Page 1 of 21 123 ... LastLast

Flacco...just another inexperienced playoff QB

So says James Walker of ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...-in-final-four

I liked James when he was writing the AFC North blog...but I don't get, given Flacco's performance in this year's playoffs, and outperforming Brady in last year's playoffs, how you can make this claim:

Brady won his first title in New Orleans versus the St. Louis Rams 11 years ago to begin his storybook career. Flacco, Ryan and Kaepernick simply aren’t good enough to stop Brady from winning his fourth championship in the same place where it all started.
    There is a lot of other objectionable stuff in the article...the biggest one for me is just the fact that he's lumping Flacco in with Ryan and Kaepernick and using Brady's "experience" as giving him the huge edge in the upcoming matchups.

I am little surprised at myself for getting this riled up over another person's opinion, but geez, what does the guy have to do to gain the respect I think he's earned on the field? I know, I know, he needs to hold up the trophy, I get that. But consider:

In Flacco's last 5 years (we all know the #s): 7-4 (including 5 road wins) and 3 AFCCG appearances.
    In that same time, Brady: 5-4 (all at home*) and 2 AFCCG appearances.

*By the way, what would Flacco's legacy be if all of his 12 playoff games had been played at M&T Bank?

Neither has won the SB, although Brady got their twice.

And Flacco and Brady are 1-1 in head-to-head playoff match-ups.

Yes, Brady is "elite" and I am not saying Flacco is at that level. But I just don't get the lack of respect that continues....sorry for the rant. Just go win the damn thing Joe so we don't have to read bullshit like this anymore....
    Last edited by JohnBKistler; 01-14-2013 at 11:20 AM.

Re: Flacco...just another inexperienced playoff QB

Don't take anything seriously on ESPN (Extra Special Patriots Network). That's what I've started doing.
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

Let them keep hating.

Blog Entries

so theres nothing stopping Brady from winning now that the other Elites like Rodgers and Manning have been ousted.... except those teams that ousted the other Elites like Rodgers and Manning. Completely glosses over the fact that these other elites got beat and assumes an elite QB is the deciding factor in every game. In other words, its a poorly thought out argument.
    -JAB

ESPN is a joke.

Their NFC South blog writer is already ready to call Matt Ryan elite because he has one playoff win.

I'm to the point where I don't even have the energy to keep defending Flacco. And that's to Ravens fans. You could make a case that for his first two years, he rode the tails of the defense in the playoffs. But you could make the case that in the last 3, (2010 Kansas City, Pittssburgh, 2011 Houston, New England, 2012 Indy, Denver) he's been the best QB in the playoffs.

What else can he do besides hold up the trophey? Then even if he does, Ray Lewis will get all of the accolades.

Flacco is the Rodney Dangerfield of NFL players.

iggyman555 Guest

who cares fuck espn, this week is all about washing bradys balls

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    so theres nothing stopping Brady from winning now that the other Elites like Rodgers and Manning have been ousted.... except those teams that ousted the other Elites like Rodgers and Manning. Completely glosses over the fact that these other elites got beat and assumes an elite QB is the deciding factor in every game. In other words, its a poorly thought out argument.
    That implies that the argument was thought out.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    So says James Walker of ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...-in-final-four

I liked James when he was writing the AFC North blog...but I don't get, given Flacco's performance in this year's playoffs, and outperforming Brady in last year's playoffs, how you can make this claim:

There is a lot of other objectionable stuff in the article...the biggest one for me is just the fact that he's lumping Flacco in with Ryan and Kaepernick and using Brady's "experience" as giving him the huge edge in the upcoming matchups.

I am little surprised at myself for getting this riled up over another person's opinion, but geez, what does the guy have to do to gain the respect I think he's earned on the field? I know, I know, he needs to hold up the trophy, I get that. But consider:

In Flacco's last 5 years (we all know the #s): 7-4 (including 5 road wins) and 3 AFCCG appearances.
    In that same time, Brady: 5-4 (all at home*) and 2 AFCCG appearances.

*By the way, what would Flacco's legacy be if all of his 12 playoff games had been played at M&T Bank?

Neither has won the SB, although Brady got their twice.

And Flacco and Brady are 1-1 in head-to-head playoff match-ups.

Yes, Brady is "elite" and I am not saying Flacco is at that level. But I just don't get the lack of respect that continues....sorry for the rant. Just go win the damn thing Joe so we don't have to read bullshit like this anymore....
    Like you said don't get riled up:)...the 4 QBs mentioned are all in the final four so they are going to be talked about, scrutinized, criticized, praised and doubted upon.

Blog Entries

The whole thing is ridiculous.

From Merrile Hodge or Hoge (whatever) saying don't blame Peyton for the INT, this (70yd TD) should have NEVER EVER HAPPENED.

To Heath Evans clearly trying to blame officiating.

At the end of the day as we all see form last week when every analyst and expert picked the Broncos, opinions don't mean shit. However it just gets annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    I'm to the point where I don't even have the energy to keep defending Flacco. And that's to Ravens fans. You could make a case that for his first two years, he rode the tails of the defense in the playoffs. But you could make the case that in the last 3, (2010 Kansas City, Pittssburgh, 2011 Houston, New England, 2012 Indy, Denver) he's been the best QB in the playoffs.

What else can he do besides hold up the trophey? Then even if he does, Ray Lewis will get all of the accolades.

Flacco is the Rodney Dangerfield of NFL players.
    Trust me...I am right there with you...for whatever reason, this one got me going....I mean it completely, COMPLETELY, minimizes Flacco's record in the playoffs.

The Rodney Dangerfield comment is spot on.

I feel like the only unbiased reporting we can expect comes from the NFL Network. I only watch their pregame show now.
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less"--GEN R. E. Lee