Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Merril Hoge: "Flacco best QB in the NFL"

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    He spent the past 10 years bashing the Ravens every chance he gets and now he changes his mind. That's the issue
    I agree I get that but we are champs!!!!!

Blog Entries

I don't care what Merrill or anyone else says about him. He doesn't need the approval of some talking head to validate who or what he is. I'm just glad he's ours, and he's going to be around for some years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Well, one thing, the list is interchangeable, you could move him up or down a little and I'd be fine. Second, I'm not sold on him either but he is still very young has a really strong arm and throws the ball really well from a ton of different angles, almost Favre-ish.
    I agree with ya... and I guess I saw him on you're "Tops list" but, when you get down to 12-13.. etc... you're just average. I agree that Stafford is average, or slightly above average. But average is still good. It looks like we are entering an era of great QBs, if these young guys pan out. It's not just Brady and Manning anymore.

Look at the list of Elite QBs back during the 2000 run.
    Kurt Warner
    Steve McNair
    Brett Favre
    Peyton Manning

as opposed to what's going on now
    Rogers
    Brees
    Brady
    Manning
    Flacco
    Ryan
    Rothlessburger
    Manning

and the Future
    Luck
    Kaep
    Wilson
    RG3
    Last edited by MinnesotaRaven; 02-05-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Blog Entries

RE Brady vs Big Jen. Put Brady behind that atrocious Pittsburgh Offensive line and see what you get.

Ben's ability to extend plays, avoid sacks, breaks tackles/sacks is huge. Brady would likely be out of the league if he had to play behind that.
    Which makes him a great, but given time I dont think hes nearly as accurate or reads defenses as well. The main thing that he has is that he extends plays long enough to overcome those deficiencies.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    He has outplayed Brady much more than two times.
    I guess you can say that. I was referring to the last two times they met, where its not even equal playing field as last year our D was much much better than the Pats and this year where our D was again playing at a higher level than theirs despite not being much better throughout the year. The Broncos game and their D is more telling about Flaccos ability than the Pats game, imo. That was a good passing defense and he still thrived. The "he outplayed Brady" argument isnt really mine but im acknowledging theres an argument to be had that hes better at least in some ways.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    He has outplayed Brady much more than two times.
    3 times tops. Only played against him 6 times I think.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Which makes him a great, but given time I dont think hes nearly as accurate or reads defenses as well. The main thing that he has is that he extends plays long enough to overcome those deficiencies.
    Hard to say. He's always done well against us...

Blog Entries

Hard to say. He's always done well against us...
    as bad as his line is, hes had plenty of occurrences that hes had time and just flat out missed. Similar to Flacco. Brady misses sometimes to im just nitpicking those instances and saying those two do that more often than him. When talking about the best in the league its really hard to rank them, especially different strengths/weaknesses.

I mean just saying I think hes better doesnt mean Id take him over Flacco either. I dont like his antics on the field, I dont like his lack of toughness, I dont like his age in the factor. Theres plenty of reasons to take Flacco over him, but i dont think thats ranking him necessarily better right now.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

RE Brady vs Big Jen. Put Brady behind that atrocious Pittsburgh Offensive line and see what you get.

Ben's ability to extend plays, avoid sacks, breaks tackles/sacks is huge. Brady would likely be out of the league if he had to play behind that.
    Exactly.

As a pure passer, you definitely give Brady the nod.

However, Roethlisberger's ability to extend plays and make clutch throws down the field, lead long drives, and elude sacks make him a very dynamic QB. If you pressure Brady, he makes a lot of errant throws. He has had the luxury of playing behind some of the best OL's of the past decade. He hardly ever gets hit. Roethlisberger, on the other hand, thrives under that kind of pressure. Also, at 240-245lbs, he can take off and scramble for extra yards too.

It is just my opinion, however, I think Roethlisberger is the more talented player.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Hoge bka "Poster Child for What Happens After Repeated Head Trauma" doesn't know what he thinks because he hasn't had a coherent thought in years. He says whatever the Exceedingly Stupid Prejudiced Nitwits program him to say.

Blog Entries

i respect a man even less when he can't stand for what he believes in..meril hodge go fuck yourself.

Blog Entries

I was in the gym and saw it - as always he's just trying to be controversial.

Top 5 - you guys really put Manning and Rodgers in there? Rodgers has won one playoff game in 2 years. Same with PM although different scenario. Yeah they have the same # as Tebow ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Top 5 - you guys really put Manning and Rodgers in there? Rodgers has won one playoff game in 2 years. Same with PM although different scenario. Yeah they have the same # as Tebow ;)
    It's a team sport. They are great QBs. Manning is one of the greatest of all time. If by Manning, you mean Eli... then I'd agree. I think it is debatable that Eli is even 2nd tier. But the fact he's won 2 SBs with incredible passes... he's considered part of the group.