Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: LOL - POLLS have libbies on suicide watch

I miss him and liked him. He called me the forum's Historian
    on a good day. I'm sure the MOD told him I've been
    whacked more than anyone but as I always said it was self defense and usually because of him but he knows his profession.

Back when he liked me I PMed a question about a memory prob I was having. I misplaced
    a hundred bucks, my license and credit cards and was losing stuff. I thought I had alzheimers
    so I asked him. He said no. I also asked him something about my past.

He gave me some great info and suggested putting my things in a box and even used a
    sports analogy about repetition like they do in camp. He said my dreams were good and
    I recounciled things with the past. I took every one of his suggestions and still practice
    them. BTW, I found that money a year later in an old jacket I discarded. I praised him on this board and thanked him publicly.

Then he zapped me good.

I just couldn't understand how a professional like him could waste so much time on a
    message board when most professionals don't have the time.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-07-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Anyway Ex and Jab, I've really enjoyed this discussion w/o all the insults I usually get.
    Thanks guys.
    I like a good debate. im not really against either side (except the extremists), i tend to describe myself in the middle, but i think people tend to make things more black and white than they usually are.

Ive lurked on here for awhile, but honestly i got the vibe it was just a bunch of conservatives ganging up on the liberals and bashing for the sake of bashing, so i didnt add much. Maybe thats not the case, and ill start to try and add something here. Hopefully there can be some bipartisan debating as well as governing... or we could all just go libertarian?
    -JAB

I hope you continue to post here JAB

And if you feel as if someone is being disrespectful towards you or your opinion, let one of us know.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I like a good debate. im not really against either side (except the extremists), i tend to describe myself in the middle, but i think people tend to make things more black and white than they usually are.

Ive lurked on here for awhile, but honestly i got the vibe it was just a bunch of conservatives ganging up on the liberals and bashing for the sake of bashing, so i didnt add much. Maybe thats not the case, and ill start to try and add something here. Hopefully there can be some bipartisan debating as well as governing... or we could all just go libertarian?
    That's why I stopped posting in here until recently. Well that and works keeps me crazy busy.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post

I've been in here longer than just about anyone except HR. I've been on 3 Ravens boards since 99. Admin Steve brought us over here from Scout's board, the old RN 2 board along with his MODs. I was in the football forum longer HR and remember when he joined but he and Galen were in this forum. The forum was a little dead til I started posting threads. There were a couple of other liberal posters whom I won't name that came on then and started gang banging me.

I wasn't the first with the name calling. JonBoy was here then too so he'll remember so will Mista T. They hit me and I hit
    them back probably harder so I got whacked but the conservatives often said I posted the facts. That's the way I fight on the net and in person but I can name them all and tell you what they said. About 3 of them stopped posting so in the last year or so it was mostly Galen after that but I've always enjoyed the forum and he gave us some good laughs.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-08-2012 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    and that is the democrats plan... to put as many of us on the "payroll" as humanly possible so they can assure themselves a solid voting block. Once your hand is out, it's easier to leave it there then pull it back and figure it out on yourown.

That's the Republican mantra, all right. They imply "Minorities want handouts, and don't want to work the way white people do", seemingly ignoring all the white people who get various types of government assistance (including plenty in red states.) You know as well as I do that they're not trying to get their prospective voters to picture white welfare recipients. That's why they don't do well getting minority votes. Yes, there are people fraudulently receiving assistance (of whatever kind), and those people should be found and prosecuted.

They're also not fond of government workers, ignoring the fact that people who work for the government buy things, which is good for the economy. When they lose their jobs, they buy less, just like private sector employees who lose their jobs.
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by OriAl View Post
    That's the Republican mantra, all right. They imply "Minorities want handouts, and don't want to work the way white people do", seemingly ignoring all the white people who get various types of government assistance (including plenty in red states.) You know as well as I do that they're not trying to get their prospective voters to picture white welfare recipients. That's why they don't do well getting minority votes. Yes, there are people fraudulently receiving assistance (of whatever kind), and those people should be found and prosecuted.

They're also not fond of government workers, ignoring the fact that people who work for the government buy things, which is good for the economy. When they lose their jobs, they buy less, just like private sector employees who lose their jobs.
    Where, exactly, in the original quote did you see anything about race? Oh wait, you're a democrat so racism is as natural as breathing for you. The rest of us don't judge on the basis of skin color, but what ever floats your boat.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Where, exactly, in the original quote did you see anything about race? Oh wait, you're a democrat so racism is as natural as breathing for you. The rest of us don't judge on the basis of skin color, but what ever floats your boat.
    Darb you could have saved yourself the typing by just typing what is probably still my favorite reply in this section "Hey look, projection!"

Yeah, you're right.

It just gets so annoying when they call us racist and it's been their party that has negatively impacted minorities than any other group of people. http://www.wnd.com/2012/03/the-welfa...ic-vs-reality/
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

The Projection line was always rich when nailing Galen.

My personal favorite:

Whenever I read liberals reporting about the goings-on of conservatives I always get the nature-documentary vibe. A liberal reporter puts on his or her Dian Fossey hat in order to attempt to write another installment of Conservatives in the Mist. I’ve followed this particular brand of reporting for years, it’s almost a fetish of mine. Most attempts fail. Of these lesser varieties, there’s fear "Troglodytes!”, mockery “Irrelevant troglodytes!”, condescension "I had to explain to them they’re troglodytes.” bewilderment, “Why don’t they understand they’re troglodytes?, astonishment Dear God, they’re not all troglodytes!, and a few combinations of all the above.

—*Jonah Goldberg
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Yeah, you're right.

It just gets so annoying when they call us racist and it's been their party that has negatively impacted minorities than any other group of people. http://www.wnd.com/2012/03/the-welfa...ic-vs-reality/

It's what happens when you don't read. Worse still, when you do read, all you read is dogma related to propagating an agenda, ignoring evidence.

I highly recommend, and challenge any liberal to read the book, "losing ground, American social policy from 1950-1980, by Charles Murray.

Aided by historical fact and information from the library of Congress, it explains why government social programs do not and will never work.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

Speaking of not reading Darb, a show polled a bunch of people that voted for OBY and almost all of them said O BUMMER
    CARE was the reason. All the white women said that. They like me paying $10 pr mo for their condoms. Thank you Sandra.
    However, none of them knew about the debt rising because of it nor did they care. When asked about the $18T debt, they
    said so what. Even my nephew laughed at it and I said you won't be laughing when you're my age and poor. All your money
    will be going to pay for it.

The population is so ill informed. As I keep saying, the most informed voters in the country are those of us in this forum
    and on scout and freepers.

Nobody gets upset about the debt except us and when we try to cut it we're crucified.