Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: And here we go again... when will the media learn.

In season power rankings are a joke. Preseason ones are just absurd. The best you can hope to do is say these teams are expected to be good and these teams bad. Even that can be a crap shoot.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    In season power rankings are a joke. Preseason ones are just absurd. The best you can hope to do is say these teams are expected to be good and these teams bad. Even that can be a crap shoot.
    Exactly. Who can predict which guys will step up & which will flame out.

This stuff is all part of the "those eeeebil murdering Ravens are gonna get theirs this year!" narrative which gets eaten up by Squealer fans, Brownstains fans, Orange Tabbies fans, Belicheat fans, FartyWhiners fans...& when you count all their bandwagoners, that's a pretty fair hunk of the NFL fan base. And folks never tire of being told that something they want to happen is in fact going to happen--whether it has a chance in hell of happening or not.

Bottom line: Bulletin board material. (Not absorbent or water-degradable enough for the use it really deserves, sfortunamente...)

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Elliot Harrison is one of the biggest Ravens haters out there, I wouldn't buy too much into this, I think most of the media have been complimentary about us after how we replaced what we lost and perhaps got better through the draft etc... Harrison is almost as bad as Heath Evans when it comes to the Ravens. In almost every article/power ranking I've seen him do, he's somehow had the Ravens ranked lower than most think they should be.
    He's just bitter about his Cowboys.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Blog Entries
    And the broncos were "unbeatable" last year until the ravens ruined their party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm....there are quite a few teams in that top 10 that haven't proven a damn thing yet in the playoffs.

We'll see, I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    They actually have us trending downward after the draft? Seriously. WTF? Idiots. But we knew that... They just seem to prove it time and time again though.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...2013-nfl-draft
    Well, if you didn't like that one, you won't like this one either...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...op-100-players

"Ridiculously overrated?" Wow...

Blog Entries
    I don't understand why anyone gives two shits about rankings and meaningless lists

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I've never seen that dickhead write a positive thing about the Ravens. He's some media hack.

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    Well, if you didn't like that one, you won't like this one either...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...op-100-players

"Ridiculously overrated?" Wow...
    He's going overboard, but I agree with him about Pollard.

Jacoby? I think he deserves to go somewhere in the top 100...he was the most productive return man in football last year. The most dangerous/productive return man deserves a spot in the top 100, even if they never caught a pass.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

The media always gets it right, especially about the Ravens last year. Can't imagine them being wrong this year. LOL The media and predicting is a waste of time reading about. The game has to be played on the field and not in the papers, magazines or internet. Must suck for sports writers to make up polls and other unbelievable shit for a living, then look back at the end of the season to see how wrong they were. Is there a sports writer that is right more then 90% of the time?

Face it guys, the national media doesn't like the Ravens. I'm pretty sure it has to do with Modell and moving here, they see us as a stolen team from a great football city in Cleveland(lol!!, yeah I know).

I could care less what a bunch of talking heads think about my team.

I don't really see the problem here- the guy's giving his personal opinion and it's not even as if he doesn't back up his reasoning. Loss of leadership is a valid concern when the two players lost have been constants for a decade and having to play Denver and Houston as opposed to San Diego/Oakland and Tennessee/Indy is a big disadvantage compared to our divisional rivals in a 16 game season.

We may not agree (and admittedly I don't understand why the Pats are 5th when he basically slags off their entire offseason), but these are preseason rankings based on offseason moves and if the games were played on paper. As we all know, they are not and so many different factors affect the outcome of any game, which is why we beat teams that 'were better than us' on our way to a Championship last year.

It's just something to read in the offseason to ensure interest doesn't waver too much and nfl.com keeps getting hits.
    Last edited by Ravenblue; 05-03-2013 at 04:23 AM.