Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Coaching Change?

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    I sent a note to a source and typically if I'm wrong, they will tell me. If right there's no response or a confirmation.

I asked about Dan Patrick's statements. No response.
    Tony, correct me if I am wrong, but I remember you saying Decosta got on you for (something like) reporting a story without confirmation and told you basically what you just said.

All that said, is Decosta the source (fingers crossed)

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Nestor is quoting someone else. Those are not his words.
    Appreciate the clarification...
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Interesting Tony.

So, by your experiences...have you any insight into the general feeling about the offensive side of the ball in the locker room/coaches office/front office?

I cannot fathom that they are all "ok" with how the offense has played on the road this year.
    I think there's a bit of a disconnect between the coaches and scouts. And that highly publicized "near mutiny" was put out there on a national level for a reason due to the happy ending, IMO.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    More like a Christmas Present that's 3 years late!!
    IF, IF, which I doubt, then indeed it will be. I may need to call out of work tomorrow, because I'll be celebrating all night. More likely, it will be that feeling of getting a fruitcake for Christmas.

Blog Entries

i did wonder if this might not be a bunch of smoke and mirrors by the PR department to maybe take some focus away from the two losses and not have people outright kicking the team to death...

but seems it might be true.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I think there's a bit of a disconnect between the coaches and scouts.
    Never...never a good thing.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Tony, correct me if I am wrong, but I remember you saying Decosta got on you for (something like) reporting a story without confirmation and told you basically what you just said.

All that said, is Decosta the source (fingers crossed)
    DeCosta never said those words to me. That came from another contact.

If this all is true, I think it came down from the top. How does Bisciotti know what to pay Flacco if he's still attached to Cameron? Is it Cam? Is it Flacco? Is it Harbaugh? Is it 2 or 3 of the above? Maybe the next 4 games will tell us something.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Do you both mean D'Angelo Hall?
    LOL. Yeah I don't know why I said Dante...

Blog Entries

DeCosta never said those words to me. That came from another contact.

If this all is true, I think it came down from the top. How does Bisciotti know what to pay Flacco if he's still attached to Cameron? Is it Cam? Is it Flacco? Is it Harbaugh? Is it 2 or 3 of the above? Maybe the next 4 games will tell us something.
    I think it's the combination.

I agree and can see Biscotti stepping in. A closed door meeting..... That usually means very sensitive. Its 11:15. Harbs usually speaks at 4 we should know something then unless the team decides to leak it before which i dont think will happen knowing how good they are at keeping things quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I think it's the combination.
    Its Cam if anyone, Harbs is a Special teams minded coach and Cam has taken the most heat the past few sesasons. Thats why caldwell was brought in.

Since one person said its on a side of the ball we wont expect. How do they know what we expect? The defense has been incosistant but so has the offense but we are 9-4.

The longer these rumors sit out in the light of day, the more I think it's Cam. Consider ....

** Zorn gets fired at the end of the 2010 season and Cam takes the duel roll of OC & QB's coach.
    ** Harbs pulls QB coaching duties from Cam and they bring in Caldwell in 2011.
    ** Cam is "extended" but not one word of the contract terms, compensation, etc.
    ** Team has melt down yet Harbs looks like gold at the end of it.
    ** Harbs is seen more than once yelling at Cam during the game yesterday, one of which was right after the offense strolled off the filed for the first half with time still on the clock.

Lot's of circumstances stacking up here ....