Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Player collusion in Seattle?

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I'll go with not. Smith is under a lot of heat I'm sure, with the cap being so flat and lots of veterans being cap casualties. I'll chalk it up to deflection. His letter is certainly not the smoking gun you make it out to be.
    at least my position has a gun. You guys are simply dismissing it, but people in the industry are not. I have commincated some of their opinions. You have provided nothing in support of your position. I have nfl media people talking about the same things I've been posting. You have your own words as your sole support. I'd say the scales tip in my favor.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    laugh it up. Albert breer and Aaron Wilson wouldn't be talking about it if it were bogus. You and others immediately ridiculed my posts. Now my posts are being validated.
    They are reporting what the head of the NFLPA is saying. Unless you are a quarterback you're going to be pissed at Smith. He screwed you. Of course Smith is going to try and point the finger at the owners. What choice does he have? Let him file a grievance. If there is any truth to this he will.

Blog Entries
    Pat Kirwan has talked about this several times. The market is flooded and the cap is flat. Plus drafted players are cheap and plentiful. A lot of FA won't get signed at all and it will likely be worse next year.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

You have provided nothing in support of your position.
    The MANY reasons for this year's pattern of contract offers have been expounded on ad nauseam. You've ignored all of it because you know you're right. This is a waste of time. Call us if the Feds get involved.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

You guys are simply dismissing it,
    We're dismissing it because there is zero possibility that it's true, and a heavily biased source saying that he's heard reports of concerns of it is about as far from a smoking gun as possible. Collusion requires that the owners are A. Working together in secret to keep salaries down, and B. That salaries are down.

A is unprovable, and there is zero evidence to change that. B is perfectly easy to disprove. Contracts and team salaries are public information. As of April 1, no team had more than 23% of it's possible cap space available and 27 of them had less than 15%. Clearly, teams are spending to the cap in the vast majority of cities. The ones who aren't are compelled by the CBA to get up to the cap floor soon anyway.

Positional devaluation is NOT collusion. The best punter in the universe will earn less than the 128th best cornerback. The best corner will earn less than the 10th best QB. That's not collusion, unless you also think Sam Koch should make more than Torrey Smith.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

at least my position has a gun. You guys are simply dismissing it, but people in the industry are not. I have commincated some of their opinions. You have provided nothing in support of your position. I have nfl media people talking about the same things I've been posting. You have your own words as your sole support. I'd say the scales tip in my favor.
    Your gun would be...?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Your gun would be...?
    D. Smith's Spidey Sense.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    We're dismissing it because there is zero possibility that it's true, and a heavily biased source saying that he's heard reports of concerns of it is about as far from a smoking gun as possible. Collusion requires that the owners are A. Working together in secret to keep salaries down, and B. That salaries are down.

A is unprovable, and there is zero evidence to change that. B is perfectly easy to disprove. Contracts and team salaries are public information. As of April 1, no team had more than 23% of it's possible cap space available and 27 of them had less than 15%. Clearly, teams are spending to the cap in the vast majority of cities. The ones who aren't are compelled by the CBA to get up to the cap floor soon anyway.

Positional devaluation is NOT collusion. The best punter in the universe will earn less than the 128th best cornerback. The best corner will earn less than the 10th best QB. That's not collusion, unless you also think Sam Koch should make more than Torrey Smith.
    right, i agree. i mean it's not rocket science to figure out that some positions are worth more than others ALWAYS and some positions have fluctuated over the years depending on who is available, how the game is trending, etc. qbs are the cornerstone of a team, even the ones who aren't considered 'elite'. it takes teams years sometimes to find one because it's the toughest position to learn and skillfully play year after year and you have to look no further than our very own Ravens to see that is true. likewise, while finding good offensive lineman is also pretty important, it's not so important that teams won't let guys walk if they're asking far above market value. everybody is spending, and the ones that aren't are waiting to see what happens in the draft or spending a bit to shore up other needs so that they have more flexibility in the draft. you can't even get two owners in the same skybox lol, let alone all 32 together 'colluding'.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    D. Smith's Spidey Sense.
    Oh, well in that case I guess it's only a matter of time before we'll be watching another legal battle here soon, right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    D. Smith's Spidey Sense.
    And guys like Tony agnone. And Aaron Wilson talking about the same suspicions weeks ago on Twitter even before this new letter. But hey carry on.

And guys like Tony agnone. And Aaron Wilson talking about the same suspicions weeks ago on Twitter even before this new letter. But hey carry on.
    Explain how there can be collusion in an era where contracts and team salary space is public information. Show me the teams NOT spending money, and you'll have evidence.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Aaron Wilson is talking about What D Smith is saying. It's the same thing.

That would be like saying there is validity to collusion because we are talking about Aaron Wilson talking about D Smith talking about how he thinks he feels something is up...