Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

troy smith back on the crawl

Steelers released him. Anybody think he latches on with somebody else? I doubt it, unless its in an arena or canada.

Re: troy smith back on the crawl

I never had a doubt that Smith should have gone to the CFL. The Ravens wasted a 5th round pick on Smith, who was too little and inaccurate to be an NFL QB.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I never had a doubt that Smith should have gone to the CFL. The Ravens wasted a 5th round pick on Smith, who was too little and inaccurate to be an NFL QB.
    I wouldnt say "wasted", he was an adequate back up at the time, and was used effectively when the "wildcat" was in its heyday. They did right by getting rid of him when they did. Im also thankful things fell the way we did and he didnt get a chance to start. Would have been a disaster, instead of an AFCC season, but i still think wasted is a little harsh for a guy that did give us some value.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I wouldnt say "wasted", he was an adequate back up at the time, and was used effectively when the "wildcat" was in its heyday. They did right by getting rid of him when they did. Im also thankful things fell the way we did and he didnt get a chance to start. Would have been a disaster, instead of an AFCC season, but i still think wasted is a little harsh for a guy that did give us some value.
    Well if not for a timely stomach virus he would have been the starter. What a disaster that season would have been.

Before someone asks, no, he shouldn't come here.

Blog Entries

I kinda think some team may bring him in to compete for the backup or #3 spot and potentially run some gadget plays. Not sure if he'll make the 53 but he should get some looks. I wish him luck, no hard feelings but it wasn't meant to be in Charm City

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I wouldn't say it was a wasted pick. The 5th round is a good spot for a flier such as that. If they'd caught lightning in a bottle, nobody would be complaining. It is what it is.

That said, I wonder if Troy finally makes it to Cleveland, lol....talk about a guy with an inflated self worth (as a player of course, he might be a great guy off the field).
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I wouldnt say "wasted", he was an adequate back up at the time, and was used effectively when the "wildcat" was in its heyday.
    Meh ...... perhaps there's a better term than "wasted", although I didn't recall any significant wildcat big gains outside of one looping pass to Flacco. However, there was a benefit that only a 5th rounder could provide: Smith's low salary for 4 years enabled Ozzie pay the vets.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

You know, arena league may not be that bad an option for him. It's a smaller playarea and he can run around. I think he would fit the game style better than even the CFL.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Interesting story HERE about a locker room incident involving Troy Smith.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Good stuff.

I had all but forgotten about all the nonsense that surrounded him. And I almost forgot just how badly some of us (like me) wanted him to start. Flacco had just been drafted and we were still in our Boller hangover phase.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    If coaches cant coach you, there isnt many knocking down your door for your services...

The music being turned down story pretty much shows everything thats wrong with him, immaturity and, imo, hes a bit pretentious. He thinks hes better than he is and better than everyone else on and off the field which directly relates to his inability to be coached. maybe some humility of not being wanted will be an eye opener for change.
    -JAB