Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Re: 486 Yards of Offense

Quote Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
    After one bad game of bad play calling he has to go. No make it one half.

He called a heck of a game last week and a great 1st half. Its his first year here, give him a break after one half. Come on.

He had the wrong game plan for when we are playing with a lead yesterday as that is when the 3 man rush started. He will learn and it wont happen again.
    Don't think he's capable. Any coordinator who rushes 3 guys againt Vick just isn't that smart to begin with. Can't give him a pass for this. Its not like he was in the wrong scheme, he was just being stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Don't think he's capable. Any coordinator who rushes 3 guys againt Vick just isn't that smart to begin with. Can't give him a pass for this. Its not like he was in the wrong scheme, he was just being stupid.
    So what specifically would be your game plan for Vick, in terms of pass rush and coverage?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    So what specifically would be your game plan for Vick, in terms of pass rush and coverage?
    well we can't rush three now can we?

Little bit of perspective here guys... we gave up 432 yards (including 358 passing yards) and 26 points to Tennessee last year. Considering that last year's Tennessee team is probably not as good as Philly this year, and that we lost by one point instead of 13, maybe we should collectively step back from the edge a bit...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    LOL how bout playing a deep zone and leaving the middle open...oh yeh, that wasn't good either

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

They tried to rush three to discourage Vick from running and force him to make decisions into coverage, which, if you watch the game, he wasn't in the mood to run anyway. It didn't work and Celek was killing them. However, they never changed up.

If they try that mess against Brady, Flacco will have to put up 40 to win.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    They tried to rush three to discourage Vick from running and force him to make decisions into coverage, which, if you watch the game, he wasn't in the mood to run anyway. It didn't work and Celek was killing them. However, they never changed up.

If they try that mess against Brady, Flacco will have to put up 40 to win.
    FWIW, per Film Study's latest assessment while the schemes were vanilla the ravens only rushed 3 on 7 out of 34 passing plays. Brady is more stationary than Vick so I'm confident we'll see less 3 man rushes.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    When is the last time a Ravens defense allowed almost 500 yards of offense against them?
    486 yards allowed to the Eagles is the 7th most yards the Ravens has ever given up in 275 games, including post-season games.

The 5th and 6th most came during the 2010 season under Mattison.

The top 4 all came before we ever won the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I'm just saying there was a very good reason for the game plan they had going in. We did hit Vick. A lot. He just got rid of the ball well. The defense in this game was definitely going to be bend but don't break and it worked well for the most part as we collected two interceptions. The series we had on the Maclin TD was pretty good but Ed Reed failed to plaster to Maclin when Vick broke the pocket.

Now... I can totally understand where you are coming from but it's all about weighing risk reward. We easily could have won this game even with giving up all those yards because we only gave up 24 points. I would have liked to see Pees put a little more pressure on the Eagles offensive line when Kelce and Dunlap went out. That's the only real issue I have.

The defense you saw last week will not be the defense you see this week.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    486 yards allowed to the Eagles is the 7th most yards the Ravens has ever given up in 275 games, including post-season games.

The 5th and 6th most came during the 2010 season under Mattison.

The top 4 all came before we ever won the Super Bowl.
    Thanks for the research. Those are not reassuring stats. A return to Mattison era defense is not what anyone wants to see. At least in those early years there was an excuse because of a real lack of talent. That's not the case now.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    FWIW, per Film Study's latest assessment while the schemes were vanilla the ravens only rushed 3 on 7 out of 34 passing plays. Brady is more stationary than Vick so I'm confident we'll see less 3 man rushes.
    Yes. 3 or 4 rushers 26 out of 34 pass plays, for 284 yards.
    Two of their starting linemen go down, leaving only 5 available, 3rd string LT, backup center, and we don't blitz the shit out of them???
    Play our corners up, bring the heat and make Vick make quick decisions.
    I believe the Browns knew enough to pressure Vick.
    Did Pees not know about that?

There was no adapting on either side of the ball by either coordinator.
    It was the old insane notion of trying the same thing over and over that wasn't working hoping for a different result.
    I literally felt ill the longer I watched this game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    I don't know, guys. How can you complain about a defensive effort that netted FOUR turnovers? Sure, they gave up a lot of yards, but they also got off the field and handed the ball to the offense four times! The offense did almost nothing with the opportunities the defense handed them.

If the offense could have stayed on the field, the defense gives up a lot fewer yards. But they couldn't. Philly beat us in TOP by almost 10 minutes despite coughing up the ball four times.

This game is down to the offense failing IMO. The defense could not have done a lot more. Only giving up 24 points when you give up ~500 yards is not bad scoring defense. Look how many yards a few other offenses got today, then look at the amount of points they put up.
    How many Ravens defenses do you know of that blow two different leads, in a road game where the offense actually tops 20 points?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore