Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Rookie Camp First Impressions

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Comparing a 7th round rookie to a pro-bowl/all-pro DT is not fair whatsoever. Of course there was a significant decrease in run-stopping once Ngata went out.

The fact that Tyson stuck with the 53 man roster from day-1 and played a fair amount, which is not something that many 7th round picks in Baltimore can say, speaks volumes on his upside. Many of us thought that Tyson would be a PS guy.
    Was not comparing them. Just pointing out he could not get the job done. I realize he was a rookie 7th rounder but he did not look good. The dline was not in great shape most of the year. That is why the team signed Spears and Canty. I just don't think Tyson will play into decision on Cody.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Was not comparing them. Just pointing out he could not get the job done. I realize he was a rookie 7th rounder but he did not look good. The dline was not in great shape most of the year. That is why the team signed Spears and Canty. I just don't think Tyson will play into decision on Cody.
    Well, he won't, but I don't see them parting ways with Tyson at this time.

Art Jones, who was a higher draft pick, didn't look too good his rookie year either.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

We lost Kemo and picked up Spears, Canty and Williams. Assuming we aren't adding 2 additional roster spots for the DL, somebody isn't going to make the team. Williams is a lock and I doubt Canty or Spears leaves. Who's out?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Gino is a lot more of a mauler than you're giving him credit for. In fact, many scouting reports on Gino indicated that his best qualities as an interior linemen were a nasty mean streak and a good run blocker.

Birk is a HOF-type of player. However, again, the NFL is littered with smaller interior linemen who have been successful. Gino at 6'3" 300-305lbs is adequately sized to play center in the NFL and we've no reason to think otherwise.
    ILMAO SOLO - You have a million and one excuses for everything.

You posted Saturday and I counter with Birk who played longer and
    was bigger.

After saying Gino was a finesse guy you're saying he's now a mauler
    too, so which is it? LOL

Personally, anyone who is a finesse guy at anything is a p*ssy. Gino's muscles
    in the pic above is nutten compared to those pics of Brandon Williams-lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post

was bigger.

too, so which is it? LOL

and you appear to live and die by what media outlets say... At least he forms his own opinions

was bigger.

too, so which is it? LOL

Brandon Williams is a monster, no doubt. To be fair compare him to Cody and compare Gino to Birk since he's replacing him. Birk entered the NFL listed at 300 lbs. and left 15 years later listed at 310 lb. Gino's size is similar to Birk's. If he doesn't play well he'll be in danger of being replaced like anyone else. I'll wait to judge Gino based off of his performance.

Blog Entries

I am beginning to hear that Arthur Brown was not that impressive at the rookie camp, and may not start this year. Anyone else hearing the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I am beginning to hear that Arthur Brown was not that impressive at the rookie camp, and may not start this year. Anyone else hearing the same thing?
    You can't just say you are hearing something without providing a source.

And if the coaches base whether someone starts or not based off a rookie mini-camp then I've just lost all expectations for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Although we don't run a tried and true 3-4, he's still making a big adjustment fro m Big-12 4-3 D to 3-4 AFC North D. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he doesn't start at the beginning. He's still learning the Defense.

It may be why we still have McClain

Then again it was just rookie mini-camp

Blog Entries

The only negative I heard on Brown so far was some beat writers thought he didn't really look like a big guy for a LB. Which is true, he's pretty small for a LB.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

The only writer...beat or not that I've read that was somewhat critical is Hensley.

He said that Brown looked small like a RB in camp.

He also said that he is very surprised that we are keeping Rolando McClain and he thinks the reason the team is sticking with him is because they may be thinking Brown won't be ready to start the season and McClain is insurance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

was bigger.

too, so which is it? LOL

There you go...making shit up again. I think you need glasses (among other things...)

When did I ever say Gino was a finesse guy? I'll save you the time because I have never said that. In this thread, leachisabeast claimed that Gino is more of a "finesse blocker" and paintballguy is the one who brought up Jeff Saturday.

If you're going to shit one someone for poking holes in your antiquated *Bigger is Better!* argument, then at least get it right.

Congrats on knowing how big Birk was. However, you're arguing with yourself and frankly you're wrong. Jeff Saturday and Birk were in the 1998 draft, so they both played for 15 seasons (1998-2013). Both were 2-time All Pros, both were 6 time pro-bowlers, both have a SB ring.

The idea that a "big" center is better than a "smaller" center because they're bigger is just flat out stupid. The only thing that I - among others - have stated is that Gino at 6'3" 300-305lbs is not undersized and can still functionally play at a high level as a center. I mentioned Chris Myers and Jason Kelce, who both are two of the better centers in the NFL and are under 300lbs...UNDER 300lbs (Gino is OVER 300lbs). Those two players are proof positive that it can be done. As I said before, it is all about technique. You want to claim that Jensen is a lot stronger, but then you state that he did 30 reps to Gino's 29 reps. WOW. A whopping 1 rep difference. Are you joking? THAT is your baseline? Give me a break dude.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco
    Personally, anyone who is a finesse guy at anything is a p*ssy.
    If this isn't a typical "Trap comment" then I don't know what is.

Guess what Ol'Timer? The NFL of 2013 ain't the NFL of 1975. Get with the now.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.