Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: M&T Among League's Best

I've been in every section at least once, from two rows up from the sideline to club and box and twice I have sat in the highest row of the upper deck and one thing I can say is you can always see the action wherever you are sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Increased mobile phone coverage...I know it is only a few days out of the year...but on those days the mobile towers get slammed and nobody around me can get very good coverage.
    ^THIS!!!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    Originally Posted by JohnBKistler
    Increased mobile phone coverage...I know it is only a few days out of the year...but on those days the mobile towers get slammed and nobody around me can get very good coverage.

==============================================================================================

^THIS!!!!!
    I am the total opposite! I turn off the ringer and the vibrator, and check for emergency txt messages at halftime. I absolutely do not want to be disturbed / distracted during Ravens games. I used to snarl at the phone when well intentioned friends would call me during games. I am a little OCD and have adult ADD, so multi-tasking is out of the question: I concentrate on the game, almost to the point of being in a trance. That helps explain why I don't want all the fantasy stats on the video screen. :grbac: (Thankfully, I read that part of the $35 million cosmetics underway will include a true out-of-town scoreboard).
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I am the total opposite! I turn off the ringer and the vibrator, and check for emergency txt messages at halftime. I absolutely do not want to be disturbed / distracted during Ravens games. I used to snarl at the phone when well intentioned friends would call me during games. I am a little OCD and have adult ADD, so multi-tasking is out of the question: I concentrate on the game, almost to the point of being in a trance. That helps explain why I don't want all the fantasy stats on the video screen. :grbac: (Thankfully, I read that part of the $35 million cosmetics underway will include a true out-of-town scoreboard).
    Ummm...ok...

Given that plays on the field probably take up maybe 25% of the time I am in the stadium (TV timeouts, half-time, pre-and-post game make up the other 75%), I somehow manage to do both.

Actually, my use of a mobile phone during the game is to enhance, not disturb or distract from my experience. I follow the Ravens beat writers on Twitter, and some of the opposing team's writers if I can find and follow them before-hand. They do a decent job of providing in-game stats, analysis, injury updates, comments on officials' calls, etc.

Like with most technology, it is all how one chooses to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Once again, I side with JBK....but I prefer to have access to phone... How ya choose to use it is up to you
    Heaven forbid one needs to use this...
    Guest Assist

Guest Assist is the text messaging service available to guests at M&T Bank Stadium. Any guest may call for assistance during events by sending a text message from their cell phone. By using the Guest Assist system, you will be able to report issues and concerns, and call for assistance in a fast, easy and convenient way. Here's how it works:

1. Open a blank text message and address the message to 410-988-2008
    2. Text messages can be up to 160 characters in length
    3. A subject for the text message is not required.
    4. When your text message is received, you receive an immediate response message stating, "Your message has been received by stadium personnel."
    5. If more information is needed, the Guest Assist operator will respond with additional questions.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    Once again, I side with JBK....but I prefer to have access to phone... How ya choose to use it is up to you
    Heaven forbid one needs to use this...
    Guest Assist

Guest Assist is the text messaging service available to guests at M&T Bank Stadium. Any guest may call for assistance during events by sending a text message from their cell phone. By using the Guest Assist system, you will be able to report issues and concerns, and call for assistance in a fast, easy and convenient way. Here's how it works:

1. Open a blank text message and address the message to 410-988-2008
    2. Text messages can be up to 160 characters in length
    3. A subject for the text message is not required.
    4. When your text message is received, you receive an immediate response message stating, "Your message has been received by stadium personnel."
    5. If more information is needed, the Guest Assist operator will respond with additional questions.
    I'd like to see 3D scoreboards

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Ummm...ok...

Given that plays on the field probably take up maybe 25% of the time I am in the stadium (TV timeouts, half-time, pre-and-post game make up the other 75%), I somehow manage to do both.

Actually, my use of a mobile phone during the game is to enhance, not disturb or distract from my experience. I follow the Ravens beat writers on Twitter, and some of the opposing team's writers if I can find and follow them before-hand. They do a decent job of providing in-game stats, analysis, injury updates, comments on officials' calls, etc.

Like with most technology, it is all how one chooses to use it.
    I listen to WBAL during the games for injury info, etc. I check my phone a few times a game but prefer to talk to those around me about the game between plays.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by baltimorebred View Post
    Seriously? The game is 3D right in front of you.

It must be that us old guys can be content in soaking up the game and not needing lots of other input.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Seriously? The game is 3D right in front of you.

It must be that us old guys can be content in soaking up the game and not needing lots of other input.
    I don't know I guess it would be cool.

bump

Blog Entries
    Why do the elevators have a 20 - 30 minute wait, is the line that long?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by baltimorebred View Post
    LMAO.... You should call EA sports and have them build a stadium designer for you and make sure they make it in 3D.

How much more freaking 3D do you need then right on the field. .

Yes they need to INCREASE cell phone coverage inside the stadium. NOT JUST VERIZON signal since they are a sponsor.(:DeadHorse:)