Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens may not want Ed Reed back, visiting Texans on Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    And Harbaugh has never been good with personnel decisions.
    Luckily he's not the GM!

Im sorry but this whole ordeal just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Harbaugh has an issue with players disagreeing with him? What kind of message does this send? If you disagree with me, you lose your job, so shutup and just act like a robot?

This is not right.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Luckily he's not the GM!
    So he doesnt have the ability to decide when a player plays, which players play, which position they play and whether or not they are cut/released?

Blog Entries

Pollard only upset me because it seems like less a cost cutting move, more about just getting rid of him. So why have waited this long??

Not that it affected his last 3 games, but remember, he had to be pulled off the field after getting drawn into a penalty by the Colts waterboy. Yes, the Colts WATERBOY got in Pollard's head and drew a taunting penalty from him.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Jacobs who has run himself out of town now on both the Giants and the 49ers? He's a good example how? The guy who Coughlin was so annoyed with he hardly got any touches the entire season of that Super Bowl season? If anything, he's a good example of a guy who SHOULD have been gone a long time ago.

Like I said there are ways to address a coach if you think he's wrong. If you want to have a meeting telling the coach things have to change, that's fine. Refusing to practice and challenging a coach's authority in front of the whole team is not the way to do it. That wasn't the way the Giants did it; yet even so, 2 of those guys stuck around and 1 (jacobs) has been run off of two teams now.
    You asked me how many made onto that second team. I listed them. You didn't say "should have". Anyway, they were the ringleaders and while Strahan retired, the other two still managed to hang around for a second title run, unlike here where they all got cut/traded.

So he doesnt have the ability to decide when a player plays, which players play, which position they play and whether or not they are cut/released?
    He decides who goes on the field, yes. Not who is cut and released.

Seems like he made the right decisions in 2012, doesn't it?

He decides who goes on the field, yes. Not who is cut and released.

Seems like he made the right decisions in 2012, doesn't it?
    No, not really.

Like I said, we dont win the superbowl without firing cameron. Or without retooling the O-Line with talent we had all along.

I mean, Im not going to give him zero credit, because the safety decision in the endzone was perfect.

But there is no way you can give him full credit.

Also, you really dont think he has input into who is cut/released/traded?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    You asked me how many made onto that second team. I listed them. You didn't say "should have". Anyway, they were the ringleaders and while Strahan retired, the other two still managed to hang around for a second title run, unlike here where they all got cut/traded.
    Don't see how that strengthens your argument as why getting rid of mutineers hurts the team, considering the only guy who played significant time in 2011 for the Giants was Osi. Bet the Giants wish they had cut Jacobs sooner; the Ravens don't have to wish. They already did.

And besides that, the situation isn't alike in that they had designated meetings with team vets weekly to address problems. Whereas the Ravens blindsided Harbaugh and refused to practice and challenged him in front of the whole team.

Blog Entries

I love this. People have been DYING for reasons to hate Harbaugh and Flacco since they got here. Heard a guy say on the radio tonight that if we have a losing record this year, Harbaugh should be fired for gutting the team...

So let's review:

1. Harbaugh was just the HC of the Super Bowl winning team, but is on the hot seat enough to be fires just one year later
    and 2. Harbaugh apparently has usurped Ozzie's decision making into his own little enemies hit list

Yeah, Harbaugh wasn't the reason we won the Super Bowl...THE WHOLE GD TEAM, COACHES, FRONT OFFICE, EVERYTHING was the reason we won! So fucking sick of this line about "Harbaugh is fucking up our team"

Go get Rex Ryan, then tell me how much better he's making the team...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

No, not really.

Like I said, we dont win the superbowl without firing cameron. Or without retooling the O-Line with talent we had all along.

I mean, Im not going to give him zero credit, because the safety decision in the endzone was perfect.

But there is no way you can give him full credit.
    Yep we don't win without Harbaugh deciding to do both those things! You're right! :grbac:

Yep we don't win without Harbaugh deciding to do both those things! You're right! :grbac:
    Yep. You are totally correct.

Those were Harbaughs decisions. Yep. Harbaughs.

Blog Entries

Well, it looks like pretty much all of the Ravens vocal leaders are gone. Let's see how they do without them. Personally, I think that vocal veteran leadership was a huge factor in the Ravens winning the Super Bowl. Arguably, the Broncos, Patriots, and 49ers had more talent on paper.

Blog Entries

Yep. You are totally correct.

Those were Harbaughs decisions. Yep. Harbaughs.
    For better or worse, Ozzie said they were Harbaugh's decision.

You can choose to believe Ozzie "forced" him into it. If that were true, would seem to me Ozzie would really not want John around anymore. So why would John be calling all these personell moves now? Why would Ozzie not have simply retired with another ring and let DeCosta "go down with the sinking Harbaugh ship"?