Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens closing in on Division record

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Thanks Silver for having my back on the other thread with paintballguy.

Harbaugh has been a damn good coach but its about winning titles. Period.

BTW after seeing your pic as Bain I've put a reminder out to myself to never ever fuck with you!

Scary dude!
    Bane is one of the worst Batman villains... :p

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Bane is one of the worst Batman villains... :p
    Not in the comics. Bane was great there. For some reason that can't seem to translate that character into any other medium properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Give me a break. Harbs has only been a coach for 4 years. It's not like he's been here 10 years and never won.
    There have been a number of coaches that have had success right from the get go: Vince Lombardi, Joe Gibbs, Bill Walsh, George Halas, Jimmy Johnson, Weeb Ewbank and Bill Parcells all won a title by year 4.

Then, there have been a number of really good coaches that have never worn the ring: Marty Schottenheimer (13 playoff teams), Bud Grant (12 playoff teams), Chuck Knox (11 playoff teams), Dan Reeves and Andy Reid (both with 9 playoff teams).

Then there are the late bloomers.
    9 years (and his second team) before coach A won a title.
    11 years before coach B won a title.
    8 years before coach C won a title.
    5 years before coach D won a title.
    6 years (and his second team) before coach E won a title.
    13 years before coach F won a title.
    11 years (and his second team) before coach G won a title.

Coach A = Don Shula
    Coach B = Tom Landry
    Coach C = Curley Lambeau
    Coach D = Chuck Knoll
    Coach E = Bill Belichik
    Coach F = Bill Cowher
    Coach G = Tom Coughlin

We know Harbaugh isn't part of the first group, but is he in the second group, or the third? Choose wisely...
    Last edited by JohnBKistler; 11-16-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    True, but how many years does it take to realize that Cam can be as stubborn as a mule, often at the worst times? And for Harbs not to step in when Cam is completely soiling the linens?
    In 2011: Jets, 1st Texans, Jaguars, Seahawks, Chargers, Texans (Playoffs) were all games were Cam either didn't run the ball or didn't adjust to what the opposing D was doing (at least not until someone forced him too) or both.
    That's 5 reg. season games and 1 playoff game, 6 out of 18 games, or 1 out of 3 where Cam calls a crap game. And Harbs doesn't step in soon enough/not at all.
    I wanted Cam gone after last year, but I understood why they extended him because of losing Pagano to the Colts and the lockout.

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    I still don't understand why some people want Harbaugh gone. (Other than his loyalty to Cam and keeping him around, but still)

Article link
    Because hes bad with clock management and is a bad judge of talent.

That said, I do like him, but it would not make me upset to see him gone

6. Re: Ravens closing in on Division record

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post

It would upset me because I get the sense he will eventually figure it all out as he is a smart guy. I see him as one of those late bloomers that JohnBKistler mentioned a few posts up. I just want him to hurry up and bloom already :P

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post

Bad judge of talent?

Please explain.

It's funny to see this article, which explains that Baltimore has been consistently winning for the past four years.... consistently in the playoffs.... consistently beating our competition in the division.... and yet still people are calling for the coach's head.

We're lucky to have Harbaugh. I can only imagine the epic fail the past few years would have been if Rex Ryan had been given the job.

Also, I draw comics for a living and spend a lot of time at conventions across the country. I've seen a TON of cosplay (and by ton I mean rolls and rolls of fat stuffed into spandex) and this is the best Bane cosplay I've ever seen. Bring your ass to the Baltimore Comic Con next fall if you want to get some appreciation.

"Ravens Closing in on Division Record"

Annnnd again

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    There have been a number of coaches that have had success right from the get go: Vince Lombardi, Joe Gibbs, Bill Walsh, George Halas, Jimmy Johnson, Weeb Ewbank and Bill Parcells all won a title by year 4.

Then, there have been a number of really good coaches that have never worn the ring: Marty Schottenheimer (13 playoff teams), Bud Grant (12 playoff teams), Chuck Knox (11 playoff teams), Dan Reeves and Andy Reid (both with 9 playoff teams).

Then there are the late bloomers.
    9 years (and his second team) before coach A won a title.
    11 years before coach B won a title.
    8 years before coach C won a title.
    5 years before coach D won a title.
    6 years (and his second team) before coach E won a title.
    13 years before coach F won a title.
    11 years (and his second team) before coach G won a title.

Coach A = Don Shula
    Coach B = Tom Landry
    Coach C = Curley Lambeau
    Coach D = Chuck Knoll
    Coach E = Bill Belichik
    Coach F = Bill Cowher
    Coach G = Tom Coughlin

We know Harbaugh isn't part of the first group, but is he in the second group, or the third? Choose wisely...
    Ah, perspective........
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata_Ate_My_Lunch View Post
    It's funny to see this article, which explains that Baltimore has been consistently winning for the past four years.... consistently in the playoffs.... consistently beating our competition in the division.... and yet still people are calling for the coach's head.

We're lucky to have Harbaugh. I can only imagine the epic fail the past few years would have been if Rex Ryan had been given the job.

Also, I draw comics for a living and spend a lot of time at conventions across the country. I've seen a TON of cosplay (and by ton I mean rolls and rolls of fat stuffed into spandex) and this is the best Bane cosplay I've ever seen. Bring your ass to the Baltimore Comic Con next fall if you want to get some appreciation.
    Hey, I apologize if someone else asked this and I missed it over the other pages of this thread, but who are you? I'm a big comics fan and would be interested to know if you're someone whose work I'm already familiar with, and if not, I'd love to check your stuff out!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata_Ate_My_Lunch View Post

That's because if there is anyone who really is on Venom it would be Captain Silver.