Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Report: Seahawks Won't Sell Playoff Tix to Anyone in CA

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I like them even more now.

Good on them securing home field advantage. I hope Bisciotti takes note and does the same thing the next time we host a playoff game.
    Why would we need to? There's never more than a few thousand available once the season-ticket holders get their shot, and Ravens fans seem to do a pretty good job of snatching those up pretty quick.

If opposing fans make up 1500-2K of those in attendance (a whopping 2-3%), that's hardly a problem that needs solving. And certainly not worth the negative impression it would leave that we somehow need to take extraordinary measures to protect our "home-field advantage"

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Why would we need to? There's never more than a few thousand available once the season-ticket holders get their shot, and Ravens fans seem to do a pretty good job of snatching those up pretty quick.

If opposing fans make up 1500-2K of those in attendance (a whopping 2-3%), that's hardly a problem that needs solving. And certainly not worth the negative impression it would leave that we somehow need to take extraordinary measures to protect our "home-field advantage"
    1500-2k too many, IMO.

Blog Entries

I am in the minority but I like it. It just adds fuel to the fire. But it would really suck if the niners won and all the seahawks fans had to watch them celebrate on their turf.

Blog Entries

This is nothing new and Denver is doing it too. The problem is that you have to sell the tickets, which they obviously feel they can. 12th man

Look at it this way, if Baltimore had a home playoff game against Pitt how would you feel about fans selling their tickets?

They're basically doing the same thing and it's smart.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    1500-2k too many, IMO.
    It's probably more than that. Remember.. we are talking playoffs here, which means a lot of people can't afford the price tag and don't get their orders in by the cutoff date. I know for my cheap seats in 509, the playoff bill was always in the $250 range per seat. (for two games) It's not cheap. I'm guessing Seattle might have had more like 7k - 10k seats to unload and were terrified at the prospects of that many 49ers fans gobbling them up.

Blog Entries

Yep. Wish we did it too. Makes me want them to win it all even more.