SHOUTS to DERRICK MASON

the first and for a looooong time, the only OFFENSIVE player to "play like a raven".
    I really wish he was here for this, even on the bench. I'm not sure if anyone deserved this more than him. Dude really played thru injuries more than just about anybody, and they didnt have any alternative than to put him out there, AND GO TO HIM AGAIN AND AGAIN.
    DEFINITE FIRST BALLOT ROH!!!!!

i would love to see him get obligatory ring
    i kno, he isn't on team
    So what, his hard as nails, never say die attitude is stamped on this offense NOW,from him!!!!

Blog Entries

Re: SHOUTS to DERRICK MASON

First ballot ROH? Do you understand ROH isn't a vote, it's basically "Steve B, who do you want to put in the ROH this year?"

Next year, is going to be interesting. If we really limit it to one a year, it's obviously Ray. But you also have Heap, who will likely retire as a Raven next year and, in my opinion, deserves to go into the ROH ahead of Mason.

Honestly, as big a presence as he was, Mason could be a guy that's borderline ROH to me. I think he gets there eventually, as the current franchise record holder for receptions and receiving yards. But he might have to wait, like Jamal did.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Mason was a Titan before he was a Raven. He gave us a great time while he was here, but he isn't ROH worthy IMO.

Heap has been promised the ROH by Bisciotti

They were talking to each other on the field in 2011 season when the Cards came to town.

Uh..what? Why are there threads being made about players who aren't on the team anymore and haven't contributed bupkis to this team's Super Bowl run? I don't get it. There are plenty of guys who played for this team in the past and did great while on our team. So what? If anything, we should thank the team for cutting Mason and Heap because if those two were still here, we're probably not even in the Super Bowl this year. Heap was a lifelong Raven and destroyed his body helping this team for a long time. Mason was already at that point when we snagged him from Tenn. In my opinion, Heap's more deserving of the ROH.

6. Re: SHOUTS to DERRICK MASON

Quote Originally Posted by scottie b View Post
    the first and for a looooong time, the only OFFENSIVE player to "play like a raven".
    Jon Ogden, Jamal Lewis, Shannon Sharpe, Todd Heap?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post
    Uh..what? Why are there threads being made about players who aren't on the team anymore and haven't contributed bupkis to this team's Super Bowl run? I don't get it. There are plenty of guys who played for this team in the past and did great while on our team. So what? If anything, we should thank the team for cutting Mason and Heap because if those two were still here, we're probably not even in the Super Bowl this year. Heap was a lifelong Raven and destroyed his body helping this team for a long time. Mason was already at that point when we snagged him from Tenn. In my opinion, Heap's more deserving of the ROH.
    It's funny because it's true.

Blog Entries
    Phail

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scottie b View Post
    DEFINITE FIRST BALLOT ROH!!!!!
    If that were the case wouldnt he have been in this year? I dont think he makes the ring of honor unless the team wants to continue putting people in every year just to have a ceremony. If they continue to do that they will need to redue the ring and make everyones names smaller because there are starting to be quite a few members in the ROH with a few more automatics that will be in there in the next few years(Heap,Lewis,Reed) and probably 5-7 years down the road Suggs and Ngata. Thats going to be a very full ring very soon

Kudos to the OP for the excitement but no, not RoH worthy.

And as others have pointed out, certainly not the first to "play like a Raven".

And why now with this thread?
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 01-27-2013 at 12:20 AM.

you guys all make valid points. Dudes have stepped up big time as go-to targets THIS YEAR, but last year, Heap and Mason were definitely felt as missing as being go-to guys. You could just feel it was missing, especially in the red zone. Before anybody says it...
    THAT WAS LAST YEAR
    only started thread because of the JJ thread and someone mentioned Mase in it

Mason gave a lot to this team, mind, heart and body ... no doubt about that. But for some reason I have a bitter taste in my mouth ... maybe it's because one of my strongest memories of him is his getting into young Joe Flacco's face (during the Carolina game, I believe) and grabbing Flacco's face mask. Sometimes Mason thought he was a lot more important or integral than he was.

Borderline ROHer.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh