Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: GAME THREAD - Week 1 - Steelers

I REALLY wanted to see Sergio and Tandon against Pissburgh. Torrey has shown nothing to tell me that he's ready for this game, Tandon however, has. I guess they're goin with the time tested "speed kills" strategy; but unsure hands kill too...

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    They've already said Williams will be returning kicks. So that makes it more curious.
    More curious? I think it's clear what the game plan is, it's just not what we expected (hoped) it would be leading up to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    It's not politics, it's the kick returner option. Torrey will return kicks at some point today and we saw him doing way more of that in the preseason than Doss.
    LaQuan showed more as a returner than Torrey in the preseason. Sorry, I am just not sold on or high on Torrey Smith right now. Not that he won't be good, and not that he doesn't deserve time to develop. But he is not ready.

I'm gonna be a sourpuss and call it now. We lose this game in some insane, unbelievable fashion because Torrey Smith drops an easy one, or coughs up a fumble on a return, or something. (No, I'm not on the ledge; I suppose I'm just a cynic.)
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Mistake #1- Choosing Torrey Smith over Tandon Doss for the active roster. What good is Smith if he can't freaking catch?

I am guessing this means Williams will be #3.

I'm wondering how much Joe even trusts Torrey at this point. I'm sure he'll go to him when he's open, but I don't even trust Torrey to finish his route at this point. Maybe they'll just send him on 9 routes all afternoon. Who are we kidding the only reason he's active is for Cam's end around. :grbac:

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    LaQuan showed more as a returner than Torrey in the preseason. Sorry, I am just not sold on or high on Torrey Smith right now. Not that he won't be good, and not that he doesn't deserve time to develop. But he is not ready.

I'm gonna be a sourpuss and call it now. We lose this game in some insane, unbelievable fashion because Torrey Smith drops an easy one, or coughs up a fumble on a return, or something. (No, I'm not on the ledge; I suppose I'm just a cynic.)
    LQ will return punts, Torrey will return kicks. They aren't the same skill. Some people are skilled at both, but it's definitely not the same thing. I wouldn't be surprised to see LQ lined up at the third receiver spot.

Blog Entries

The Ravens have really tipped their hand early on offense. If you didn't plan to play Doss at least activate him so that the Steelers don't know right off the back that your about to try to smash the ball right down their throats. Different personal, same stupid decisions. This coaching staff will never learn. I am curious what is the point of having Allen active, its not like the Ravens are actually going to use him.

Blog Entries

C'mon Ravens. I'm begging you, beat them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    LQ will return punts, Torrey will return kicks. They aren't the same skill. Some people are skilled at both, but it's definitely not the same thing. I wouldn't be surprised to see LQ lined up at the third receiver spot.
    With the new kickoff rule we won't be returning many kicks anyway and even still Webb, Carr, Nakamura, and Zbikowski can all do it. Only one or two of those guys will actually start today.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    The Ravens have really tipped their hand early on offense. If you didn't plan to play Doss at least activate him so that the Steelers don't know right off the back that your about to try to smash the ball right down their throats. Different personal, same stupid decisions. This coaching staff will never learn. I am curious what is the point of having Allen active, its not like the Ravens are actually going to use him.
    Exactly. Doss for Allen makes too much sense... If we run with Allen he gets no more than 4 yards on the play. Then we run him again sometime later and he nets nothing. :grbac:
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Everybody picking the Steelers. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiMoon View Post
    Everybody picking the Steelers. I love it.
    You love everyone picking the Squeelers? Well, I love your avatar!