Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: The OFFICIAL Ravens - Patriots Game Prediction Thread

This is a home playoff game and no mistake. Our boyz will be hell bent for leather.
    After the last 4 games the Fans will be out their fuckin minds.

No Gronk, no Welker and our secondary has come into it's own.

If Flacco isn't wearing a brace and the OL pass protects at least as well as it did vs Detroit -

Ravens 31
    Patriots 13
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockDoctor View Post
    I just can't see New England's current group of receivers doing any serious damage against us, especially if our secondary brings the same physical game plan that we saw in Detroit.

Patriots 13
    Ravens 20
    Looks like Kenbrell Thompkins will definetly be back for the game this Sunday, and Aaron Dobson also appears to be on the way back.

Tom Brady won't have tight end Rob Gronkowski to throw to anymore this season, but a pair of rookie wide receivers are on their way back for the New England Patriots.

Aaron Dobson (foot) and Kenbrell Thompkins (hip) were on hand for the portion of Wednesday's practice that was open to the media, according to ESPNBoston.com's Mike Reiss.

The Boston Herald's Jeff Howe noted that Thompkins especially looked "really explosive" in a receiving drill -- a good sign he'll be ready for Sunday's meeting with the Baltimore Ravens.

Neither pass-catcher played in New England's 24-20 loss to the Miami Dolphins on Sunday, in which Brady threw for 357 yards minus Gronk, who tore up his knee against the Cleveland Browns in Week 14.
    Link

The Ravens have dealt with far more intimidating receiver groups this season, so my prediction remains unchanged. But the Pats will be stronger in the receiving department than they were last week at Miami.

iggyman555 Guest

13-11 patsys

Blog Entries

Ravens 26
    Patriots 20

The level of confidence in this thread is making me nervous. Call it paranoia, but I have come to expect that Belichick and Brady can make you pay for that kind of overconfidence.
    That being said, the Ravens are in great position to win. But the game is big,and could turn on a mistake- easily
    And the Beatdown goes on.......

Quote Originally Posted by Dark&Stormy View Post
    The level of confidence in this thread is making me nervous. Call it paranoia, but I have come to expect that Belichick and Brady can make you pay for that kind of overconfidence.
    That being said, the Ravens are in great position to win. But the game is big,and could turn on a mistake- easily
    I doubt that the team is overconfident. This is essentially an elimination game, and in this league you can be beaten by anyone on a given day. The players and coaches know what's at stake.

I watched the Patriots/Dolphins game and their offense is very methodical but lacks big plays. It's predicated on pass after pass of 5-15 yds as I watched them move up and down the field on Miami (usually stalling in the red zone). I think that type of offense is met well by our cornerback tandem. They're going to be in a lot of 3rd down situations and sooner rather than later I think our guys knock passes down or we get some pressure on Tom.

On offense it's more about the Ravens not getting in the way of the Ravens. There's no hope for the running game to emerge at this point but if it can at least be in the 3.5 YPC range it would help. Pitta, Torrey, and Jones need to get some separation and I'd like to see Rice utilized more for checkdowns and screens.

We have the special teams edge so I see a Ravens victory 23-17.

As usual the ravens are going to make this game a lot closer than it should be. IMHO, it will come down to red zone efficiency. See the link below. The ravens are 28th. No surprise there. NE is 15th. Neutralize Edelman because he keeps the chains moving.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat...ne-scoring-pct

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shambla View Post
    I watched the Patriots/Dolphins game and their offense is very methodical but lacks big plays. It's predicated on pass after pass of 5-15 yds as I watched them move up and down the field on Miami (usually stalling in the red zone). I think that type of offense is met well by our cornerback tandem. They're going to be in a lot of 3rd down situations and sooner rather than later I think our guys knock passes down or we get some pressure on Tom.

On offense it's more about the Ravens not getting in the way of the Ravens. There's no hope for the running game to emerge at this point but if it can at least be in the 3.5 YPC range it would help. Pitta, Torrey, and Jones need to get some separation and I'd like to see Rice utilized more for checkdowns and screens.

We have the special teams edge so I see a Ravens victory 23-17.
    Both of their WRs were out against Miami, their receiving threat was Edelman. It will be different this week assuming those guys are back.

Pats rarely lose two in a row, I'm a little worried about this one, especially considering how awful our offense has been. Hoping they can find a way

Ravens 22
    Pats 21

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark&Stormy View Post
    Well it's a good thing that none of us posting on the thread are actually playing on the field then :P

11. Re: The OFFICIAL Ravens - Patriots Game Prediction Thread

31-7 Ravens

Blog Entries

just heard that Nate Solder suffered his 2nd concussion in two weeks - likely will not play. They'll slide the guard over to LT

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!