Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Final 2013 NFL postseason predictions

I think people are high on the Seahawks because of thinking they're this year's Giants or Packers. They do look awesome, but think them having a rookie QB will get them before the end. Good for them to have a young team coming up so quick. Still, the Ravens are the dark horse of this year, have been all year - if they get it together, they're running away with the Lombardi.

Wildcard weekend:
    Saturday 5th Jan:
    Cincinnati win @ Houston (The Texans just choked away the bye, think this is the end of the road for them.)
    Green Bay win vs Minnesota (One thing for the Vikings to beat the Packers at home, however impressive, but winning at Lambeau's something else).

Sunday 6th Jan:
    Baltimore win vs Indianapolis (A close game, to the wire, which the Ravens pull out.)
    Washington win vs Seattle (Very close game, this one could go either way. Don't trust Seattle on the road much, particularly on the east coast. Feel like being a bit against the grain as well).

Divisional:
    Saturday 12th Jan:
    Denver wins vs Cincinnati (Bengals'll fight, but it turns out not being very close.)
    Green Bay wins @ San Francisco (Even though the Niners beat the Packers at Lambeau to begin the season, feel like the Packers will somehow sneak one).

Sunday 13th Jan:
    Atlanta wins vs Washington (Comfortably 1st playoff victory for Matt Ryan).
    Baltimore wins @ New England (Ravens finally achieved their first close victory over the Patriots. They achieve another one).

Sunday 20th Jan:
    Green Bay wins @ Atlanta (Matt Ryan chokes, Packers win by a rally).
    Baltimore wins @ Denver (Peyton Manning does his usual choke job, Ravens win on a long Tucker FG).

Sunday 3rd February:
    Baltimore wins vs Green Bay (Ravens win in overtime on a special teams play).

I can see the Ravens winning at Denver or New England. New England particularly, as the Ravens always give the Patriots fits even if it usually meant failure to close out the deal. Flacco should never have lost to Brady. They've learnt how to win a close one against them now. They've not beaten us by more than a score since 2004 - which was in their prime.

I don't see us winning at Mile High on divisional weekend, but I do see us winning the AFCCG there. Having even time to prepare plus I think the Ravens will ride emotion and less expectation to win it.

AFC

Wildcard: Ravens over Indy
    Bengals over Texans
    Divisional: Broncos over Bengals
    Ravens over Pats
    Championship: Denver over Ravens

NFC

Wildcard: Packers over Vikings
    Seahawks over Redskins
    Divisional: Falcons over Seahawks
    49ers over Packer
    Championship: 49ers over seahawks

SB: 49ers over Denver

ONLY bc I live in Pittsburgh I would love for them to win so the got six crap will stop around here lol

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    I believe Denvers' current long winning streak will be their undoing.
    So this will be the Bronco's Bogeyman? Their winning streak? Really? Do you know how many people have lost at Roulette thinking this way?

Couple of things:

1. To anyone thinking the Colts game is a gimme, have you been watching the Ravens the past month? What about the Giants you say? Well, NY raised the white flag in their previous game against the Falcons.

2. To anyone thinking that the Bengals will beat the Texans, are you nuts? Is this the same Bengals team coached by the hapless Marvin Lewis? The guy who decides to kick a 56-yard FG with 3 mins left in a crucial game against the Steelers at the notoriously difficult HEINZ field, and predictably missed it, thereby giving the Pittsburgh the ball at their own 46??!! The Bengals-Dallas game shows that no matter how many advantages are in Cincinnati's favor, they will find ways to shoot themselves in the foot.

3. Because of #2, the Ravens will have to tangle with the Broncos at Denver who have a better offense, better defense, and a much better QB who has beaten the Ravens, what, 10 times in a row? The only chance the Ravens have is forcing beaucoup turnovers.

Broncos vs Falcons in the SB with Peyton getting his second Lombardi.

Well, at least Flacco can say he has won at least one playoff game every year he's been in the league and Ray comes out on top at home.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule2 View Post
    Couple of things:

1. To anyone thinking the Colts game is a gimme, have you been watching the Ravens the past month? What about the Giants you say? Well, NY raised the white flag in their previous game against the Falcons.

2. To anyone thinking that the Bengals will beat the Texans, are you nuts? Is this the same Bengals team coached by the hapless Marvin Lewis? The guy who decides to kick a 56-yard FG with 3 mins left in a crucial game against the Steelers at the notoriously difficult HEINZ field, and predictably missed it, thereby giving the Pittsburgh the ball at their own 46??!! The Bengals-Dallas game shows that no matter how many advantages are in Cincinnati's favor, they will find ways to shoot themselves in the foot.

3. Because of #2, the Ravens will have to tangle with the Broncos at Denver who have a better offense, better defense, and a much better QB who has beaten the Ravens, what, 10 times in a row? The only chance the Ravens have is forcing beaucoup turnovers.

Broncos vs Falcons in the SB with Peyton getting his second Lombardi.

Well, at least Flacco can say he has won at least one playoff game every year he's been in the league and Ray comes out on top at home.
    I've seen the ravens have the 4th ranked defense over the past 6 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I've seen the ravens have the 4th ranked defense over the past 6 weeks.

The last six weeks? Anyone can cherry-pick stats to support their argument. I was referring to the whole body of work, the whole season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...sition/defense

Blog Entries
    The last six weeks? Anyone can cherry-pick stats to support their argument. I was referring to the whole body of work, the whole season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...sition/defense
    How is it cherry picking if its what's happening now? It's all about what team plays the best down the stretch not on week 1

How is it cherry picking if its what's happening now? It's all about what team plays the best down the stretch not on week 1

Okay, fine, "what's happening how" is the Ravens losing 4 of those six games you were referring to, the Colts have won 5 of their last six, and the Broncos have won 11 in a row. Isn't that what matters? Wins and losses?

Blog Entries
    Okay, fine, "what's happening how" is the Ravens losing 4 of those six games you were referring to, the Colts have won 5 of their last six, and the Broncos have won 11 in a row. Isn't that what matters? Wins and losses?
    The bengals game doesn't count and the ravens played their best football so far against the giants.

Btw flacco has a 100 qbr at home and 15tds 5 ints and 296 yards per game avg

Blog Entries

The bengals game doesn't count and the ravens played their best football so far against the giants.

Btw flacco has a 100 qbr at home and 15tds 5 ints and 296 yards per game avg

:word

Me? I'm making no predictions this year, it's been so unpredictable, and frankly anything can happen in the play offs this time around.

Not sure anyone was watching it, but FWIW Chris Berman is going with a Ravens-49ers Superbowl. I like that match up but it's still a long shot in my opinion.

flacco has a 100 qbr at home and 15tds 5 ints and 296 yards per game avg
    So we can also conveniently forget about the previous three games before the Giants?

BTW, on the road (where the Ravens will be in the next game), Flacco's QBR is 75 with 7 td and 5 ints and 182 YPG.