Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: My final mock draft---10 day out division.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I get one of those dreams every year come draft week that one elite player somehow falls to our pick, and that for me this year is Kenny Vacorro. Don't get me wrong, I love Elam too, but Vaccoro just has that all around game to him that would make him an instant impact player on our defense.
    I know what you mean. I would love Vaccoro to fall. I see him falling to the 20s in some mocks. Add a couple QB picks in there and he could fall to say 25? We'd have to trade up.

My dream pick right now is Allen. He is a perfect compliment to Torrey. Torrey/Jacoby take the top off playing outside and that leaves you Allen/Pitta/Dickson/Rice to work the middle of the field. Pitta and Allen will be so hard to contain.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by conviction View Post

I know what you mean. I would love Vaccoro to fall. I see him falling to the 20s in some mocks. Add a couple QB picks in there and he could fall to say 25? We'd have to trade up.

My dream pick right now is Allen. He is a perfect compliment to Torrey. Torrey/Jacoby take the top off playing outside and that leaves you Allen/Pitta/Dickson/Rice to work the middle of the field. Pitta and Allen will be so hard to contain.
    That's a dream that has a good chance of coming true

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Can anyone remember Ozzie ever drafting a small school player in round 1 or even round 2? We've seen him do it after that but I can't remember it happening in the first 2 rounds of the draft. That's why I'm not sure that Watson is even on his list before round 3, and he'll be long gone by then.
    Joe Flacco.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    Joe Flacco.
    I guess but Flacco also played at Pitt.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I guess but Flacco also played at Pitt.
    I think you are reaching here. The Ravens need a LT. If Ozzie thinks that Armstead could be that LT, then he will take him early. Maybe not in the first round, but I could see the Ravens moving up in the second round for Armstead.

I get the feeling that if the Ravens make a trade down for a LT in the 2nd it is going to be Justin Pugh. I have seen his named linked to the Ravens a few times now. It seems like he has been linked to us more as the reporters have been getting more feedback from the teams. I also saw where Daniel Jeremiah has him as his 19th ranked player. I am not saying he is that high on the Ravens board, but DJ was trained as a scout by the Ravens, and you would think he was taught what to look for in players by the team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoeJangles View Post
    I get the feeling that if the Ravens make a trade down for a LT in the 2nd it is going to be Justin Pugh. I have seen his named linked to the Ravens a few times now. It seems like he has been linked to us more as the reporters have been getting more feedback from the teams. I also saw where Daniel Jeremiah has him as his 19th ranked player. I am not saying he is that high on the Ravens board, but DJ was trained as a scout by the Ravens, and you would think he was taught what to look for in players by the team.
    God I hope not. Everything I've seen about him sounds of OVERRATED.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    God I hope not. Everything I've seen about him sounds of OVERRATED.
    Pugh has short arms and slow feet. Great technique though.

I think the fact that he's even mentioned in the top 30 shows how week the top end of this draft is. Same with Menelik Watson. If we were contemplating drafting Pugh at 32, I'd gag. Even at 64, I'm not sure I'd want him. Frankly, if we were going to take Pugh, I'd just rather us wait 2-3 rounds and draft Oday Aboushi in the late 4th/late 5th round. He has fewer limitations than Pugh, more upside, but is more raw. Pugh can be a decent RT in the NFL, but I just don't see him as a guy I'd be interested in early.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Pugh has short arms and slow feet. Great technique though.

I think the fact that he's even mentioned in the top 30 shows how week the top end of this draft is. Same with Menelik Watson. If we were contemplating drafting Pugh at 32, I'd gag. Even at 64, I'm not sure I'd want him. Frankly, if we were going to take Pugh, I'd just rather us wait 2-3 rounds and draft Oday Aboushi in the late 4th/late 5th round. He has fewer limitations than Pugh, more upside, but is more raw. Pugh can be a decent RT in the NFL, but I just don't see him as a guy I'd be interested in early.
    I would be happy with him at 64. If your drafting him as a LT your going to be disappointed. If your drafting him as G/RT then you have a guy who is versatile and may end up being a decent starter at one of those spots.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoeJangles View Post
    He is from Syracuse (?) Like Adam Terry.