Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: They Should Have Played The Ravens Game in

ok,to begin this whole situation just pisses me off.i understand mother nature did her thing.very sad news and hopefully we can see the state of texas come out with the least amount of fatalities as possible.

but my issue is the NFL knew for days i even wanna say a week ago they knew this big bitch was coming.yet,they didnt act on it.and still wanted to play the game in houston.i understand the money,cost,fans, etc...but why not move the game up the way to dallas.nobody wanted this to happen but it did and we need to find ways to overcome it.its life!!!!!if they take away the ravens bye week its total BULLSHIT and mr.roger goodell needs to get a grip on what to do on how to keep things fair and the "integrity" of the league in tact.

i might be wrong but would it hurt to move the playoffs back a week and the bye week before the wild card weekend and play the game then?????just a thought not sure if it is possible.....

There is no way they can force both these teams to have a bye week in week 2, it would be a huge disadvantage to both teams, and I would hope the Ravens and Texans have big enough balls to stand up to NFL. I am not taking anything away from the tradegy in texas but like it has been said before the NFL and the whole country knew this thing was coming and the NFL Fu**ed up, you can not penailze these programs for thier stupidy
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

The NFL certainly could have put it's foot down, but this mess falls mainly on the shoulders of the Texans ownership. They weren't going to give up the revenue for moving a game to another city. They would have had to refund all the money to the season ticket holders and would have lost out on parking and concession revenue as well. They decided to gamble by pushing the game back a day and they lost. The Ravens will get screwed out of a bye week as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    There is no way they can force both these teams to have a bye week in week 2, it would be a huge disadvantage to both teams, and I would hope the Ravens and Texans have big enough balls to stand up to NFL. I am not taking anything away from the tradegy in texas but like it has been said before the NFL and the whole country knew this thing was coming and the NFL Fu**ed up, you can not penailze these programs for thier stupidy
    well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    There is no other way to do it. They can either play at another location which screws the Texans out of a boatload of revenue, or they can move back the playoffs and extend the season a week. That will never happen because it is almost impossible to change the date of the Superbowl, and I don't think the NFL wants to give up that extra week between the Championship games and the Superbowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    There is no other way to do it. They can either play at another location which screws the Texans out of a boatload of revenue, or they can move back the playoffs and extend the season a week. That will never happen because it is almost impossible to change the date of the Superbowl, and I don't think the NFL wants to give up that extra week between the Championship games and the Superbowl.
    I think they need to tell the Texans to go screw themselves, they were givin the opportunity to have the game moved to Monday, but it is not going to work so now the game is going to Atlanta. The Saints had to do it now they should have to, you CAN NOT force these teams to take a bye now and if houstons ownership wants it this way to regain revenue then they are one of the most disfunctional franchises around, becuase they are only screwing there players and IMO taking a bye in week two will drastically change the outcome of both teams seasons.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

I think they're learning from the Saints situation by not taking it to a neutral site. After Katrina they sent the Saints vs Giants game from N'Awlins to New York, so not only taking away HFA from the Saints but they gave HFA to the "away" team. I don't agree with the decision to postpone the game, but home games are precious for the advantage and the revenue, I can understand not wanting to screw the Texans over by misfortune from the weather.

I just wonder why they didn't plan in advance, there's plenty of big stadia elsewhere in Texas (Texas Stadium, Alamo Dome etc.) that can cope with an NFL game and with fore planning could've seen the Texans' loss of revenue mitigated if the NFL had got their arses in gear earlier on in the week.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    I think they're learning from the Saints situation by not taking it to a neutral site. After Katrina they sent the Saints vs Giants game from N'Awlins to New York, so not only taking away HFA from the Saints but they gave HFA to the "away" team. I don't agree with the decision to postpone the game, but home games are precious for the advantage and the revenue, I can understand not wanting to screw the Texans over by misfortune from the weather.

I just wonder why they didn't plan in advance, there's plenty of big stadia elsewhere in Texas (Texas Stadium, Alamo Dome etc.) that can cope with an NFL game and with fore planning could've seen the Texans' loss of revenue mitigated if the NFL had got their arses in gear earlier on in the week.
    One would have thought so. But because of that total incompetence, both the Ravens and the Texans might have to suffer. [I] just saw it on ESPN that the game is now going to be played in our bye week. That means that the Ravens will have 3 road games in succession AND 5 road games out of 6. I don't think a team will EVER have been screwed so royally in the history of the NFL. This is just ridiculous.

Blog Entries

The Texans AND the NFL dropped the ball on this one. As 'Purpleguy' said, the Texans' ownership thought they could push it back a day, hoping nothing major would happen to Reliant, but obviously several roof panels blew off....now the Ravens' are losing an important bye week in the middle of the year....

Thyrl Nelson of WNST had a wonderful idea.

- Move Rav vs Tex to Baltimore
    - Move Rav vs Raiders to Oakland
    - Move Tex vs Raiders to Houston

and abracadabra --- everyone has 8 home and 8 road games

Let's not be fooled by the "they had no other choice" excuses. They had better options than switching the bye weeks, they just didn't choose them. The Houston Astros will be playing 2 games in Milwaukee on Sunday and Monday. I see no reason why the Texans can't be here for a game Monday night.

ALL of you would be calling for the decapation of Bisciotti had the Ravens lost a home game and SB did nothing.

The fact the owner of the Texans fought to keep a home game is the exact same expectation that ALL of you would have on SB had this storm happened in B'more.

This whole debate has taken a turn into the surreal.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    ALL of you would be calling for the decapation of Bisciotti had the Ravens lost a home game and SB did nothing.

- Move Rav vs Tex to Baltimore
    - Move Rav vs Raiders to Oakland
    - Move Tex vs Raiders to Houston

and abracadabra --- everyone has 8 home and 8 road games
    Some might say I'm not a smart fella but at this point I still have enough fingers to count to eight. Hence, no team or fanbase loses any home games.