bring in ANY QB you want but unless you fix the Oline and fix the Dline they are not going to be successful

Yea its a QB driven league but at the end of the day the game is still won and lost in the trenches. No matter how much the game changes that remains a constant. You can get away with so-so but right now both of our lines are just poor IMO.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    You can bring in ANY QB you want but unless you fix the Oline and fix the Dline they are not going to be successful

Yea its a QB driven league but at the end of the day the game is still won and lost in the trenches. No matter how much the game changes that remains a constant. You can get away with so-so but right now both of our lines are just poor IMO.
    And how do you pay Flacco and pay to fix those lines with no cap space?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    What's the plan if an average QB is eating up all of the cap room and makes it impossible for us to improve the team player wise? I am thinking either draft a QB in the second round, and maybe make a play for Alex Smith, who will be a lot cheaper than Flacco.
    Alex Smith is trash that Jim Harbaugh made into something vaguely resembling treasure. He's not an upgrade over Flacco at all.

Seriously, there are no FA QBs who are an upgrade over Flacco. Smith? Vick??? Jason Campbell???? No thanks...

Now, here's a thought: if the Seahawks want to cut bait with Matt Flynn and we can pry a new OC off the Packers' coaching staff, like their QB coach Ben McAdoo, or possibly Karl Dorrell out of Houston (as they run a similar WCO), then Matt Flynn might be the best trade bait.

6. Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

The drafts lately haven't been too stellar either...

I dont really see a viable option that makes us a better team so imo they'll have to franchise Joe, that is probably gonna put some vets on the chopping block to clear space to improve the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    The drafts lately haven't been too stellar either...
    I thought last years draft was pretty solid.

The previous 2 however were not very good and the 2010 draft in particular was awful considering the amount of picks we had and the high quality of the draft in terms of depth and quality.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I thought last years draft was pretty solid.

The previous 2 however were not very good and the 2010 draft in particular was awful considering the amount of picks we had and the high quality of the draft in terms of depth and quality.
    Given our recent (2-3 years) draft history, I am not optimistic we can put together the kind of draft we so desperately need.

10. Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Besides a few players here and there, I don't think the drafting's been too great since 08/09. Just my opinion, I know some will disagree. Obviously there's been injuries too and the whole Kindle situation as well. I'd like to see them really get back to playing elite defense. That may be Joe's biggest advantage if we plan on keeping him. Just me though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Alex Smith is trash that Jim Harbaugh made into something vaguely resembling treasure. He's not an upgrade over Flacco at all.

Seriously, there are no FA QBs who are an upgrade over Flacco. Smith? Vick??? Jason Campbell???? No thanks...

Now, here's a thought: if the Seahawks want to cut bait with Matt Flynn and we can pry a new OC off the Packers' coaching staff, like their QB coach Ben McAdoo, or possibly Karl Dorrell out of Houston (as they run a similar WCO), then Matt Flynn might be the best trade bait.
    He didn't say he was. His point goes back to Flacco believing he is elite. How many resources do you devote to a player that is not capable of putting the team on his shoulders consistently enough to win without having a team stacked with talent? Do you break the bank for an average player and risk losing talent elsewhere or do you find another cheaper but less effective average player and keep the talent in other spots? That's the question. I don't know how valid it is but you have to consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Haloti can't do much when he's surrounded by undrafted players and Terrence Cody. Suggs will be back strong next year, and will hopefully get healthy.
    I read somewhere that if he doesn't get the surgery to repair the biceps, it will never heal 100%.

If that is true, they need to just sit him for the rest of the season and let him heal up.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.