Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Sam

Re: Michael Sam

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    One of the main reasons mccarron went so kate5 was his WIFES reality show.
    I think McCarron has a likelier shot at making the 53 man roster than Sam. McCarron has a reality show because his wife is amazingly hot. Sam has a reality show because of his life story. That and I think McCarron landed on one of the few teams that's as talented as Alabama.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Not a good move by Sam at all.

You can't say it's only about football and then do this...and then make it public after the draft.

He'll be famous and a money making machine for the rest of his life after football.

Don't see the purpose of this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Reluctantly agree. As much as I would like to see an NFL career work out for him, this could be a case of "git while the gittin's good" and cashing in. He is a fringe player, (7th rounders only make rosters about 53 % of the time, I read recently) so he could very well be in for no more than 15 minutes of fame. Maybe he realizes this and is capitalizing while it's there to be had. If that's the case, I don't blame him. If you could snag an extra 100k or whatever, why would you not?

I'm one of those people where I've gotten to the point where I just accept people as they are and get on with it. So to me, while I totally support the guy, I'm happy to just have it be about football now. I don't watch reality shows or biographies very often, and don't have any interest in this one (For that matter, I never saw 'The Blind Side' either...).

As to the Manziel thing, that is accurate. He'd be getting killed if he had a reality show. That said, his situation is very different.

From having his own show, to interviewing with Oprah, and drawing all the media attention like he is some 1st round superstar, this guy is just looking for attention. Given that he was drafted in the 7th round, it might make a great story if he were to become that superstar who was the "first homosexual who came out in the NFL, and was drafted at the bottom of the NFL draft"....blah blah blah. Some people would hold him up as something of an icon because of him being gay and being drafted so low. Well, as a football player, good for him IF he can become a starting caliber offensive linemen, but who cares about the rest of the fluff?
    IMO he's only a football player looking for attention

For a guy you all are sick of talking about you all sure love talking about him.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    For a guy you all are sick of talking about you all sure love talking about him.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk
    To paraphrase one of your earlier posts in another thread, this is a message board and we talk about this stuff.

Just heard a Jason Whitlock segment on the radio.

According to a Rams source, they had no idea about the reality show when they drafted him, saying he did not mention it once even though he had a deal in place before the draft even started.

Now it appears the show is on hold.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post
    Now it appears the show is on hold.
    Well that sucks for him and his boyfriend. SMH
    Last edited by lovefootball; 05-16-2014 at 09:14 PM.

Blog Entries

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Brilliant.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    A lot of guys cried when they got drafted.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
    Even the guys that went to Cleveland. That was the only detail the movie
    got right.

But on national radio they discussed at length how 9 yr old boys were watching it and with some confusion. A lot of people have issues with that especially the fathers who had to splain things to the little tots. The host and callers who had no prob with their gig had
    probs of exposing it to children.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 05-20-2014 at 10:04 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Even the guys that went to Cleveland.

But on national radio they discussed at length how 9 yr old boys were watching it and with some confusion. A lot of people have issues with that especially the fathers who had to splain things to the little tots. The host and callers who had no prob with their gig had
    probs of exposing it to children.
    Trust me Trap, kids get exposed to a lot more than that on Fox.

Rated R, PG-13, and PG ain't what it used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.