Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ravens have the best dropped passes rate in the league

ProFootballFocus has a neat little article up about which receiving corps is dropping the most passes. Despite the infamous drops that have haunted us in the past, the Ravens have only 13 drops on the year, and the best drop rate in the league - 3.8%.

I think there are still serious issues in our passing game, but it is reassuring to see them (and other elements of the team) trending towards minimizing mistakes.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...passes-per-qb/

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens have the best dropped passes rate in the league

This is what I've been trying to say, but according to some people around here we are just average in this department.

It would seem that they all belong to Dixon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    ProFootballFocus has a neat little article up about which receiving corps is dropping the most passes. Despite the infamous drops that have haunted us in the past, the Ravens have only 13 drops on the year, and the best drop rate in the league - 3.8%.

I think there are still serious issues in our passing game, but it is reassuring to see them (and other elements of the team) trending towards minimizing mistakes.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...passes-per-qb/

Without seeing the passing attempts for each QB in the list it makes me wonder what our drop # would look like if we threw as often as some of the QBs listed in the top 6 or 7. However my "eye" test does tell me that we've drop far less passes than we did last year.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Without seeing the passing attempts for each QB in the list it makes me wonder what our drop # would look like if we threw as often as some of the QBs listed in the top 6 or 7. However my "eye" test does tell me that we've drop far less passes than we did last year.
    Being a % I think it would be the same.

They've only gave boldin one drop, as others have pointed out he had four in one game.

Blog Entries
    Yeah that doesn't look accurate to me

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    This is what I've been trying to say, but according to some people around here we are just average in this department.
    DITTO.

The pass defense has really improved last couple of games in KC and Piss.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    We pass the ball 59 % percent of the time, ranked 7th in the league right now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    They've only gave boldin one drop, as others have pointed out he had four in one game.
    Yes but other teams live with that too, I don't care what anyone says, our receivers have been great so far this year in terms of catching the ball.

IMO tapping a wildly thrown ball in the air with your hand should not count as a drop.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Yes but other teams live with that too, I don't care what anyone says, our receivers have been great so far this year in terms of catching the ball.

IMO tapping a wildly thrown ball in the air with your hand should not count as a drop.
    You are trying to generically say that other teams deal with it and that does nothing to quantify the full effect for each individual team.

It only shows Boldin to have one drop, when he had four in one game. So, how could it possibly show the full effect of two of those drops coming on third down, etc.?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    You are trying to generically say that other teams deal with it and that does nothing to quantify the full effect for each individual team.

It only shows Boldin to have one drop, when he had four in one game. So, how could it possibly show the full effect of two of those drops coming on third down, etc.?
    It doesn't show "full effect," but the onus is on you to prove that our team drops more meaningful passes than the rest of the teams. There is no reason to believe our team is any different than others when it comes to the type and meaningfulness of passes that we drop. At least no reason until someone provides one that makes sense or is supported by evidence.