Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    Hmmm... didn't know about the bad-terms bit. In any case, I hope that there's at least some warmth on Pees' seat. I understand he had a lot of injuries, and that we're a spoiled fan base on the defensive side, but the defensive performance this year was pretty hard to take even knowing that...
    I'm with you, but credit where credit is due: they're top ten in points allowed. At the end of the day that's all that matters. Given the lack of a true superstar defender this season, Pees gets a pass unless he takes the Mattison route and retires/moves to a college program.

These old school type coaches are better suited for the college game IMO. The preach fundamentals, lining up and beating the player across from you, as opposed to creatively scheming against the opponents scheme. The NFL is becoming more of a plug and play league, where teams who are te most successful have minimized the number of individual players that are essential for the team's overall success. That's why the Pats continued to have success when they were trotting WRs out to play CB.

Re: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    I'd rather have Pees go do something else. Just saying.

Edit: Everyone and their mother new DelRio was getting fired. The biscuit and Co need to jump off a cliff for not bringing him back instead of this ass clown they hired.
    And now the talk in Jacksonville is 'How did DelRio ever manage to win 5 games with the talent he had, talent was added this year and we ended up with 2 wins'. Be careful of what you ask for - you may get it. Jags have fired their GM - not even 1 pro bowl pick among his years of draft choices, including Top 10 picks the past 4 years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    And now the talk in Jacksonville is 'How did DelRio ever manage to win 5 games with the talent he had, talent was added this year and we ended up with 2 wins'. Be careful of what you ask for - you may get it. Jags have fired their GM - not even 1 pro bowl pick among his years of draft choices, including Top 10 picks the past 4 years.
    Their GM selected a punter when Russell Wilson was still there... let that sink in

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Lovie Smith's firing is surprising with one more year left on his contract.
    I know a bit about CHI's GM Phil Emery from a previous life. He's a good dude, but all business and is a bit of a controller. Not passing judgment, just laying it out.

I think this is a situation where he wants "his guy" in there.

Blog Entries

No real facts to add, just experience tells me that when a GM is fired, there is no guarentee for the HC staying no matter what is said

Most GMs want imput on who the HC is/will be and it seems easier to hold onto whoever currently has the position (as in Rex's case) so he is not gone elsewhere before the new GM arrives to make the decision.

If the coach goes first, the GM probably will survive.... if the GM goes first, the coach is still a coin flip IMO

Graves and Wisenhut gone in Arizona http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-gm-rod-graves
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Whisenhut out in Arizona...
    And the GM

any thoughts on whether Billick will return to the coaching business? I really thought he'd have a gig by now.
    this many openings I'm sure we'll see some surprise hires.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    any thoughts on whether Billick will return to the coaching business? I really thought he'd have a gig by now.
    this many openings I'm sure we'll see some surprise hires.
    I think he's right in his wheelhouse and has no desire to return to the grind of coaching.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I think he's right in his wheelhouse and has no desire to return to the grind of coaching.
    Agree, barring an offer that he couldn't refuse (both financial and situational) I also think he is enjoying life too much as things are for him..... now if he didn't have a ring... but he does.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    I feel like DeCosta has turned down more appealing opportunities in the past. He's the heir to Ozzie's throne and unless the Pats come knocking before he ascends, he's with Bmore for the duration.
    This, plus he got a contract in this past offseason which basically ensured he wouldn't interview for other GM opportunities.

If he does, I think he has to return a bunch of money or something.

LINK: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ing-baltimore/

Doesn't say WHAT prevents him from leaving. I guess it would just be breach of contract, meaning Ravens could get their money back.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I think it's imperative that they at least consider making a change at DC. Watching some of our games, Pee's, knowing we really don't have a consistently dominant pass rusher, is running some of the most vanilla blitzes I've recently seen. That A gap blitz by Ellerbe is used way too much, luckily Ellerbe is an effective blitzer.

Blog Entries

Atlanta Falcons OC Dirk Koetter is taking an interview at Philly and Cleveland according to SiriusNFL