Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Oh, geez, here it comes (dread)...

Honestly who gives a shit what everyone outside of our fan base thinks. I know I don't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scbgirlxo View Post
    Honestly who gives a shit what everyone outside of our fan base thinks. I know I don't.
    I don't want the team to be labelled as a cheater because of what Lewis may/may not have taken.

Guilty or not, it doesn't matter. People believe what they want and will persecute based off of what supports their bias. I honestly believe that biased Steeler fan base has been so vocal over the years that they are responsible for perpetuating Ray's guilty of murder in the Atlanta incident nationwide. They perpetuate that Ray had the bloody knife is his hand despite known facts. The same hateful fan base is already making noise on this.

http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...nned-Substance

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Amazing how this doesn't leak in October when it was actually recorded, but lands on a dime during SB media day. Wow...imagine that.

I wonder if we hadn't made it to the SB would this have even come out.
    Haha, no shit. Seriously, what a freaking non-story. Obviously this guy has an agenda, as does Mike Florio. Seriously dudes, deer velvet? Ok then :)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Guilty or not, it doesn't matter. People believe what they want and will persecute based off of what supports their bias. I honestly believe that biased Steeler fan base has been so vocal over the years that they are responsible for perpetuating Ray's guilty of murder in the Atlanta incident nationwide. They perpetuate that Ray had the bloody knife is his hand despite known facts. The same hateful fan base is already making noise on this.

http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...nned-Substance
    Really? I've been on message boards for years and not once have I said anything about Ray Lewis being a murderer.

Blog Entries

It seems like this company goes out of its way to record their conversations with players:

On the two nights before the Jan. 9, 2012, BCS national championship game, a handful of Alabama players in crimson and gray sweats made their way to room 612 in the New Orleans Marriott. A few brought family members, but most arrived in clusters with teammates. They came in search of an edge.
    The room belonged to Christopher Key, who was in town to demonstrate the wares of S.W.A.T.S. -- Sports with Alternatives to Steroids -- a two-man company run out of the back of a gym near Birmingham.

Unbeknownst to Crimson Tide coaches, S.W.A.T.S. had an audience with players on the No. 2 team in college football, a gathering that Key taped with a pen camera and showed to SI. He handed out some of the company's products gratis -- "It should never come up, but I'll go to the grave saying you bought this," Key told them -- and one, linebacker Alex Watkins, six months later gave a video testimonial on YouTube citing the boost he got from the chips, water and deer-antler pills during Bama's 21-0 BCS title victory.
    It was a good night for S.W.A.T.S. in its ongoing quest: to land the sort of high-profile endorsement that could propel a two-man -company -- even one that has been shunned, shuttered and successfully sued for $5.4 million, as S.W.A.T.S. has -- into serious profitability.
    Modern science may scoff at holographic stickers and negatively charged water, but that matters little if the right athlete becomes a believer or, better yet, a proselytizer. The boundaries of medical science expand at too glacial a pace for many athletes desperate to enhance their performance. That desperation, in turn, represents a business opportunity for self ordained sports science entrepreneurs operating in the shadowy, multibillion-dollar athletic-supplement industry. Key had given some of S.W.A.T.S.'s chips to LSU players before their 9-6 victory over Alabama in November 2011; that helped him get an audience with the Tide players, who received some of the same S.W.A.T.S. products that outfielder Johnny Damon, golfer Vijay Singh and linebacker Shawne Merriman have used. S.W.A.T.S.'s most famous client, Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis, enters Super Bowl XLVII on Sunday after speaking with Ross in October to request items that would speed his recovery from a torn right triceps.
    Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2JO6wRpRc

Why so eager to have a recording of everything? A pen camera? Really?

Lewis would be dumb enough to directly call this guy and say "pile it up and send it to me"? Really? He wouldn't insulate himself at all from the transactions? Maybe he will say he didn't see anything wrong with it????

If IGF-1 is banned and you eat deer antler extract which contains IGF-1, then you just consumed a banned substance. Plain and simple. How could you not think that would come back to bite you?

Not good to see Merriman listed either.

Blog Entries

Ray is about to get his podium time...should be interesting.

So what if Ray did? A 37 year old turning to sports science to repair his body to compete with men 15 years younger than him. From how the national media talk about Ray losing his ability to play football because of his age one would have to assume that drugs aren't helping at all. NFL players are using drugs to enhance their physical ability (except Todd Heap) to the point where it's a non-story unless someone has an agenda and wants to call it out. To me this is just like holding, it happens on every play it just doesn't get called very often.

I am beginning to hate what football is becoming in this country. From fans who spew ignorance and hate to the media digging up crap just to have a story. Mike Florio is the lowest piece of trash known to mankind. He has always hated on the Ravens. Everyone wants to discredit the Ravens in some way this week from Flacco to Ray. I've had it and I won't be watching the sports coverage OR fan forums (other than the Ravens forums). Bunch of jealous haters who don't have a fucking life...pardon my french but this shit brings out the worst in me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MyTurn View Post
    So what if Ray did? A 37 year old turning to sports science to repair his body to compete with men 15 years younger than him. From how the national media talk about Ray losing his ability to play football because of his age one would have to assume that drugs aren't helping at all. NFL players are using drugs to enhance their physical ability (except Todd Heap) to the point where it's a non-story unless someone has an agenda and wants to call it out. To me this is just like holding, it happens on every play it just doesn't get called very often.
    if this is true, it's a banned substance.

The key is really going to be, would/did he fail a drug test?

If not, not enough evidence to prove it. Maybe he bought it and didn't use it. I'm telling you, WHOLE thing smells of a hack job.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

This is from the PFT comments section:

jetsheartache says:
    Jan 29, 2013 12:20 PM
    Jeeze, let it go… The fact that the NFL has banned deer antler velvet is absurd. Its all natural and non toxic to the system. It is NOT igf-1… deer antler velvet naturally contains a wide variety of amino acid profiles. igf-1 is one of them, but its far from the lab engineered version, and dosed at a level so low that studies and scientist claim it should have ZERO effect on muscle development.

How about you give a guy some credit for bein a warrior and working through an injury everyone wrote off as season, maybe career ending. The guys a beast, i doubt a little bit of deer antler velvet spray is the reason he is what he is.
    I think this explains it very well. Don't worry about RL's reputation, nothing that can be said or done will change it in some people's minds.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    It seems like this company goes out of its way to record their conversations with players:

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2JO6wRpRc

Why so eager to have a recording of everything? A pen camera? Really?

Lewis would be dumb enough to directly call this guy and say "pile it up and send it to me"? Really? He wouldn't insulate himself at all from the transactions? Maybe he will say he didn't see anything wrong with it????

If IGF-1 is banned and you eat deer antler extract which contains IGF-1, then you just consumed a banned substance. Plain and simple. How could you not think that would come back to bite you?

Not good to see Merriman listed either.
    Isn't this story years old?

I remember someone pointing out that several athletes receive offers like this all the time and instead of arguing they just say "sure send it to me".

Does anyone have any proof he used it?