Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Ravens and AD Far Apart On Deal

It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: Ravens and AD Far Apart On Deal

I would like to take this time to thank AD for his time here and wish him good luck in his future endeavors. We will not overpay for him.
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    I would like to take this time to thank AD for his time here and wish him good luck in his future endeavors. We will not overpay for him.
    Usual Preston disclaimers apply, that said. . .

If they don't work something out, my guess is they'll franchise him. No need to wave goodbye just yet!
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

AD is the creation of the system in place here...Tweeners arent for everybody....depends if he is willing to take less money in order to continue to be a playmaker or take the money and be ok......in the end, its always, always, about the money......adios.....didnt too much against that Colts O-Line, when people were on here claiming he would have a field day.

time to trade Ray Ray and sign AD!

I could see Adalius Thomas possibly screwing himself in this situation. The Ravens will probably franchise him, he will not report to camp, and have a down year. He'll end up never getting his big payday.

Just give AD his money. He waited for his turn. Now give him his money.

1. Just stop with the trade Ray crap. It ain't happening so stop talking about it.

2. AD does deserve his money, but he won't get it here. The only way AD stays is if he takes at or below market rate. Anything above that and he will be a former Raven.

3. I think the Ravens should give thought to a tag and trade of AD. Even if all we gain is a 2nd round pick, that is much better than a 3rd round compensatory pick at the end of the round in the 2008 draft. If I were Ozzie, I would get very creative with this and not just let AD walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    I like to see them franchise AD. Honestly, this past season and next were and probably will be the Ravens "window of opportunity". I hope they try to keep this past seasons team together for another year and make another run at it.

AD cannot have his payday here this year. If we franchise him, he gets a huge raise, and the FO may very well want to give him a payday next year, when hopefully we have some more breathing room.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    AD cannot have his payday here this year. If we franchise him, he gets a huge raise, and the FO may very well want to give him a payday next year, when hopefully we have some more breathing room.
    Then how do you pay Terrell Suggs next year?

Drew made some good points this morning on his show on WNST. In addition to thinking that the Ravens will NOT tag AD, he stated:

1. After flaming my tag and trade idea this morning, he stated that doing something like that to AD would be in poor taste. (After thinking about his point, he is probably right, but I am shrewd like that).

2. Drew still maintained that the Ravens probably view AD as a Ed Hartwell type player: very good, but not great. Drew said the team would never publicly say that, but they probably think it.

3. The Ravens won't pay 40-45M and a 18M bonus for AD, and if AD gets that on the open market, they will just let him go. If they give AD 18M bonus, Suggs would want at least a 20M bonus next year.

4. They'd only tag AD if they were close to a deal. We know that is not the case as Preston reported the Ravens and AD are far apart on a deal.

5. The Ravens will not overpay for AD. They will at best pay at market or even below market.

You do have to wonder if AD is a system player. Be that as it may, I would love for AD to stay, but I am back at thinking AD won't be back. I also do not think this defense will suffer that greatly by his loss.

You make a good case for why he won't be back. Ed Hartwell is no AD, though. That said, Jarret Johnson is perfectly capable of playing DL/LB, the only question mark is, can he cover receivers.
    Festivus