Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Secretary of Defense Kerry?

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    That BS came from officers who knew Kerry so how would you
    know and if you threatened your entire unit the entire group
    wouldn't like you either. Kerry did't even deny it when asked. Just
    said he couldn't remember.

Just try it sometime. You libbies just can't see the light.
    How would I know? That's may whole point Trap which you seemed to have missed. How do you know?

But what do I know. I'm just a dumb liberal by your standards. I didn't think it was possible for you to become anymore delusional.
    Last edited by Dade; 11-15-2012 at 11:30 PM.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Whenever I hear people fault Drudge I kind of laugh. Drudge has not reported on anything for years.

And he will link to Breitbart just as quickly as he will to Huffington Post.
    That was my unfamiliarity with it. The other day when it was linked the whole front page seemed to be about "swift boating" and the "59 districts". Came off as very right leaning from a glance, but maybe that was all that was really being reported that day? Ill have to keep a closer eye on it, it can still be a right leaning website if its linking more stories for or against, which the other day it certainly was. He was the dude that broke the monica lewinsky stuff, so it wouldnt be a reach to think he has some bias.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    That was my unfamiliarity with it. The other day when it was linked the whole front page seemed to be about "swift boating" and the "59 districts". Came off as very right leaning from a glance, but maybe that was all that was really being reported that day? Ill have to keep a closer eye on it, it can still be a right leaning website if its linking more stories for or against, which the other day it certainly was. He was the dude that broke the monica lewinsky stuff, so it wouldnt be a reach to think he has some bias.
    Drudge doesn't really link to opinions, if he does he labels it OPINION: Story yada yada.

It's good place to get news that's not reported by the mainstream media. i wouldn't rely on it as the only place to get your news from though....

He was the dude that broke the monica lewinsky stuff, so it wouldnt be a reach to think he has some bias.
    Oh he leans right. That's obvious. But I don't think him breaking the Lewinsky scandal showed his bias. Rather, it showed the bias of the MSM, refusing to report on the story.

It took a blogger from Florida to break the story all the while NBC news sat on it for months.

Blog Entries

Oh he leans right. That's obvious. But I don't think him breaking the Lewinsky scandal showed his bias. Rather, it showed the bias of the MSM, refusing to report on the story.

It took a blogger from Florida to break the story all the while NBC news sat on it for months.
    thats basically what i was trying to say. If he was liberal leaning, he wouldnt have broke it. so i guess there is a possibility hes neutral but like i said, going off the other day, it sure wasnt my first thought.
    -JAB

If he was liberal leaning, he wouldnt have broke it.
    This. This should enrage everyone no matter which side of the aisle you favor. The blinders that people will put on becuase of their political leanings is a cancer that is eating this country a little bit more each day. Somebody here said something about voting for the truth...no one seems interested in doing that anymore. Finding the truth out is hard and the MSM is making it their new job to keep it so...

For what its worth I think John Kerry would be a disaster as SECDEF...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by working_man View Post
    This. This should enrage everyone no matter which side of the aisle you favor. The blinders that people will put on becuase of their political leanings is a cancer that is eating this country a little bit more each day. Somebody here said something about voting for the truth...no one seems interested in doing that anymore. Finding the truth out is hard and the MSM is making it their new job to keep it so...

CNN Uses Video Footage Of Faked Palestinian 'Injuries'

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by working_man View Post

dont leave out Foxnews either... For every Huffington post theres a National Review. Problem arises when people think one sides doing something the other isnt. refuting and debating, is one thing which they have their good ones (ex. the two websites) and they have their bad ones (ex. the two networks). Its pretty equal overall, just need to sift through the garbage unfortunately.
    -JAB

The problem, IMO, is the people.

Very few people want fact based news. Instead, the vast majority of folks want to be told news that reaffirms their political beliefs.

So instead of the raw truth like we used to get in the 40's and 50's, we get agenda driven noise and the consumer (us) has to sift through the BS to try and find the truth. And even then, it's still vague sometimes.

You'll never remove bias from news. In his book "Bias", Bernard Goldberg illustrated perfectly the effect on bias in everything we do and its effect on today's media. Instead of recognizing the bias, it's denied for some odd reason. He argues nobody at the NY Times or at CNN (or at FNC for that matter) says "hey, how can we be biased against the right today". Instead, what happens is a subconscious reaction every human has based on their own beliefs. Since the overwhelming majority of folks who enter the journalism profesions lean left, it will naturally come out in their reporting (or lack of reporting, as we are seeing with Libya). There's nothing wrong with that, Goldberg argue. Where the media fails is their failure to admit it.

Pride is doing more to hurt the news business far more than the internet has.

Blog Entries

The problem, IMO, is the people.

Very few people want fact based news. Instead, the vast majority of folks want to be told news that reaffirms their political beliefs.

So instead of the raw truth like we used to get in the 40's and 50's, we get agenda driven noise and the consumer (us) has to sift through the BS to try and find the truth. And even then, it's still vague sometimes.

You'll never remove bias from news. In his book "Bias", Bernard Goldberg illustrated perfectly the effect on bias in everything we do and its effect on today's media. Instead of recognizing the bias, it's denied for some odd reason. He argues nobody at the NY Times or at CNN (or at FNC for that matter) says "hey, how can we be biased against the right today". Instead, what happens is a subconscious reaction every human has based on their own beliefs. Since the overwhelming majority of folks who enter the journalism profesions lean left, it will naturally come out in their reporting (or lack of reporting, as we are seeing with Libya). There's nothing wrong with that, Goldberg argue. Where the media fails is their failure to admit it.

Pride is doing more to hurt the news business far more than the internet has.
    Id agree with that. Have to add that book to the kindle.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Dude, really?

Dade has been a level headed poster since he came here. Does he threaten you that much you have to attack him like this? So what he leans left? You have to lump him into the "libbies" nonsense?

Trap, you need to settle down. Like now.

He knows officers and procedures but not those guys so he was taking the other
    side's position. I was just responding to his posts as Spam always says. He gave an opposite view so I just
    said Libby. People call my connie. That's what we are - libbies and connies. I'm a connie and I'm not the one who started
    saying that. Geesh.

I thanked him many times for his service to our country which was a lot longer than
    anyone else on here that I know of unless PoPs comes back. He always hit me for
    not going over and called me names that no one ever said a word about but at least I showed up which all the other vets on here acknowledged and I just described how I finally made the combat zone 30 years later as a civilian because I had an
    expertise nobody else had and the Army needed it there. I didn't have to go and was completely
    un-armed and have a citation from the Prez. Nobody in my family knew where I was. Told my mom I was going to the beach
    for a week. She almost died when she saw the presidential citation.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-17-2012 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    He knows officers and procedures but not those guys so he was taking the other
    side's position. I was just responding to his posts as Spam always says. He gave an opposite view so I just
    said Libby. People call my connie. That's what we are - libbies and connies. I'm a connie and I'm not the one who started
    saying that. Geesh.
    You didn't "respond" to my post, as I did ask you a question, but, whatever.

No thats not what we are, libbies and connies. I am not either. Plus I don't like to be called demonized terms. You may like that type of discussion where derogatory terms are throw around casually, where as I like a higher standard of conversation.

Do as you wish Trap...but when responding to my posts, if you can't converse with me at my standard, then add me to your ignore list.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller