Thread: Camp Notes

Camp Notes

From Day 2 AM Session

Re: Camp Notes

Great to hear Boller has mastered the swing pass in year 6.

Did you mean David Pittman or PJ Daniels should be the Mr Softee rep? Dan Wilcox should be in the running as well.

Camp Harbaugh seems to be putting the golf carts to work this year. Hope they have enough trainers out there.
    Last edited by RavinDonnie; 07-27-2008 at 03:26 PM.

My thouughts

I figured i could put my observations in here. I went to yesterday's PM, and today's AM. Just to give you guys a head's up, I wasn't watching anything too close, just trying to take it all in.

QB's
    You can count me in the Boller sucks camp. He doesn't throw the ball so much as shot puts it where he wants it to go (I'm assuming he wants it to go to the defenders). Smith looked the best both days. This morning in 1-in-1's, Boller threw about 4 picks, while I think Smith and Flacco each had one (that I saw). When they were taking snaps from their own endzone, with the defense rushing, Flacco looked a little scared, threw 3 or 4 in a row off his back foot. I guess I can't blame him too much, I would be pretty scared too if I saw Ray Lewis coming after me. Speaking of that, Ray was yelling at Flacco the whole time he was in there trying it get in his head, it was pretty funny.

RB's
    McGahee played a little yesterday, but I didn't see him at all today. Both Patrick and Rice looked pretty good, and while I really want to see Patrick play a lot this year, I think Rice played a little better the past two days. His cuts were a little faster and smoother. They both also showed some pretty good hands catching flare passes. Patrick also worked out as gunner on special teams and was getting some coaching for that, he seemed to do pretty well. He was a special teams demon at OU

WR's
    Mason and Clayton are obviously the 1 and 2. This morning Mason had a sick move (quick cut to the outside, slower cut inside, then quick cut back outside) where he juked the corner twice and made a 40 yard catch (I think from Flacco, could have been Boller). Out of some of the younger guys, #12 (don't know his name, sorry) didn't impress me that much, but I think Figurs (the dude from K-State) has a chance of making the team. Overall, the WR's have just been ok, I saw one diving catch, but way too many drops. There were also a bunch of tipped balls that got picked (a couple could have been by the running backs though)

Defense
    They definately won all the battles I saw today, specifically the team drills. Its kinda hard to tell since they were not tackling a lot of the time, but when they did, they brought the wood. There was one series were Patrick got on back to back plays (both runs up the middle). The second one the defender lost his helmet (#57 maybe?) during the hit that got the team and fans fired up. One other thing I noticed was Dan Cody spent a lot of time talking to the coaches when he wasn't in there playing, hopefully he can stay healthy.

Autographs
    Ed Reed and Ray Lewis both spent a lot of time signing and talking to the fans. I really liked that, 10 years ago I went to the Chargers training camp and stayed after for about an hour waiting for Junior Seau to come out, when he finally did, he would not sign for me (a 13 year old kid) or the other 5/6 people that waited on him. Allen Patrick and Chris Chester were also signing alot and talking to the fans.

I'll let ya guys know if I remember anything else

Blog Entries

Great read, Tony. Thanks.

Awesome notes.. thank you!

Re: My thouughts

Quote Originally Posted by Bechtel Bolt View Post
    Ed Reed and Ray Lewis both spent a lot of time signing and talking to the fans. I really liked that, 10 years ago I went to the Chargers training camp and stayed after for about an hour waiting for Junior Seau to come out, when he finally did, he would not sign for me (a 13 year old kid) or the other 5/6 people that waited on him.
    I'll let ya guys know if I remember anything else
    That's why God placed the SuperBowl Curse on Junior, Bechtel Bolt...

Seau must roam the Earth forever ringless as punishment for his impertinence towards the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    From Day 2 AM Session

Great report as always. Good to see you again at Camp.

The weather was wonderful .