Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo plans to champion same-sex marriage at the Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    BA has been championing social causes for the majority of his career while giving his all on the football field and giving back to the community off it.

In other words, not only are you being a hypocrite by supporting one player's right to express his deeply held and meaningful beliefs, you're also flat wrong about the reason.
    ok first, lets not just throw "social cause" out there like we are talking about health care reform. We are talking about men marrying men and men having sex with men.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    Does anybody have a link to a story that confirms that Ayanbadejo plans to do this at the Super Bowl? If not, I question why the heck the moderators moved this to the football page.
    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...a-6d91962dac03

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    Does anybody have a link to a story that confirms that Ayanbadejo plans to do this at the Super Bowl? If not, I question why the heck the moderators moved this to the football page.
    It was moved to the politics area from the football page. If you're on a mobile device, you cannot view the redirect.

Blog Entries

Both Lewis and Harbaugh have been pushing the envelope on proselytizing while representing the team lately, on the field, during press conferences, from the Under Armour Performance Center, etc., etc., etc... As of yet I've only been seeing Ayanbadejo, like Birk, representing his political views on his personal time. Which brings me back to asking if anybody has a link to a confirmation that Ayanbadejo plans to use the Super Bowl as a platform to promote marriage equality.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Blog Entries

Thanks Houston, I thought it was moved the other way around. :)
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    ok first, lets not just throw "social cause" out there like we are talking about health care reform. We are talking about men marrying men and men having sex with men.
    So?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    :word

If this is true, he should be bench for not fully committing to prepping for the game.

You want to focus on this do it on your time.
    He did do it on his own time. He sent the email during his team designated time off. There hasn't been any additional activity on this story, but the players do not spend 24 hours a day seven days a week prepping. Ray Rice, Torrey Smith, Terrell Suggs and others have all been active on facebook, chatting with fans. Justin Tucker has been posting instagram pictures like they're going out of style. BA has been trying to do something for a cause he believes in. Why exactly should that warrant a benching but the rest doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    Women are also occasionally gay. And they can have sex right now as much as they want. The issue is legal equality.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I'd say the millions of gay men and women who's rights he's speaking up for on the biggest platform imaginable care. As do I.
    I don't oppose you and the other gay people out there, I support everyone's right to seek happiness, justice, liberty and equality. But I don't think a football game is a forum for this as there are 104 players on both teams I'm sure have something to say about something. I hope he makes a significant enough play in the game that they stick a mic in his face, then he'll have his forum.

Here's a more detailed story about what BA plans to do ....

http://bruni.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/...he-super-bowl/

I doubt very seriously he's not going to participate in team activities to voice his opinion. I bet he'll speak on it during press conferences, wear clothing with supporting comments, etc. but I'd be highly surprised he's going to miss any practice time.

Some of you guys are such hypocrites.

I keep my mouth shut when Matt Stover and Ray Lewis and Tim Tebow and whoever want to blab about their spirituality all the time. Hell, I *root* for those guys (except Tebow), both personally and professionally. More power to 'em.

Go ahead and celebrate the Lord if you want. That's easy, and even though I think it's mildly irritating I look past it. Standing up to bigots - perhaps bigots like you - takes real courage.

"It's a civil rights Issue. It's a human rights issue. It's not 'gay rights' -- It's just equal rights."
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Bigfish, I'm actually not gay, although I see how my sentence was worded oddly. I do consider myself an ally to the gay community however and spend a good amount of time working with the very organization that BA contacted.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Thanks for the link. I think the Baltimoreravens.com article was a little misleading. After reading the source article [ http://bruni.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/...he-super-bowl/ ] it looks like he'll use his free time in the next two weeks, and the resultant extra exposure due to the Super Bowl, to promote marriage equality. He also said he hope to appear on the Ellen Degeneres show AFTER the Super Bowl. Not exactly the same thing as championing same sex marriage *AT* the Super Bowl, as the Ravens in house media stated. I have no problem with him doing this, Birk doing the opposite, or Harbaugh or Lewis doing the same to glorify God. If any of them did that *AT* the Super Bowl I'd think that was bullshit.