Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ben

Blog Entries

Re: Big Ben

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    If it really is a sprained shoulder, he will be out for at least a few weeks, there is no getting away from that. Its not as if jen hasnt sat out games in the past.
    No one knows what the injury is. PFT is describing it as unusual. The Steelers are saying it needs to be evaluated. Watch them drag this out as long as possible to keep the Ravens guessing

Blog Entries

Is it his throwing shoulder?

Even if it is a sprain, it's going to impact his ability to throw it down field.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    No one knows what the injury is. PFT is describing it as unusual. The Steelers are saying it needs to be evaluated. Watch them drag this out as long as possible to keep the Ravens guessing
    This is going to be a long week....

Blog Entries

He'll be out there playing. It's not like anyone from our D is going to get through to touch him and make it worse.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Not all Steelers fans. The usual mix is more like it. I thought it would be close, but I expected a win. After all, the Chiefs played the Ravens pretty close and that one could have went either way. I would say a bit of luck did come in to play, but after last week, I guess it all evens out in the long run. The injuries suck though. To beat a team like the Ravens with injuries ain't so bad, but to the Chiefs? It looks as if the Steelers playoff run may have come to a screeching halt! Grrrrrr . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    I was not impressed at all with the Steelers watching them play last night. KC had some bad calls, reversed TD due to questionable penalty, missed field goal and still was able to send it into overtime. It was a shame Cassel decided it was a good time to throw an interception. If not for that, I believe KC would have won. Steelers fans thought they were going to see a blowout and given KC's record, they should have won handily at home but I don't think they're as good as they think they are. Looking forward to our matchup Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Even if it is a sprain, it's going to impact his ability to throw it down field.
    Yes. It was the right shoulder.

Blog Entries

Bad news if its the right shoulder, but I'm not buying it being as bad as they are making it out to be, we've been down this road with these steelers and ben's "injury" before.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Bad news if its the right shoulder, but I'm not buying it being as bad as they are making it out to be, we've been down this road with these steelers and ben's "injury" before.
    Already being dubbed an "unusual injury".

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ated-shoulder/

Que the "Big Ben is such a warrior." line.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

(ahem)

New York,Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2012 (AP): NFL ANNOUNCES "ROETHLISBERGER RULE"

In a not-unanticipated move, NFL Commissioner Roger Greedell announced that due to the injury to his throwing arm, the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will be allowed to punt the ball downfield in lieu of passing. Referees have been instructed to call Defensive Pass Interference on any opposing player who attempts to catch the ball or prevent the intended receiver from catching it.

"We considered letting him use a JUGS machine," Greedell said, "but we decided the risk of the poor fragile boy tweaking his tender hamstrings pushing it around the field was just too great."

the new rule will apply only to games versus AFC North opponents that the Steelers have a significant chance of losing. "Cleveland, meh," Greedell was quoted as saying, "Pittsburgh could put a lamed jackass in as QB & still blow them out." (Steelers backup QB Brian Leftwich was unavailable for comment.)

Greedell emphasized that as in the infamous Bush v Gore Supreme Court decision of 2000, this should not be construed as setting a precedent. "The sole purpose of this rule is to make sure the much-beloved Pittsburgh team wouldn't be put at a disadvantage versus those dastardly & universally hated black birds from Baltimore."

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    Yeah right, I'm not buying this bullshit one minute. You can bet your ass he'll be out there and ripping our pass defense to shreds next week.
    Again, this is all Drama. I agree with the notion that he WILL be ready come Sunday night; cmon man, this is SNF and all of the announcers will be talking - the whole world will be watching! He will be there!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    (ahem)
    That's hilarious LOL

Mark my words if Ben doesn't play Sunday...if they lose, it's because they were having to play us with their 2nd string QB. If they win, they beat us with their 2nd string QB no less. I can hear it now...Steeler fans are so predictable.

Blog Entries

I'm just guessing, but I think he separated his shoulder. He's going to be out awhile. Just a guess, but the way he fell on it is the textbook way to separate a shoulder.