Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Jim Fassel front runner for Skins job?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaine View Post
    I don't care who ya are that is some funny shizzle.
    Well, not particularily defending Billick but he didn't do to bad in Minnesota as OC so whose to say it would be a bad call. Why all the Billick hate, he's been fired and everything he did in Baltimore wasn't bad and you have a new hero to worship so why not just let the guy in peace?
    AZRAVEN

[

Quote Originally Posted by AZRAVEN View Post
    Well, not particularily defending Billick but he didn't do to bad in Minnesota as OC so whose to say it would be a bad call. Why all the Billick hate, he's been fired and everything he did in Baltimore wasn't bad and you have a new hero to worship so why not just let the guy in peace?
    Oh you misinterpret my laughing. The irony alone would make it damn Funny shizzle

Have you seen me ever "hate on Billick"?
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

I dont think Fassel was a scapegoat for BB at all. Fact is the guy had a horrible work ethic and BB was right to show him the door. Maybe he will be a good HC, but he treated the OC job as if it were beneath him.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Well, John Clayton on SportsCenter just reported a while ago that Fassel is in fact considered a front-runner, so maybe I should retract my earlier skeptical comment that he's just another guy they are talking to.

But I won't, because I really don't think the Redskins have a clue what they are doing. I don't think they even have a leading candidate. Maybe the Gibbs retirement caught them by surprise, but that happened two weeks ago, so you'd think they would have a plan by now.

So who knows, maybe Fassel could actually get this job. I still doubt it, because he's not the splashy hire that Danny-boy craves, but there really aren't any big names out there now, so I guess he has a shot.

But I wouldn't know whether to congratulate him or say, "Sorry you're working for Danny."

Blog Entries

I think the Skins do have someone specific in mind.
    If I had to take a stab in the dark, I'd guess his team is still playing.
    Haven't followed them enough to know if they have met the Rooney Rule yet.
    If they haven't, I could narrow down the remaining coaching staffs a little :D

IMHO Greg Williams is their fall-back candidate, he is ready if need-be with no further discussion (except contract terms maybe).

Fassel is interesting, especially if Al Sanders really runs the offense.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I think he was hurt (along with Matt Cavanaugh) by being scapegoats in Billick's horrid offense for so long.
    The guy was putting in minimal effort here as the OC. He shot himself in the foot, the offense was WAY better without him. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Dig it, Billick needs a roster with overwhelming talent to compete.
    Dig this, Billick got to 8-8 with a team that had Justin Freaking Armor as a starting WR, Mitchell, Case and Banks at QB, and 3 TEs you couldn't name without going and looking them up. I know 2, one delivers UPS packages to my store, another pizzas to my house. He went 7-9 with 19 rookies, an NFL record for any team. He had the team in post-season contention with all of those rookies, Chris Redman and Blake at QB and if not for a facemask not called in the C-choke game in week 16 he goes into week 17 needing a win for 9-7 and post-season.

Billick has some bad years when the team got away from him but he also had some GREAT YEARS, in case you forget. Some of you people are ungrateful as hell and have no idea how good you have had it. Check out what Lions and Cardinals fans have gone through.

Thumbs down Re: Jim Fassel front runner for Skins job?

Per Profootballtalk, Fassel is the frontrunner -- to be hired tomorrow. If I read this correctly, he may hire Rex Ryan as well:

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that Fassel could be the head coach of the Washington Redskins as soon as Wednesday.

And Fassel could be paired with former Ravens defensive coordinator Rex Ryan, who is under consideration to return to the Ravens in that same capacity — and who also could end up coaching the Falcons.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Billick has some bad years when the team got away from him but he also had some GREAT YEARS, in case you forget.
    People forget the years he did alot with nothing; it's when the team "got away from him" that his days were numbered. BB did a commendable job as coach of the Ravens!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Well whichever sucker takes that job.Be prepared to have loads of melting ice cream stacked in your HC office when things go wrong.

That what comes of working for a class A git.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Blog Entries

I wonder if they would make Ryan an Assistant HC? I gotta think the Gregg Williams situation with the Redskins is much like our Rex Ryan situation...if they don't hire him, they need to get rid of him, because he's going to become a lurking cancer in that locker room.

If they don't make Rex Assistant HC, I can't see why he'd go for that if SB/Harbaugh is offering an Assistant HC title. Sure, it's a clean break, but this would represent the better opportunity to get a HC job in the future.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3208303

"While the coaching search continued, the Redskins solidified their front office structure Tuesday by adding the word "executive" to Cerrato's title, making him the executive vice president of football operations. The team said Cerrato will assume responsibility for all aspects of the team's football organization, including the roster, scouting and salary cap management."

Comcast reported last night that Cerrato and Williams' relationship is "strained".

Looks like Cerrato is winning the power struggle down there.

Sounds good to me.

He's clueless.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag
    I gotta think the Gregg Williams situation with the Redskins is much like our Rex Ryan situation...if they don't hire him, they need to get rid of him, because he's going to become a lurking cancer in that locker room.
    I agree -- in fact, it sounds like the Gregg Williams situation in DC is worse than Rex in Baltimore. I heard earlier this week that the reason they've interviewed Williams four (!) times is that although he's worked for the Skins for four years, Danny-boy doesn't really know him or have a comfort level with him. If they had to interview him four times, it's obvious they don't really want him as HC. I can't imagine him staying there as DC.

On the other hand, although I have said repeatedly that I don't see Rex coming back here, it sounds like Bisciotti would like him back. So maybe that'll happen after all. But Williams returning to the Skins looks like a long shot.

Unless they give the HC job to Fassel, and Fassel talks Williams into coming back.