Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Brian Billick compares Conner Cook to Kyle Boller

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    Seriously WTF are you smoking?

Billick gave us a 13 win season.
    Billick gave us a 2000 yard RB
    Billick was here when we drafted (Suggs, Reed, Ngata, Yanda, Kelly Gregg, Jarrett Johnson, CMAC,Mulitalo, Jamal Lewis, ADALIUS Thomas, tODD hEAP, sAM Koch,
    Billick brought in free agents (Derrick Mason, Shannon Sharpe, Samari Rolle
    Billick coaching tree (Marvin Lewis, Rich Neiheisel, Mike Nolan, Jack Del Rio, Rex Ryan, Mike Smith, Mike Singletary, Mike Petine, David Shaw, John Fassell, ), all these guys became NFL or NCAA Head coaches.

Billicks teams yieled multiple pro bowlers and at times the best players to every play their positions in (OGden, Ray, Reed, Jermaine Lewis)

His winning percentage is just under Hard Head Harbaughs. But take a look, majority of Harbaughs wins came in the early portion of his career here. He is sub 500 in past 4 years.

He has no where near the coaching tree, or level of talen on this current Roster that was here when Billick was here.

The large difference between Harbaugh and Billick is that Billick had 1 good year from a QB (Mcnairs sole good year) If Brian Billick had a QB of Joes talent for 9 straight years Billick would still be our head coach and would probably have another superbowl title to his name,
    You're giving Billick a lot of credit for things he didn't do or had a lot of help doing.

And I'm not sure why a Harbaugh comparison needs to be made. But since you made one, take a gander at Harbuagh's playoff win percentage, number of losing season and overall win total. Billick wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire his last four years either.

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    Seriously WTF are you smoking?

Billick gave us a 13 win season.
    Billick gave us a 2000 yard RB
    Billick was here when we drafted (Suggs, Reed, Ngata, Yanda, Kelly Gregg, Jarrett Johnson, CMAC,Mulitalo, Jamal Lewis, ADALIUS Thomas, tODD hEAP, sAM Koch,
    Billick brought in free agents (Derrick Mason, Shannon Sharpe, Samari Rolle
    Billick coaching tree (Marvin Lewis, Rich Neiheisel, Mike Nolan, Jack Del Rio, Rex Ryan, Mike Smith, Mike Singletary, Mike Petine, David Shaw, John Fassell, ), all these guys became NFL or NCAA Head coaches.

Billicks teams yieled multiple pro bowlers and at times the best players to every play their positions in (OGden, Ray, Reed, Jermaine Lewis)

His winning percentage is just under Hard Head Harbaughs. But take a look, majority of Harbaughs wins came in the early portion of his career here. He is sub 500 in past 4 years.

He has no where near the coaching tree, or level of talen on this current Roster that was here when Billick was here.

The large difference between Harbaugh and Billick is that Billick had 1 good year from a QB (Mcnairs sole good year) If Brian Billick had a QB of Joes talent for 9 straight years Billick would still be our head coach and would probably have another superbowl title to his name,
    You deserve a gold star for this post.

Blog Entries

Don't want to get involved in the "Billick vs. Harbaugh" debate, but I just can't help thinking of their similarities :
    Billick started out strong, brought us our 1st Super Bowl, then his teams faded and he was fired.
    Harbaugh started like a house afire, our 2nd Super Bowl victory, and now seems to be losing his grip too. Deja vu? ,,, Bc

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You're giving Billick a lot of credit for things he didn't do or had a lot of help doing.

And I'm not sure why a Harbaugh comparison needs to be made. But since you made one, take a gander at Harbuagh's playoff win percentage, number of losing season and overall win total. Billick wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire his last four years either.

What are you talking about Billick shouldn't get credit for his coaches? HOW? Look at the long list of coaches I listed that were under Billick.

Here are the numbers and they don't lie.

Billick
    regular season (80-64) winning percentage .556
    Post season 5-3 percentage .625

Hard Head
    Regular season 85-59 percentage .590
    Post season 10-5 percentage .667

Not much of a difference there in the win totals.

The huge difference between the two is Billick went through a huge roster salary cap purge. Harbaugh has not.
    Billick also never had a decent QB for 9 straight seasons either. Harbaugh has had same QB for 9 seasons, and Joe only missed games last year.

So for all you Hard Head Harbaugh apologists what has Harbaugh done last 4-5 years? Not a whole hell of a lot.

Any of you who think Billick was a worse coach need your head examined. Billick could atleast run the offense if needed. Harbaugh cant do that.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Hey here is another one since you seem to know the numbers so well and are so sure my statement was so wrong.

Last 4 years of each coaches career. Guess who is the worse coach?

Billick (33 wins & 31 losses)
    2004 9-7 record
    2005 6-10
    2006 13-3
    2007 5-11

Hard Head Harbaugh (31 wins & 33 losses)
    2013 8-8
    2014 10-6 ( Make no mistake, if Gary Kubiak was not here in 2014 this inept offense would have started 1 season earlier and we never would have saw 10-6)
    2015 5-11
    2016 8-8

So if you want to talk about which coach has done more with less and especially in last 4 years of each career.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    It's true, Boller was surrounded by crap for most of his career. But it's interesting that Boller/Wright went 6-10 with Mason, Clayton, and Heap in 2005. The next year, McNair comes in and goes 13-3 with the same receivers.
    And in 2008 Joe Flacco is one scoring drive in the Championship Game away from the Super Bowl with Mason, Clayton and Heap. Amazing how a good QB changes everything.

Blog Entries

The one thing that I will always be grateful for is that, he alone almost made my dream come true. Randy Moss was almost a Raven. However, the Minnesota Vikings were a bunch of pricks who wanted to stick it to Randy and sent him to Oakland for less than they would have got from Ozzie.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I will always appreciate how Billick captured magic in a bottle with the Ray Lewis incident. He used that as the 'us against the world' mantra like a pro. Shut down the media, took the blunt of criticism on himself and rode it to a SB win. It was brilliant

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

One thing Billick does know is bad QB's. if he thinks Conner is comparable, I have to take him at his word and experience.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I will always appreciate how Billick captured magic in a bottle with the Ray Lewis incident. He used that as the 'us against the world' mantra like a pro. Shut down the media, took the blunt of criticism on himself and rode it to a SB win. It was brilliant
    Billick was the right coach at the right time. I'm sure you remember this :

"When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in. You carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the son of a bitch!' If you go in any other way you're gonna lose."
    - Brian Billick

... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Umm, maybe the 2000 yard back? (so the line couldn't have been THAT bad)

And there was nothing that forced the Ravens to start Boller from day one.
    Don't get me wrong, I loved me some Jamal Lewis but he seriously benefited from playing against the Browns that year to the tune of 500 yards alone against them(Nearly 1/4 of his season total in those two games). The other 14 games he averaged about 107 yards. Nothing to sneeze at but still not exactly Zeke Elliott and that line he's got. If the line was that good I would think he would have averaged ore then 107 in the other 14 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I agree. He was the perfect guy to bring in at the time he was brought in with that brash attitude that this team needed. Without him and that speech bit at media day I'm not so sure we even get to the Superbowl let alone win it.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I loved me some Jamal Lewis but he seriously benefited from playing against the Browns that year to the tune of 500 yards alone against them(Nearly 1/4 of his season total in those two games). The other 14 games he averaged about 107 yards. Nothing to sneeze at but still not exactly Zeke Elliott and that line he's got. If the line was that good I would think he would have averaged ore then 107 in the other 14 games.

Honestly the reason Jamal didn't get more yards was the Ravens had no receiving threats at all that year save for Todd Heap. If the Ravens had one legit WR, they would've been the greatest play action offense of all time because Jamal was regularly beating 8 and even 9 man fronts.

What he did was have one of the three greatest rushing seasons of all time because he had no other threats to help him out.

Shame on Ozzie and the Ravens for not getting better personnel.