Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Over the Top Stadium designs

Quote Originally Posted by NJRaven View Post
    the most interesting thing i saw was "impact seating" that rumbles with every hit lol.
    On a helmet-to-helmet, does a mallet fold out from the back and whack you on the head?
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The Niners new stadium looks fantastic ....

www.newsantaclarastadium.com/
    Maybe I am more traditional but Football should be outdoors. I far and away prefer the Niners stadium to that Oculus crap.

Ravens stadium will eventually be due for some renovations but a complete rebuild of a facility that is far from a piece of crap (M&T) is silly. A facelift and some amenities I can get on board with in a few years if economically things are better
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    This is why I am posting this. If the Falcons Stadium that was built for the 1996 Atlanta Olympics is getting old enough to replace, then the Ravens stadium has got to be close as well.
    Um, I think you have your Lanna stadia confoozled:
    Centennial Olympic Stadium was the 85,000-seat main stadium of the 1996 Summer Olympic Games in Atlanta....After the Olympics and Paralympics, it was reconstructed into the baseball-specific Turner Field.
    Where the Falcons play is 4 years older: "Not only is the Georgia Dome the home stadium for the NFL's Atlanta Falcons football team, the Georgia Dome has hosted some of the sporting world's most exciting athletic events since opening in 1992."

I don't think there is anything wrong with M&T Bank Stadium, but in this crazy "gotta keep up with the Jerry Jones'" world, do you think it is going to be time to build a new stadium for the Ravens anytime soon?
    Why do we have to keep up with The Gloryholer?

I don't think the Ravens need to, but a lot of times owners see one team get a new stadium they want new stadiums. Luckily I don't think Steve B. is one of those types of owners, but who knows?

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

I still think Seattle has the best stadium in the league.

Blog Entries

I think ground level images of architectural plans are more important than aerial shots, and the ground level shots of the pantheon plans, in my opinion, are rather attractive and not nearly as outrageous as the aerial view, which would only be seen from airplanes and from blimp shots during commercial breaks. It reminds me of the Brown Center at MICA, only on a much larger scale. pantheon.jpg
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Blog Entries

I don't like either one of 'em -- bah humbug! I miss Memorial Stadium! Granted, even I recognize there's limits on revenue in a place like that -- you can't charge those atrocious prices and expect people to sit on cold, sticky aluminum. But that just means the teams wouldn't make as much, if everybody still had stadiums like that. You know what though? There'd still be pro football and we'd still love it. Not sure I like the direction this is all going. Carry on.

Blog Entries

I have to say, I like the 49ers stadium more than either of the Falcons ones.

Just something about a simple, classic looking stadium...focus on the football, not the aesthetics.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

As someone mentioned before, it's about making the most money possible.

Whether fans in Bmore want to admit it or not, either retrofitting or a new stadium will be needed if we hope to compete. Yes, it is indeed about keeping up with The Jones'. This is an huge part of the Ravens being the franchise that is so admired.

We have a very "cookie cutter" type stadium. We did get the new scoreboards and HDTV's in the concourses. That's a good start.

I would love to have a stadium like Reliant Stadium in Bmore. For me, that's the perfect football stadium. There isn't a thing about that stadium I don't love (well, besides the team that calls it home). Sight lines, comfort, ease of entrance and egress, concessions, playing surface, retractable roof, sound system, etc. are all top notch.

As someone mentioned before, it's about making the most money possible.

Whether fans in Bmore want to admit it or not, either retrofitting or a new stadium will be needed if we hope to compete. Yes, it is indeed about keeping up with The Jones'. This is an huge part of the Ravens being the franchise that is so admired.

We have a very "cookie cutter" type stadium. We did get the new scoreboards and HDTV's in the concourses. That's a good start.

I would love to have a stadium like Reliant Stadium in Bmore. For me, that's the perfect football stadium. There isn't a thing about that stadium I don't love (well, besides the team that calls it home). Sight lines, comfort, ease of entrance and egress, concessions, playing surface, retractable roof, sound system, etc. are all top notch.
    The open concourse is a key thing when I think about the new stadiums.

I would love to have a stadium like Reliant Stadium in Bmore.
    It's nice but it would be a lot better if it were downtown instead of out on the beltway (or whatever you call it down there). Also, I sat in the upper end zone there one time and was staring at the roof structure. So not all the site lines there are great either.

It is pretty funny when you think about how far stadium designs have come since the 70's. The Astrodome was supposed to be one of the modern marvels or whatever, but sitting next to Reliant it looks like a dog pile...

Rinse. Lather. Repeat.

Nothing wrong with M&T, it's not going anywhere anytime soon. Next.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...