Blog Entries

The "Affordable" Care Act

I wonder when people will stop calling it that..

Re: The "Affordable" Care Act

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I wonder when people will stop calling it that..

I've been calling it Obamacare the entire time and refuse to call it anything else.
    This law must ALWAYS be hung around his neck like the millstone it is. He cannot escape this, it is his baby and the destruction it causes must always be traced back to him. This is quite possibly the worst piece of legislation in my lifetime, worse then the Patriot act if you ask me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I've been calling it Obamacare the entire time and refuse to call it anything else.
    This law must ALWAYS be hung around his neck like the millstone it is. He cannot escape this, it is his baby and the destruction it causes must always be traced back to him. This is quite possibly the worst piece of legislation in my lifetime, worse then the Patriot act if you ask me.
    No argument here. The ramifications from this are going to be enormous. Just think about how much these people will no longer have to put in the economy. The worst is yet to come.

Blog Entries

My doctors call it crap-lol.

Many of us call it O BUMMER CARE.

My friend works for an oxygen supply company and they were dropped from Medicare's list along with many other companies because they didn't come under the new guide lines from O BUMMER CARE.

They're pulling out 3,000 pages of crap from the Act that no one ever read and the docs are saying - what's this crap? It's the law.

Even SCOTUS joked that hey hadn't read the act and I think it was Kennedy who said, do you expect us to read all these pages or can our law clerks do it for us.

I know someone who went for a sleep study and sleeps with a BI PAP machine for 15 yrs but he just went on medicare and they made him sleep for 3 hrs just on oxygen. He slept for 15 yrs on a BI PAP and couldnt get to sleep on oxygen so the test was inconclusive.

But Medicare forced that not the doctor because of all these new guidelines. So he has to go for a new study and they're giving him a sleeping pill other wise Medicare won't pay for his oxygen or the new bi pap.

Rush said this was gonna happen. It was gonna be difficult for old people. He said it every day for 4 years.

Speaking of old people, he said the guy who registered him at the study when he arrived said Medicare pays 80% which comes to $800 and Aetna picks up the 20% which comes to $300 but a lot of old people can't afford Aetna as a supplement. They can't afford the $300 so they get it on their credit card and then go into debt for that and other meds.

The ACT isn't making it cheaper for them at all.

I was arguing this on face book and a guy said I just got cheap insurance but that was just after the Thanksgiving Weekend when OBY raised the taxes for OBUMMER CARE by 3%.

I said your cheap insurance just increased by 3% over the weekend and you didn't even know it. ILMAO.

And the taxes are going much much higher. A girl on FB who worked in a record shop said she couldn't get on OBY's website to sign up for insurance. I advised her to call Aetna or any of the major carriers directly. She did and she got the insurance.

I'm lucky. I'll be able to afford Medicare which is $111 pr mo plus Aetna which will be $124 pr mo when I go on
    Medicare.

When I retired 9 yrs ago I paid only $80 or mo for Aetna and it covered everything with no deductables back then.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-30-2014 at 10:22 PM.